Mad Men

Mystery Date

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 08, 2012 on AMC

• Mystery Date is exactly what Mad Men is about, a dramatic piece of the American 60's.

Its July 1966 in the aftermath of the Chicago Richard Speck murders which puts an uneasy and suspicious mood and effect on women around the country, including the brave Peggy. Don, however, has a different ailment (literally) as he is fighting two battles: a terrible flu that he's suppressing with aspirin, and the hardest of all, attempting to stay loyal to his new wife Megan when an old flame comes back to reality. While all this is going to Dons head he has yet another fly to swat, the ever annoying Michael Ginsberg who can never seem to keep his mouth shut for his own good personally and professionally. Also in SCDP, is the ever growing friction between Roger and Pete and it seems Pete is increasingly getting under Rogers skin, and is succeeding. Outside of the office we have Dons daughter Sally's hate-filled relationship with her new strict Grandmother, Pauline which grows into an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation when the ever curious Sally questions the Chicago murders. In a dramatic sub plot, Greg makes his return from Vietnam along with a concerned Joan about her husband's ever growing loyalty to the army. Also amidst the background of the episode we see, as we have throughout this new season, the cultural change between races in and out of the work force with Peggy befriending Don's new black secretary, Dawn. With brewing conflicts, historically relevant issues, some unexpected twist and turns, old temptations that die hard and even surprising heartwarming moments emerging from tragic events, Mystery Date is exactly what Mad Men is about, a dramatic piece of the American 60's that never ceases to amaze its legion of loyal fans.

AMC