Mad Men

Signal 30

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 15, 2012 on AMC

• Way to go, Lane!

Lane does what everyone has wanted to do at some point - beat the crap out of Pete. This episode highlights the increased obnoxiousness and pretentiousness of Peter and the unlikely brawl that finally takes him down several notches. There are some noteworthy events as actuallly has a good time at a social event - a dinner insisted on by Trudy. Kenny is highlighted a bit more and his writing expolits again come to light. The Joan/Lane relationship takes a surprising turn (maybe Roger steals the show with some of the funniest lines in the brawl scene. Enjoyable episode that definitely moves some of the characters along a lot...
  • Pretty Much Perfect

One of my favorite Mad Men episodes ever. I loved Don's chat with Pete in the taxi... quite a role reversal and Don was refreshingly honest throughout.
  • Signal 30

A different episode of Mad Men, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Seeing Lane get a real storyline was nice, and the poorly directed fight was a pleasure to watch.

The party scenes were awkward, and not in a good way, but as someone who has been critical of Alison Brie, her fake accent was not as offputting tonight as it usually is.

This was a different episode, but the best of the season in my mind.