Mad Men

The Arrangements

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Sep 06, 2009 on AMC

• Betty's dad Gene dies, Peggy moves to Manhattan, Pete brings in a loaded client...

7.4
    Mad Men continues to shock us at intermittent periods, be it Sally Draper playing spaceman with a plastic bag or Bobby handling a meat cutting knife. I know children do not watch this show, but nevertheless it is something they should keep off. I don't plan on writing how slow the show is -TV.com has written a million articles about it. Rather, I would be happy if columnists wrote about the positive aspects of it. Pete brings in a new client this time, and earns the trust of Pryce and the Brits. Peggy takes another step in the direction of becoming a bold woman. She decides to rent an apartment in Manhattan and has a hard time convincing her mother to let her go.

Don had a minor role this time around. His only big job was to talk a client out of giving business to Sterling Cooper, and he fails to execute that. The biggest storyline this time around was Gene's death. It will be interesting to see what effect it has on Sally.

Other storylines such as Sal finding it hard to show love to his wife, failing at his directorial debut, and Joan giving Peggy the much needed advice were some good filler ones. Decent episode.