Mad Men

The Color Blue

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 18, 2009 on AMC

• Betty Draper 1 - Don Draper 0

I hate to admit, I did not get most of the stuff in this episode. But the overall theme that was very evident was anger. Which brings me to the question, what does the title signify? What does the Color Blue signify here? The long standing conflict between Don and Betty takes an all new level here. Betty has always been on the sidelines as she has never been able to convert the sadness in their relationship into rebellion against morals. Don doesn't really have any problem doing that. Now that Betty knows about Dick Whitman, which is probably the biggest and life changing deception that Don has ever delivered, it would be interesting how Don reacts to that.

Roger Sterling is an angry man. He rants before Bert Cooper reasoning Don Drapers meteoric rise is because of him. And now he has to deliver a speech commending his accomplishments at SC 40th anniversary. Pryce is also angry - his seemingly peaceful life in New York is on a slippery slope for the second time. Kinsey has a hard time accepting Peggy is better than him, very evidently from Aqua-something and Western Union pitches.

Decent episode, but not TV worthy.