Mad Men

The Mountain King

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 19, 2008 on AMC

• NOT the final episode, phew.

I was one of those people who thought this was going to be the final episode and was watching it as such. Luckily it's not, because it would have been disappointing. For a build-up to the finale it's a good episode. The scenes with Don in LA were very well written and played beautifully by the actors. You could really tell if you were watching the younger Dick or the older Don. Peggy was funny as always. The reaction of the guys when they heard she was getting the office, great. "But I'm the head of television!" LOL And Pete was even nice about it. Every time the story about his wife not being able to have kids, I wonder when and if he is going to find out if he already has a kid with Peggy. Maybe next episode?

All the female characters were great in this episode. Ofcourse terrible what happened to Joan. And Betty was so strong explaining to here daughter, and than psycho again to her horse riding friend!
    Without those characters the show would be just another show about men and there futile problems. Now we get to see both sides of the story and not jus Don moping that his wife doesn't understand him. These women are really the feminists avant la lettre. Excited to see the final episode! What will Don decide? Will Pete find out about the baby? How is Peggy in her role of senior copywriter? Will Joan break off the engagement?