Mad Men

The Rejected

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Aug 15, 2010 on AMC

• Mad Don..

This was surprisingly a fast moving episode of Mad Men and thoroughly enjoyable one. We get to see a whole lot of character development, and a glimpse of where Matt Weiner would probably drive the drama to.

Vinny Kartheiser gets a good amount of screen time, where we see him excited with a certain good news, display his scheming self to put his rep on the charts, and finally unwillingly feel guilty when he is implicitly reminded by Peggy that this is not his first dad moment. I also thought his meeting with Kenny was some sort of a turning point. Kenny remarks wherever they are now, one is a slave to Don Draper and the other to some old man running creative.

Peggy has been depicted here as someone who is ready to embrace the future of creativity - be it hanging out with pot smoking party animals of the 60s or appreciating new forms of photography. Don's personal struggle continues, when his secretary Allison starts throwing her tantrums on him. He is also quick to dismiss the behavior researcher's hypothesis.

Pretty good of episode of Mad Men, and it's good to see superman without his cape.