MAD

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

shengongwu3000

MAD Fan Reviews (72)

5.5
  • HILARIOUS!!!

I don't know why you bitches are hating on this show. You're taking it way too literal. I fucking love the parodies.
  • LOL TOO FUNNY

Too funny. I love these parodys. and very random.
  • please stop

i really love the show and all but STOP MAKING FUN OF MY LITTLE PONY,RAINBOW DASH,AND MY LITTLE really love them all . you can send me a email on yahoo telling me wat u think. ok? thank my email address is .please send me a email
  • Mad TV is freaking awesome!

When first seeing the commercials for this show, I had a hunch it would be good. I mean, the MAD magazines haven't been selling well recently, so I figured this show would bring MAD and Cartoon Network back to life. Well it certainly is working! The whole show is a basic tamer version of the Adult Swim MA show Robot Chicken. MAD is full of non-stop pop culture references that attack everything popular in the industry nowdays. Avaturd, CSI, iCarly, Justin Bieber, Star Wars, Disney, you name it!

I just love it when a show has the balls to do this kind of stuff!
  • its ok

its ok its Like cartoonetwork version of Robot Chicken
  • Cartoon Network's own version of Robot Chicken

As much as I love Robot Chicken,I love this show too.It's basically spoofs of tv,movies,video games and pop culture.I just love it because it's so random with all of those sketches.But my favorite sketch so far is Pirates Of the Neverland.I give it an A.

Comedy:FINALLY,a CN show that has humor.

Animation:A mix between Stop motion,clay-mation and many more.

Voices:Of course,the creators of Mad really picked great jokes and wrote great lines.

Okay,So now you know that this is my new favorite show next to Fish Hooks.But the rest of the shows like Regular Show and Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. are just retarted.
  • Absolutely great. No word to explain it but this show is awesome.

I'm going to break it down it into segments and review them.

Avaturds: I really like avatar so I wasn't sure I wanted them making fun of it, but it was really funny and the animation was weird but awesome. Favorite part was when it had the smurf. Ha!

Bieber bowl: This was probably the best part of the show. Just keep spinning

Spy vs. Spy: Just as funny as in the magazine, really funny

Rejected transformers: How do they come up with this kind of stuff!

Celebrity birthdays: This was the only thing i didn't really like, just wasn't that funny.

Where's Lady Gaga: I love it when the make fun of celebrities.

CSicarly: Just one word AWESOME!!!!!!
  • MAD Magazine Has Gone Television!!

Like any other sketch comedy series such as MADtv, Robot Chicken, All That, In Living Color and Saturday Night Live, "MAD" brings out some of the most hilarious segments based on anything the writers see in the media. Whatever we see on television, in magazines, move theaters, and in public will appear in MAD. Justin Bieber seems to be the most frequent target for this animated sketch comedy show, and I don't really like that guy from Canada to be honest with you. I actually praise this series for being produced by Warner Bros. Animation. At least it isn't another one of those mega-lame animated Disney shows. I just hope that as long as there is so many different TV series, movies, sitcoms, novels, celebrities, and whatnot around, MAD will probably have more than 100 episodes. Watching this new animated sketch comedy series makes me miss MADtv ever since it started in October 14, 1995 and ended in May 16, 2009.
  • One of the greats... CN manages to come out with another gem.

Now, "Mad" may not be the next "MADtv", but it's a soon-to-be classic. Although, I did almost puke during the pimple-popping sketch... too disgusting. But the show overall is hilarious, it utilizes the "Mad" property well (ALFRED E. NEUMAN PWNS!!!!!), and the jokes are almost always spot-on ("Where's Lady GaGa?" Simply priceless). Cannot wait to see what "Mad" does next, and I do not, in any way, see it getting cancelled in the future. This is just too good a show, and it finally gives Cartoon Network an excuse to put "Robot Chicken" on primetime television (in a way). In cconlusion, because I know you're prob'ly "MAD" at me for wasting your time (lol pun), "Mad" is awesome, and Cartoon Network manages to come out with another gem.
  • Just as good as the magazine, everything is fresh.

This, to me, is like a new generation MAD is trying to entertain. I see that most of the people here hate this series, but the OTHER generation that has been tried was cancelled 2 years ago(or sometime during 2008/2009). So this is a new chance for MAD to be successful, give it a chance, watch it. You'll like it. :)(: :D

• MAD is HILARIOUS!

Cartoon Network, it's about time you made a show like this. For the first in a long time, CN has something news on it that makes me LAUGH! This show is very zany, with great humor in a lot of sketches and skits, like "Mouse M.D.", "Snot Pilgrim", or "Grey's In Anime". I also love how they still reference the MAD Magazine by using Spy vs. Spy and cartoons from Don Martin. While there is the occasional toilet humor that makes me gag, the show still makes me laugh, and I think it's Cartoon Network's best in a LONG time!
  • Cartoon Network is back baby!

I saw the first episode recently and this show is without a doubt, the greatest thing to air on Cartoon Network since Ed, Edd n Eddy! Sure, it may just be a more tame version of Robot Chicken but you know what, I don't care! It's still freakin funny! I especially loved the bit in the first episode where they poke fun at ICarly, I wonder what Nickelodeon has to say about that? I was starting to think Cartoon Network was about to go under, what with a program line up of crappy live action and humorless Canadian animation (*cough*Total Drama"cough*) but with the latest addition of "Mad" to the line up I still have a small chance of hope for the network.
  • entertaning!

like the animation .i like the parodys.
  • HAHAHA!!!!!!

LOVE THIS SHOW .YOU REALLY DONE IT THIS TIME -'-
  • Good but not great

Good but not great. Based upon Mad magazine, each episode is a collection of short animated parodies of television shows, movies, games, celebrities and other media using various types of animation. The series premiered on September 6th, 2010. MAD is a Cartoon Network American animated sketch comedy series created by Kevin Shinick & Mark Marek. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, it can be considered a successor to the cancelled FOX series MADtv (though MAD is more faithful to the source material than MADtv was, MAD is animated while MADtv had live-action and animation, and MAD, despite its TV-PG rating on Cartoon Network, is aimed more at children than MADtv, which was rated TV-14 and was aimed at teenagers and adults to serve as a rival to NBC's Saturday Night Live).
  • Great and (for the most part) funny sketch comedy but I wouldn't say it's an excellent cartoon

Okay, unless you are one of those people that get irritated watching shows that make fun of cartoons, movies, and celebrities then I wouldn't recommend it but if you are a person that doesn't mind watching those things than I recommend it. Before I forget, today is my birthday (WOO!!!). My little brother is the reason why I started getting into this show. I thought it looked stupid when I saw the promo and I didn't even both giving it a chance but my brother begged me to give "MAD" a chance so I said to him "Huh, okay, let's watch that stupid show MAD". We watched the show and it turned out to be WAY better than I expected. I would say that this show is kind of like Adult Swim's "Robot Chicken" except that this is show is for kids which is good. Some of the sketches are actually pretty funny and entertaining. The least enjoyable sketch in this show is "Spy vs. Spy". Do we really need to see "Spy vs. Spy" every single episode, they're just pointless and WAY too predictable. It is kind of irritating seeing some of the sketches because they can be stupid and most of them really aren't that bad and I happen to find them entertaining and funny. I won't get offensive if you hate this show though because I do understand why people hate this show. Overall, "MAD" is a great sketch comedy on Cartoon Network but not a sketch comedy that I would call excellent. 8.5/10
  • It's MAD funny... Sometimes....

MAD is just one of those tv shows when there is nothing good on for me. Sometimes it is funny and sometimes it's just boring. Some of the jokes are repetative and all they can come up with is using their old jokes. I do like the MAD news reporter guy in the first few seasons. But then he turned into stuff you have missed. I really prefer the news reporter. Gonna talk about the skits. The only good parts are the mini skits and the commercials. The longer skits feel the same. The voices all sound the same in every episode, but I can't complain they got a few voice actors. I usually like the skits that have other cartoons in it. I just like seeing different styles of animation of the character. Overall, MAD is a good show but needs to pump up some more jokes and stop being repetative with them.
  • MAD MAD MAD

My dad used to get MAD magazines, and as a kid,I wasn't allowed to look at the magazine because Mom thought it too raunchy but now that I'm into the show it's almost like the magazine.The show has that same essence of the magazine, the parodies are in the same likeness of the Mad of old just more modern with todays stars being the topic. I like it alot!
  • MAD!

So yeah, there isn't mucvh I can say about this show since it doesn't have characters or sotry, it's just a bunch or sketchs that parody and refernece current franchises. There are some recurring ketches like Where's Ladt Gaga?, Aks A Celebrty, Rejected ---- and obiously, Spy vs SPy.

But yeah, the show started out great, but then quickly became worse because the sktches became much less intersintg and more random jokes, and also there is a little overdose on fart/vomit/gross stuff jokes, which I HEAVILy dislike.

Overall: It's a "it's there" show. It has it's moments, like the recent Pokemon Park which was spot on. 8/10.
  • Humor over quality.

I'm very mixed about MAD. On the positive side, it's a very funny show that made me laugh on more than one occasion and I like it when it shows characters from other cartoons like Pokemon and MLP:FIM. On the negative side, however, it has poor quality animation, a non-existing plot, and barely any music. This is what happens if a show focuses more on humor than quality. If this show adds a bit more quality, it would be nearly perfect.
  • it was kinda hard to think

most of the parodys are good but there some parodys that are real bad like the sponge thing one or something ==
  • One of my guilty pleasures

I don't know if I've said this earlier, but I love sketch shows. From Saturday Night Live, to In Living Color, sketch shows can be entertaining, creative, and funny. However, I don't think there's been an animated sketch show, so when I heard about MAD, I got intrigued. So I saw a bunch of episodes and...

The show is basically making fun of anything popular nowadays, from Paranormal Activity and Pirates of the Caribbean, to Justin Bieber and Dora the Explorer. In fact, the main hook of the show is taking two popular culture icons, and combine them into one story, whether it makes sense to, or not. And for the most part, not. But we'll get to that in a second. There's also other sketches, such as Spy vs. Spy, where two spies continuously try to outsmart one another in killing one another, Celebrities without their Makeup, Mad News, which is a parody of news broadcasts, and fake commercials.

What are the good things about this show? First off, the character design is very creative. While the backgrounds, and animation is just ok, and even the designs aren't that great. But the thing is that it's all unique; from traditional animation, to computers, to photoshopping actors, and animating them, while looking like paper, it's different for every episode, and gives it an extra charm. Also, I'm a fan of the shorts in-between the main ones, especially Spy vs. Spy. Highlights also include the fake commercials, Ask your Celebrity, and Rejected Characters.

However, there are some problems with this show. My main issue is the main two segments. Now, they aren't horrible, but they combine two items into a confusing, cluttered mess. For example, one segment had Shrek and Law and Order together. That's confusing. Sometimes, it works, like Peter Pan meets Pirates of the Caribbean, but the majority give some clutterness, though again, it isn't horrible, as it can be funny, and gives a touch of creativity, but it's distracting, as you're thinking, "How can two different genres combine into one?" Also, there's a lot of toilet humor, including farting, and BARFING! How is vomit be ok for a kids show?

Overall, Mad is an good show; It's not the best of CN, and I don't even think there's that many good stuff about it, but it is entertaining. Watch it, and see if it's good for you.
  • When it's good it's hilarious when it's bad it's dreadfull

I have only watched a few episodes and started watching it today. Some of it I found really funny an some of it I just turned off. It reminds me of Robot Chicken but Robot Chicken is alot better. I think the animation is good for some gags and terrible for others, the voice actors are a bit bad but I guess there ment to take the mickey outta the shows. Overall I think the show is good in some ways and bad in others it is not my favourite show but I will watch it every now and then!

• good

Mad is one of those shows where occasionally it is funny- and, let me say, when it is funny, it IS funny. But, the rest of the time, it is boring. It parodies a wide range of movies, TV shows, and misc. things, and some of it is funny, but the rest of the time it is pretty boring and not very entertaining. I recommend anyone watch an episode and see if you like it. If you see one episode and don't like it, chances are you won't like any of the other ones.
  • Edit to my last review...

My last review was a 10, but I had to bring it down a bit because of the newer episodes. Season 1 was hilarious, Season 2 was really funny, Season 3 was funny, and the new season's kind of dropping in quality. The nice thing about the older seasons is that they had me consistently laughing. Now the show'll get a few laughs out of me every other skit. Maybe they're just running out of ideas, or they had to cut off on the suggestive dialogue that was primarily in Season 1 because they took note that young kids were watching it. It's just disappointing. If this gets renewed for a 5th Season, I just hope that they can get their shit together before I lose interest completely.
  • It Has It's Chuckle Every Now And Then

this show isn't all that bad. When i first watched this show i thought it was going to be amazing! but then i found out it was more along the lines of average and a bit mind- numbing. you can definitely get a good laugh out of this show (the title says it all) but a lot of the time, jokes seem to fall a bit short. honestly, i think the best part of Mad is their opening skits which are usually movie-in-minute parodies. a lot of the time they just nail those, but sometimes it's just eh. i've definitely laughed at some skits consistently like the Captain America ripoff. but the skits that most bug me about this show are the advertisements. now when i hear that there's a show with advertising skits, i'll immediately go out of my way to watch it because it is really easy to make a great advertisement parody. but these ones on mad fall really, really flat and dull. some are alright... i guess. overall, this show is really 50% 50% with my liking of the skits, but just the whole style of the show beats the (painfully average style, meaning not always too over the top like fricken Sanjay and Craig)
  • this is what the future of mad tv has come too

i mean i love mad tv but this show just is not as funny as it predecessor. i mean it's targeted for kid and i'm not even sure kids know whats funny anymore i mean granted that Justin Bieber is the main Target for them to make fun of because i can't stand him.And i mean i think cartoon Network is aware of how stupid Icarly and Victorious and it's about time someone makes fun of these show. this show is funny but still not as funny as madtv was i miss the funny skit that were on that show but i do thank them for dissing on hannah montanna.
  • Well MAD isn't the worst thing we've seen from Cartoon Network, but it certainly isn't the best.

MAD is an animated sketch comedy series produced by Warner Brothers and distributed and shown on Cartoon Network.

Now your experience of MAD may change depending on the episode you watch. The show has 2 main sketches and several minor sketches. The main sketches: Some of can be a guilty's pleasure at times or they can be just plain cheesy. MAD can sometimes have good minor sketches like Spy Vs. Spy but you can also get ones with a lot of potty humor. An example would be a guy popping a pimple and a load of puss would come out. Fart jokes, etc. They're occasional, yet they can be are really annoying. There is also celebrity humor some people may like it some people may not, but I don't like MAD's tendency to use the same humor about the same celebrities. I know one time they used the same joke about Lady Gaga wearing funny clothes. I don't know if they'd done done this more times. Another thing is the spoof ideas.. Sure there are some a really liked, but some just look like the writers had a bunch of cards and chose two things to put together. They just made a word pun for the title and continued on and combined the two movies/shows/books and kept adding references similar to the subject. I know they could have done better at certain points introducing and executing the humor rather than going overboard.

MAD can be fun to watch at times but other times it seems like they keep shoveling out spoof ideas without a sense of wittiness or cleverness. The show can also be a little less obnoxious. The writers may need to get a bit more organized and be able to separate the good ideas from the bad ideas. 6/10
  • Its not that bad

I mean yeah some of the jokes are corny and/or played out but at the end of the day who doesnt like making fun of celebs especially when they're the ones you dont like. lol
  • MAD isn't the worst thing I've seen on Cartoon Network these days, the worst is Incredible Crew

5.5
    This show is not bad, but it's not great either. the animations are too creepy for my liking, and like most critics are saying about this show, this is pretty much Robot Chicken for kids. Robot Chicken is funny as hell, but I don't really care for this show. They could have done better with MAD. But I will admit, it's better than Incredible Crew.
< 1 2 3