MAD

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

shengongwu3000

MAD Fan Reviews (71)

5.4
  • One of the absolute worst I've ever seen.

Oh boy, it's time to talk about one of the absolute worst shows I've ever seen. I've been dreading this day for a long time. It is often considered to be a kids version of Robot Chicken, which is a show that I'm not particulary a fan of. All mad is, is just a bunch of skits that parody popular shows and movies. They've parodied Smurfs, Star Trek, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (as well as Equestria Girls), Winnie the Pooh, Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Toy Story, Sesame Street, Field of Dreams, SpongeBob, Spielberg Movies, various real life celeberties, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, Batman, Spiderman, Pokemon, Superman, Muppets, Cow and Chicken, Finding Nemo, Bob the Builder, Iron Man, Mario, Cars, Disney Princesses, Care Bears, Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear, Regular Show, Garfield, Avatar, Bambi, Pinnochio, Peter Pan, Teen Titans, Dora the Explorer, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Peanuts, Pink Panther, Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, Mickey Mouse and Friends, Looney Tunes, Thomas the Tank Engine, Dr. Seuss, Shrek, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Dragonball Series, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack, The Flintstones, and much much more. They are all broken up into skits. The show also has so many animation styles like traditonal, greenscreen, flash, CGI, and many others. The animation is horrible. Also none of the skits are actually remotely funny. It also likes to make fun of the stuff they spoof. This isn't South Park you know. MAD TV was funny but, this was made for kids, while MAD TV was made for adults.
  • IDIOTC!!!

stupid this trash went bye bye GOOD!
  • BAD is more like it!

Thank god that this trash has ended. It was not even funny to begin with.

First off, it's a rip off of Robot Chicken with less creativity and potty humor. The only skit I liked from this show was "My Little Pwny" and Dora throwing up. At least they were funny, while all the other skits were unfunny. What makes it a big disgrace is that it is called MAD. Why call it MAD, it gives MAD TV a bad name.

F-
  • i hate mad

hi mad,

i hate you
  • Why did CN green light this?

I hate this show. It ruins the real shows and movies that this show parodies and it is also overboard on some gross jokes. I really hope Cartoon Network does`nt renew this "quality show" for anouther season, because it really smears culture and makes litiure and film look very bad. Please please please please please please please please please please pretty pretty please cancel this CN. PLEASE!!!!!!!
  • dumb poor show

i don't get oh this show gets to make fun of other movies/shows well yeah the company that owns the show does which is cartoon network to tell the truth this show is a copy of robot chicken the only different is that robot chicken has bad words as (parents would say) and doesn't really make fun of shows/movies alot like MAD and at it's funny any way back to MAD why can't this so called showed make fun it self oh man that would great or at least cancel it

• F*** THIS SHOW

It is an abomination of all terrible shows I just can't stand the people who just put in the movie we like and have it eat s*** for breakfast. I'll give out why this is bad.

Animation: Crappy, just crappy, they just either find people who can draw some thing disturbing and make kids be creeped out. Heck even the 3d animation makes the nostalgia critic's a masterpiece. They can't even lip sync in 100% of the time. That is really bad.

Humor: of epic movie and Robot chicken and have ing the characters be tortured in what they are putting in. Yeah that is not funny.

Voice actors: Please Tara strong get out of that abomination of a show.

What came from: that magazine that I burn them (not really) when I buy one of them.

Over all avoid avoid this show at all times and the grade.

G---- yeah I am going to the fairly odd parents joke.
  • Waste of a show, absolutely ridiculous

As soon as I laid eyes on this show, it made me want to blow my brains out. This show is ridiculous. The animation is gross to look at, which is usually celebrity faces with poorly drawn eyes or mouths. The animation is not only half-assed as well, but sometimes it's just awkward with a 3d character added in which just doesn't fit. The humor is stupid, with a pop reference shoved in the crevasse; even if it doesn't deserve a spot in whatever it is, a sketch, skit or segment, it's shoved in anyways. If it comes to the point where it could fit in, then usually it does, but then it gets ruined by it's execution. This show deserves to be forgotten and lost in time. The voice acting is horrid, the animation is horrid, and the humor is a humiliation unless you're 7.
  • Waste of good space for CN.

This show is disgusting, immature, and lame. It is constantly parodying shows and introducing like a celeb every five seconds kind of crap. It's trying to be too satirical, but it's showing satire can be immature as funk.

I hate how they try to advertise their own shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show, etc. and then dumb it down. Example of a mad skit: Someone is listening to some music and says, "Yuck! This music sounds too much like a boy!" and then a random celebrity, let's say, Justin Bieber comes in and says "Hi! Do you want your music to sound like a dumb girl? Then try the BIEBERPHONES!" Yaaaay! How many times have we heard people say "Justin Bieber sounds like a girl"? Like a bajillion times.

It's stupid, inappropriate for children, and should be taken off the air. Thumbs this review up if you agree.

• Is this supposed to entertain?

Do I really need to go in depth on this? The writing is so lame that even toddlers won't find this funny. Just take two existing franchises, somehow make a pun title, and force in a scenario that doesn't make any sense. The jokes themselves are infantile. Absurdity may work for some jokes but this is a major example on how it can be executed poorly. As much as I love seeing celebrities undeserving of their fame to be taunted to death, I think this only ended up flattering them instead. If you want to watch a show that parodies iconic shows and celebrities and you don't mind some crude humor, stay up and watch "Robot Chicken". Trust me, the laughs are more genuine.
  • boooooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnng!!!!

just dumb and boring,none of the jokes are funny and when is hear the title music i wanna joke someone.cartoon network has officially killed themselves by canceling the good shows.
  • Lamest show ever.

Parodying is one thing but making fun of our faves is drawing the line into hating it. Cartoon Network better cancel that show as the ratings turn from lame to worst.
  • A wast of time and space on my TV

the only thing i watch on that show is the 10 seconds of Spy vs Spy

other than that its nothing but celebrities throwing up of being mocked Cartoons r suppose to make you laugh, not sick, annoyed, or want to insert knives into your ears and eyes.

If MAD made a show purely of Spy vs Spy i would actually watch it

but since it isn't, I would rather bite down on a cactus

AWFUL
  • this show is terrible

No joke this show is soooo bad. It relies on pop culture references to seem like it is funny such as making fun of twilight, justin bieber, and etc. Seriously if you're gonna make fun of something that has already been made fun of a million times. They probably look up jokes about a pop culture reference from the internet and put it on the show because the writers themselves are just terrible. Most of the kids watching this show probably don't even understand most of the references. The kids are just gonna use the references in coversation and not even understand what it means. The references are just plain rude and sometimes just don't even make sense or just really explains the obvious reasons or facts about the person which iI guess are trying to made into comedy. They try to hard to make this show "hip" with people my age. People my age don't even find this funny. They also combine two things that don't even relate to each other in the slightest way and try so hard. Seriously this show is not even remotely funny, it's about as exciting as a wet pickle. This show was made for kids who have no sense of humor and still make fun of Justin Bieber and other things that girls like. So immature... I wish I can say more about this show but my utter hate for this show can't even be expressed in this review.
  • This show makes fun of other shows

I wonder if the shows that they make fun of will sue them for spitting on their name. And it is not just that the jokes are horrible. its just not funny.

And they are constantly making fun of twilight. What do they have against twilight.

I know this is short but their isnt really much to talk about.

0 out of 10
  • This show is inappropriate for kids and extremely not funny. It should really be taken off the air, that and Problem solvers, fail cartoon network, just fail. What a waste of animation.

The show really lacks creativity, its just a bunch of people making fun of other people not even in a funny way just an "Obvious" boring way. And kids who watch this show don't really care about actors and movies that came out. Mad tv on comedy central was good but this cartoon mess is just....a shame a waste of time. As soon as it comes on I turn off the t.v. not even change the channel, I feel like T.V has completely died until that show if off. Please take this car off the air and replace it with actual good cartoons, bring something old back cause this new show...is your worse work yet. Its been on the air so long that I couldn't believe anyone would give this show anything less then a 1. Cartoon network disappoints me with shows like these, I've been watching this network all my life and Wow......here's some other crap shows, "Destry build Destry, The hole in the wall, Dude what would happen,6teen, Problem solvers, too many total drama island reruns" Annnnoyyyingg shows, horribly made and talks about nothing, I miss the 90s -_- where have the good writers gone? I mean its called cartoon network...get the rest of those crappy shows off and stop playing scooby do and star wars re-runs...and no more non-cartoon related reruns!!!!

• Hate this show with every fiber of my being.

Let me start off by saying that this has got to be one of the worst shows ever aired on CN.

The puns are lame, the humor is lame, and it's just overall unfunny. I feel like I'm losing brain cells when I watch it. I've given it alot of chances, and with every chance my hopes are crushed. It tries SO hard to be funny, that it's annoying. It's completely un-origional, and I personally think that the audience it's aiming for are probably drooling two year olds.

"Okay, so the guy starts using a can-opener, and then his wife comes in and tells him that he's using a can opener on a SANDWHICH! HAHAHAHAHA HOW CREATIVE!!!!1111!!1!one111!"

They make references to celebrities CONSTANTLY. That gets old, I hear a, "Justin Beiber is a girl." crack online almost every day. I'm pretty shocked that they havn't done a rebecca black parody yet.

If they did, I'm pretty sure that it would be about Rebecca black singing 'friday' nasally in her car, then realizing her car is actually a transformer, who converses with her about her bad singing, rebecca becomes terrified and crashes into a tree, the tree then comes to life, and makes a 'wizard of oz' pun. End parody. (this is what all mad sketches are like)

Also, I hate how CN advertizes it's own shows with it by trying (I use the term 'trying' losely.) to parody it in some un-funny mannor. It's like they're trying to get more publicity through it, which I can't stand.

They try to be like Robot Chicken, but fail miserably. It has great potential, but the writes wouldn't understand humor if it smacked them in the face. This show is blasphemy, and once everyone sees how awful of a show it is, and it gets canceled, may it be buried deep into the ground,and never be allowed to surface the earth again. Amen.

No offense to immature preteen fans or anything, and I don't care how many thumbs down I get, this show deserves to burn in cartoon hell.

• I remember a time when Cartoon Network was my favorite channel of them all... But Now... we have shows like this.

Cartoon Network used to have some of the best shows on Television. Now, we have lame shows, such as (People who like Cartoon Network, skip this) Adventure Time, Chowder, Flapjack, Re-Animated, The Amazing World of GumBall, and other lame "Real" shows. And Most recently, this excuse for a show.

I like to critique things in a certain way, so here goes.

The Humor: The humor in this is sub-par, and the par is zero. Bland humor runs rampant throughout this show.

Animation: Two Words: Crap-py.

Parodies: Some of my favorite things and people have been torn to shreds on this show, in it's strive for what it likes to call "Humor".

Overall, I think this and the other shows listed above need to be taken out back and put out of their misery.

1/10= Gag!

That's all for now.

• Terribly unfunny

A show about Mad? Oh sweet, I remember reading this and watching MadTv... oh wait a minute, this version sucks badly! The parodies are really stupid, the animation is truly repulsive, and it's just not funny. I think I laughed once at the true stupidity of it all, but not at the actual parodies or jokes. Some of them are so bad that I feel like the creators haven't even watched whatever their paroding, as it can be SO OFF and SO BAD, I just question it. If you want to watch a good show on CN, watch Regular Show, not this. 0/10 F-
  • Shockingly unfunny.

I'm sorry that I have to have an unpopular point of view for this show, but I have never been so disappointed at Cartoon Network in my life. When I saw the promo for this show, I, like everyone else, saw potential for this show. However, when I saw the first episode, I was surprised at how childish and humorless the show was. I geuss some stuff is funnier in magazine form, because this was just plain unfunny. I will however, give credit to the Spy vs. Spy segments, which are in my opinion, the only good scetches in the intire show. Infact, I think they should have just made a show focusing mainly on the Spy vs. Spy segments. Still, the show doesn't hold up at all and fails to impress.
  • it sucks.

Face it. The only short I did like other than Spy VS Spy is the Umpire Diaries short and the Batman one with the alarm clock Batwave. Other than that, they're cheap and disgusting ways to rip off of MAD Magazine, which in itself is steadily declining. The humor in it is topical and disgusting to look at, especially on an empty stomach. Most of them make you sick to your stomach, and some are just plain lame, copying off of SNL, which you, the viewer are probably thinking of watching right now instead of this crappy piece of dog doo. I understand that this is a parody show, but do they have to parody a bazillion things in one short? No, but they do anyway. For example: "Avatards", a three-minute sketch parodying Avatar. In three minutes, they parody M&M's, Blue's Clues, Keyboard Cat, The Smurfs, Wii, The Lion King, and Sesame Street. That's 8+ parodies in 3 1/2 minutes. What the heck?! Why can't they pick one topic and stick with it?
  • MAD? No. BAD!

And in this next installment of the rapid decline of Cartoonetwork cartoons, we have MAD; a cartoon spin-off of the popular MAD magazine and MADtv."A spin-off of two things that were really popular? What could go wrong?" Everything. First of all, it tries to be like the Adult-Swim series Robot Chicken, and it fails miserably. The humor is so stale and dry you could start a bonfire with it and, aside from the videogame references, it has parodies and other references that most kids watching it wouldn't get. For example, the segment "Malcom in the Middle Earth" was [as the name implies] a parody of the old FOX show, Malcom in the Middle, coupled along with other character parodies from movies like "The Chronicles of Narnia" and "Lord of the Rings". Malcom in the Middle ended before i was even in middle school and I'm in my later years of high school now. I highly doubt any kid would get the in-jokes and references the show has. As for those of you who say the show does have some parodies kids will understand, I have just this to say to you: The show will need more than just videogame, batman, and iCarly references to survive. Then again, this is the new CN; any crappy show can survive there now. Cartoonetwork has lowered its standards in quality cartoons and I'm disappointed to see how badly Cartoonetwork has hit the bottom. Oh, and one more thing before I go; Professional cartoons should either be a half-hour long, or two consecutive 15 segments. Enough of this 15 minute-long laziness.
  • terrible absolutely terrible this is the one show you never want to watch cuz nothings original or funny at all

adventure time and regular show are way better if cartoon network got rid of mad and brang back flapjack the world would be a better place it suxz sux usx sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux suxz sux sux sux sux suxux x x x x x x x x x sux sux sux sux sux sux sux suxu sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux usx xusx i only did that cuz you have to have at least a hundred words a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a z a a a a a a a
  • It was Mediocre at first, but now it's just appalling.

1.5
    The be honest with you, I liked it at first, it needed improvement, but it still got a few giggles out of me. I especially liked the Jersey Shore parody. By the time it was season 2, I gave up on this show. Before it had a few gross jokes here and there (I always HATED how it did that) but it would still have pretty funny jokes. Now it seems to think that it was the crude jokes that gave it success to begin with. Wrong. That was the worst part. I find it especially annoying how the random characters seem to throw up in EVERY DAM EPISODE. Like, hahaha that sooo funny! It makes me sick, literally. Anyway, to top it off. It never got the improvement it needed, and in fact got worst. Also, what is it with the mixed animations? Like, they'll show a celebrity head on a drawn body, what? I also hate how they put so many freaking parodies in one sketch (like someone else said on here..)! Another thing to add, why are they making fun of shows on it's OWN NETWORK. They even made fun of Regular Show, REGULAR SHOW. IT'S OLDER TWIN. No, I'm not one of those sensitive morons who get offended because someone made fun of their favorite shows, I just hate how it makes fun of shows on the same network. Yeah, that's gonna bring success CN.

All and all. I hate this show with a passion now, and I hope that it ends soon. Sorry fans!
  • Anyone have a barf bag?

1.5
    I can't believe this show. If you really think about it, technically we now have two parody shows on the same channel. One is kind of good, and one is... horrible beyond belief. There are a COUPLE of things that are SLIGHTLY decent, but really, it all amounts to a mountain of crap. All of the parodies really suck, and the voice-acting is dead-on, emphasis on "dead" and remove the "on." A parody I have in mind to support my preceding sentence were Naru-210 or whatever. Naruto sounds more like a five-year old on LSD trying to impersonate Speedy the mouse or something. I don't know. All I know is that this show really needs to be taken off the air.

This show has a lot of animation styles, most of which are named here:

Disgusting paper-drawn animation with over-exaggerated creases in the face, puffy lips and somewhat stop-motion graphic style.

Run-of-the mill animation, sort of what you'd expect from a show like, say 3rd-4th season Spongebob.

Horrible clay-mation that makes the characters look like robots.

Animation, but the faces are real human faces, sometimes with the facial features drawn onto it.

The jokes are extremely bland, sometimes too plain and sometimes hardly make sense, as though they were trying to be random but went to far. Plus, they ruin EVERYTHING, from awesome old cartoons, video game characters and internet memes. Every time they put something I listed on the air, it makes me feel like someone's beating up my best friend, making for an even bigger reason this show should get off the air.

And I'm not lying, I only laughed (or more like chuckled under my breath) at ONE joke; the name S'UP (not-as-bad-as-usual parody of UP). However it lost its shock charm after half a second, so that hardly counts.

Overall, I give it a 1.5. I really think that the writers have a broken backspace key so they have to keep whatever they write. (If they do, though, they're probably too stupid to know they can also click and drag through text, right click, and click "Cut.")
  • It wasted its' promise

This show COULD of been done really well.

But instead, it decided to flop over and die.

PLOT: Well basically, it's a Robot Chicken designed for children. There are lots of pop culture references and parody segments.

HUMOR: Grade-A disgusting. The dialogue makes me want to jump off a cliff because of either how annoying it is, or how gross it is.

ANIMATION: There are numerous types of animation, like Robot Chicken, but they primarily use the one where they cut out the faces of celebrities and then draw crude-looking mouths on them. and I hate how choppy and stupid it looks.

Here's something that I just don't understand about MAD: They parody things that teens and young adults primarily like, but they downgrade the humor for 7-year-old boys. Stick to one audience at a time.Plus, they recycle voice-actors constantly to play famous people, yet they make no effort to actually sound like the people that they're playing.

But here's something I do enjoy about MAD (It isn't the show, it's a segment): Spy VS Spy.

That provides the ONLY type of entertainment from watching this bull. So if you have to watch MAD, then skip everything and only watch Spy VS Spy.
  • I seriously don't get what people see in this show.

When MAD premiered, many people loved it. They thought it was hilarious and could save Cartoon Network. I am NOT one of those people.

MAD is basically a sketch-"comedy" show made up of short skits parodying famous celebrities, movies, TV shows, etc. It's like a kid-friendly version of similar shows (SNL, Robot Chicken, MADtv, etc.), except this version sucks.

First: the parodies. I understand that this is a parody show, but do they have to parody a bazillion things in one short? No, but they do anyway. For example: "Avatards", a three-minute sketch parodying Avatar. In three minutes, they parody M&M's, Blue's Clues, Keyboard Cat, The Smurfs, Wii, The Lion King, and Sesame Street. That's 8+ parodies in 3 1/2 minutes. What the heck?! Why can't they pick one topic and stick with it?

Another complaint about the parodies: I've watched two episodes of this crap and it seems that when they make TV spoofs, they never spoof shows that Cartoon Network owns. They only parody Nick/Disney stuff. It's like the shows only purpose is to make fun of CN's competition.

Also, the jokes aren't funny. Half of the jokes are poop- or fart-related, the other half is making the celebs look like morons or the shows/movies look crappy.

Next, the animation. I appreciate how they use multiple forms of animation (unlike Robot Chicken which only uses stop-motion), but it looks stiff and choppy.

Lastly, the acting. The voice actors don't sound like they're trying to do a good job, and in some sketches they talk too fast.

I hate MAD with all my heart. I don't care how many thumb-downs I'll get for saying that. If you are a fan of this show I hope I didn't offend you.
  • Uh, This lasted for the first 2 episodes.

You need Seth Green to help you, poor show looks funny but has corny comedy.
  • I love MAD magazine and its satires and parodies, and while this show may give me a laugh here and there I have to admit this show could have been done better

MAD magazine, one of my all time favorite magazines of all time, is no stranger to TV shows. MAD first had a TV show on Comedy Central that ended in 2009 and that show was really funny. So when I heard that CN was doing a MAD cartoon, I was excited and hyped to see it. So after seeing three episodes of MAD, I was left rather disappointed as to what happened. While the show does do the good old satires and parodies, there seemed to be something off. I wasn't laughing as much and while they did get a few laughs from me, I just wasn't laughing as much. With the exception of the iCarly parody this show did, THAT was funny and the best satire I have seen. The humor in this show stays true to the MAD format of crude humor, but I noticed that the show relies a little too much on toilet humor and I don't really mind it, but when the show uses toilet humor 70% of the time, it ruins it. The Spy vs. Spy segments though were very enjoyable and were the only parts of the show that got plenty of laughs from me. The animation is nice and smooth and the artwork is just like the ones seen in the MAD comics. I was just disappointed overall in this show. It may get a few laughs from me every now and then, but that's only because of the concepts I am familiar with in MAD Magazine and the MADtv show. Other than that, the show is just not that funny, and I do apologize to the fans of this show. I say stick to the MADtv show than this.
  • mad is terrible Cartoon Network show