MAD

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

shengongwu3000

MAD Fan Reviews (71)

5.4
  • I seriously don't get what people see in this show.

When MAD premiered, many people loved it. They thought it was hilarious and could save Cartoon Network. I am NOT one of those people.

MAD is basically a sketch-"comedy" show made up of short skits parodying famous celebrities, movies, TV shows, etc. It's like a kid-friendly version of similar shows (SNL, Robot Chicken, MADtv, etc.), except this version sucks.

First: the parodies. I understand that this is a parody show, but do they have to parody a bazillion things in one short? No, but they do anyway. For example: "Avatards", a three-minute sketch parodying Avatar. In three minutes, they parody M&M's, Blue's Clues, Keyboard Cat, The Smurfs, Wii, The Lion King, and Sesame Street. That's 8+ parodies in 3 1/2 minutes. What the heck?! Why can't they pick one topic and stick with it?

Another complaint about the parodies: I've watched two episodes of this crap and it seems that when they make TV spoofs, they never spoof shows that Cartoon Network owns. They only parody Nick/Disney stuff. It's like the shows only purpose is to make fun of CN's competition.

Also, the jokes aren't funny. Half of the jokes are poop- or fart-related, the other half is making the celebs look like morons or the shows/movies look crappy.

Next, the animation. I appreciate how they use multiple forms of animation (unlike Robot Chicken which only uses stop-motion), but it looks stiff and choppy.

Lastly, the acting. The voice actors don't sound like they're trying to do a good job, and in some sketches they talk too fast.

I hate MAD with all my heart. I don't care how many thumb-downs I'll get for saying that. If you are a fan of this show I hope I didn't offend you.
  • It's okay, but has some problems with references to crappy media as good and good media as "crap"

The show is basically like a more cleaned-up version of Robot Chicken with random one minute (or so) skits that parody various movies, TV shows, actors, actresses and more. There are some skits are funny and well thought out, but there are also others that are just really stupid. Sometimes they have random insertions of crappy media (like characters or show references from one of Nickelodeon's new crappy "TV Shows"). Other times they either reverse whether or not a media is crappy or not or just present it in a confusing way that doesn't make it clear whether the media is crappy or not (The end of the Glee skit is a good example of this as they combined both crappy and good characters from TV Shows/Movies). Also if you play the intro in slow motion you'll notice evidence of retardation on some of the magazine covers. Heck, by some of the references they use, I'm not even sure if all the people running this show realize that Gay Spongebob and 98% of Nickelodeon sucks... If they were to fix those small problems then this show would be awesome.
  • Well MAD isn't the worst thing we've seen from Cartoon Network, but it certainly isn't the best.

MAD is an animated sketch comedy series produced by Warner Brothers and distributed and shown on Cartoon Network.

Now your experience of MAD may change depending on the episode you watch. The show has 2 main sketches and several minor sketches. The main sketches: Some of can be a guilty's pleasure at times or they can be just plain cheesy. MAD can sometimes have good minor sketches like Spy Vs. Spy but you can also get ones with a lot of potty humor. An example would be a guy popping a pimple and a load of puss would come out. Fart jokes, etc. They're occasional, yet they can be are really annoying. There is also celebrity humor some people may like it some people may not, but I don't like MAD's tendency to use the same humor about the same celebrities. I know one time they used the same joke about Lady Gaga wearing funny clothes. I don't know if they'd done done this more times. Another thing is the spoof ideas.. Sure there are some a really liked, but some just look like the writers had a bunch of cards and chose two things to put together. They just made a word pun for the title and continued on and combined the two movies/shows/books and kept adding references similar to the subject. I know they could have done better at certain points introducing and executing the humor rather than going overboard.

MAD can be fun to watch at times but other times it seems like they keep shoveling out spoof ideas without a sense of wittiness or cleverness. The show can also be a little less obnoxious. The writers may need to get a bit more organized and be able to separate the good ideas from the bad ideas. 6/10
  • I love MAD magazine and its satires and parodies, and while this show may give me a laugh here and there I have to admit this show could have been done better

MAD magazine, one of my all time favorite magazines of all time, is no stranger to TV shows. MAD first had a TV show on Comedy Central that ended in 2009 and that show was really funny. So when I heard that CN was doing a MAD cartoon, I was excited and hyped to see it. So after seeing three episodes of MAD, I was left rather disappointed as to what happened. While the show does do the good old satires and parodies, there seemed to be something off. I wasn't laughing as much and while they did get a few laughs from me, I just wasn't laughing as much. With the exception of the iCarly parody this show did, THAT was funny and the best satire I have seen. The humor in this show stays true to the MAD format of crude humor, but I noticed that the show relies a little too much on toilet humor and I don't really mind it, but when the show uses toilet humor 70% of the time, it ruins it. The Spy vs. Spy segments though were very enjoyable and were the only parts of the show that got plenty of laughs from me. The animation is nice and smooth and the artwork is just like the ones seen in the MAD comics. I was just disappointed overall in this show. It may get a few laughs from me every now and then, but that's only because of the concepts I am familiar with in MAD Magazine and the MADtv show. Other than that, the show is just not that funny, and I do apologize to the fans of this show. I say stick to the MADtv show than this.
  • It wasted its' promise

This show COULD of been done really well.

But instead, it decided to flop over and die.

PLOT: Well basically, it's a Robot Chicken designed for children. There are lots of pop culture references and parody segments.

HUMOR: Grade-A disgusting. The dialogue makes me want to jump off a cliff because of either how annoying it is, or how gross it is.

ANIMATION: There are numerous types of animation, like Robot Chicken, but they primarily use the one where they cut out the faces of celebrities and then draw crude-looking mouths on them. and I hate how choppy and stupid it looks.

Here's something that I just don't understand about MAD: They parody things that teens and young adults primarily like, but they downgrade the humor for 7-year-old boys. Stick to one audience at a time.Plus, they recycle voice-actors constantly to play famous people, yet they make no effort to actually sound like the people that they're playing.

But here's something I do enjoy about MAD (It isn't the show, it's a segment): Spy VS Spy.

That provides the ONLY type of entertainment from watching this bull. So if you have to watch MAD, then skip everything and only watch Spy VS Spy.
  • Terribly unfunny

A show about Mad? Oh sweet, I remember reading this and watching MadTv... oh wait a minute, this version sucks badly! The parodies are really stupid, the animation is truly repulsive, and it's just not funny. I think I laughed once at the true stupidity of it all, but not at the actual parodies or jokes. Some of them are so bad that I feel like the creators haven't even watched whatever their paroding, as it can be SO OFF and SO BAD, I just question it. If you want to watch a good show on CN, watch Regular Show, not this. 0/10 F-
  • Here's how this show is written

In the writer's room:
    Guy 1: Alright guys. what puns you got for me today?
    Guy 2: How about Ay Carly?
    Guy 1: Perfect! Write a sketch about it!
    Guy 3: Ok. Um, "Hulked" on Phonics?
    Guy 1: Type it up!
    Guy 4: Those puns don't even make sense.
    Guy 1: Johnson! We talked about this. As long as it appropriate for kids It doesn't matter. Kids are idiots, they'll eat it up.
    Guy 4: I hate this show.
    Guy 1: We all do Johnson. We all do...
  • MAD isn't the worst thing I've seen on Cartoon Network these days, the worst is Incredible Crew

5.5
    This show is not bad, but it's not great either. the animations are too creepy for my liking, and like most critics are saying about this show, this is pretty much Robot Chicken for kids. Robot Chicken is funny as hell, but I don't really care for this show. They could have done better with MAD. But I will admit, it's better than Incredible Crew.
  • This show is just so bad that it's not even funny in the slightest.

Ok guys, lets make a show where we make fun of everything and show it to CN and get t televised, am i right?

Somebodys been smoking crack.

Seriously now, Mad is right now in my opinion to be considered the WORST show ever right now to be published in Cartoon Network, almost as bad as, "Out of Jimmys head" and i'm not kidding. It's so bad that it makes me feel even more deficient in the head. So what we have here is a 10 minute sketch comedy program that derides over modern pop culture such as Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and so on. Dosen't really sound all that crummy at first for a show but let me tell you, it's TERRIBLE! First off the show introduces us with mediocre and unfunny humor. To have a good comedic show you got to have humor, but this show dosen't have that. But what does this show do that grab the audiences attention? They collaberate as much celebritys as they can and do the most stupid parodys as possible. We got this stupid Terminator parody with Wall-e, we have stupid Scott Pilgrim and Disney collaberation and we even have this stupid Wheres Waldo parody where you have to locate Lady Gaga through a large crowd of civilians. This is crap. It's really hard to explain how FAIL the gags are in this show in text, you have to experience the show yourself.

The animation and everything is all poorly down. Most of the time the entire show is made with poorly drawn bodys with pasted celebrity photographs. Yup, they were that cheap. This show sucks..
  • Are you MAD that you wasted your time watching this? Cause I know I am.

4.5
    Seriously, when I first watched the previews for this, it looked terrible. So when I first watched this show it was a tad better than I expected, but it was still pretty terrible. So basically, MAD is about parodies of other shows, video games, brands, etc. So the plot does seem decent enough, but I still have many problems with this show. The first problem I encountered was the double-crossing parodies. I don't mind it at all, but when there are three or parodies into one single parody clip, then that's when I get annoyed. Another problem I have is the artwork. God, how hideous it is. It's just a bunch of crummy bodies with human heads. The animation is just as terrible, for comes off as horrific and choppy. The lip syncs are off as well, and the voices are very poor compared to most shows CN currently airs. Now lets talk about the humor itself. Some parodies are good, but most of them come off as weak and rather terrible. The Spy vs. Spy bits though were very good, enjoyable, and laughable. So basically, the humor comes off as very poor. I haven't read the MAD magazines or watched the MADtv, though people have said they were better. So overall, while there are some good parodies, MAD is a very poor show that only adds to CN's poor reputation. Due to the fact that show suffers from terrible animation and artwork, poor parodies, and weak humor, this show is best left to the die-hard MAD fans.

Presentation 5/10 Plot is decent, but the parodies are very weak when they come to storylines.

Animation: 2/10 Artwork is ugly and beyond hideous, and the animation is very choppy and bad as well.

Voice: 3/10 Lip Syncs are off cue, and many of the voices used are very poor and lifeless.

Entertainment: 5/10 Some parodies are good, and the Spy vs. Spy bits are enjoyable but most parodies fail when it comes to humor.

Lasting Appeal: 3/10 The plot may attract some people out there, but the fact that it's overshadowed by messy animation and poor parodies, you will have a hard time watching MAD.

FINAL SCORE: 4.5/10 Letdown
  • It was Mediocre at first, but now it's just appalling.

1.5
    The be honest with you, I liked it at first, it needed improvement, but it still got a few giggles out of me. I especially liked the Jersey Shore parody. By the time it was season 2, I gave up on this show. Before it had a few gross jokes here and there (I always HATED how it did that) but it would still have pretty funny jokes. Now it seems to think that it was the crude jokes that gave it success to begin with. Wrong. That was the worst part. I find it especially annoying how the random characters seem to throw up in EVERY DAM EPISODE. Like, hahaha that sooo funny! It makes me sick, literally. Anyway, to top it off. It never got the improvement it needed, and in fact got worst. Also, what is it with the mixed animations? Like, they'll show a celebrity head on a drawn body, what? I also hate how they put so many freaking parodies in one sketch (like someone else said on here..)! Another thing to add, why are they making fun of shows on it's OWN NETWORK. They even made fun of Regular Show, REGULAR SHOW. IT'S OLDER TWIN. No, I'm not one of those sensitive morons who get offended because someone made fun of their favorite shows, I just hate how it makes fun of shows on the same network. Yeah, that's gonna bring success CN.

All and all. I hate this show with a passion now, and I hope that it ends soon. Sorry fans!
  • Waste of good space for CN.

This show is disgusting, immature, and lame. It is constantly parodying shows and introducing like a celeb every five seconds kind of crap. It's trying to be too satirical, but it's showing satire can be immature as funk.

I hate how they try to advertise their own shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show, etc. and then dumb it down. Example of a mad skit: Someone is listening to some music and says, "Yuck! This music sounds too much like a boy!" and then a random celebrity, let's say, Justin Bieber comes in and says "Hi! Do you want your music to sound like a dumb girl? Then try the BIEBERPHONES!" Yaaaay! How many times have we heard people say "Justin Bieber sounds like a girl"? Like a bajillion times.

It's stupid, inappropriate for children, and should be taken off the air. Thumbs this review up if you agree.

• Hate this show with every fiber of my being.

Let me start off by saying that this has got to be one of the worst shows ever aired on CN.

The puns are lame, the humor is lame, and it's just overall unfunny. I feel like I'm losing brain cells when I watch it. I've given it alot of chances, and with every chance my hopes are crushed. It tries SO hard to be funny, that it's annoying. It's completely un-origional, and I personally think that the audience it's aiming for are probably drooling two year olds.

"Okay, so the guy starts using a can-opener, and then his wife comes in and tells him that he's using a can opener on a SANDWHICH! HAHAHAHAHA HOW CREATIVE!!!!1111!!1!one111!"

They make references to celebrities CONSTANTLY. That gets old, I hear a, "Justin Beiber is a girl." crack online almost every day. I'm pretty shocked that they havn't done a rebecca black parody yet.

If they did, I'm pretty sure that it would be about Rebecca black singing 'friday' nasally in her car, then realizing her car is actually a transformer, who converses with her about her bad singing, rebecca becomes terrified and crashes into a tree, the tree then comes to life, and makes a 'wizard of oz' pun. End parody. (this is what all mad sketches are like)

Also, I hate how CN advertizes it's own shows with it by trying (I use the term 'trying' losely.) to parody it in some un-funny mannor. It's like they're trying to get more publicity through it, which I can't stand.

They try to be like Robot Chicken, but fail miserably. It has great potential, but the writes wouldn't understand humor if it smacked them in the face. This show is blasphemy, and once everyone sees how awful of a show it is, and it gets canceled, may it be buried deep into the ground,and never be allowed to surface the earth again. Amen.

No offense to immature preteen fans or anything, and I don't care how many thumbs down I get, this show deserves to burn in cartoon hell.

• Shockingly unfunny.

I'm sorry that I have to have an unpopular point of view for this show, but I have never been so disappointed at Cartoon Network in my life. When I saw the promo for this show, I, like everyone else, saw potential for this show. However, when I saw the first episode, I was surprised at how childish and humorless the show was. I geuss some stuff is funnier in magazine form, because this was just plain unfunny. I will however, give credit to the Spy vs. Spy segments, which are in my opinion, the only good scetches in the intire show. Infact, I think they should have just made a show focusing mainly on the Spy vs. Spy segments. Still, the show doesn't hold up at all and fails to impress.
  • it sucks.

Face it. The only short I did like other than Spy VS Spy is the Umpire Diaries short and the Batman one with the alarm clock Batwave. Other than that, they're cheap and disgusting ways to rip off of MAD Magazine, which in itself is steadily declining. The humor in it is topical and disgusting to look at, especially on an empty stomach. Most of them make you sick to your stomach, and some are just plain lame, copying off of SNL, which you, the viewer are probably thinking of watching right now instead of this crappy piece of dog doo. I understand that this is a parody show, but do they have to parody a bazillion things in one short? No, but they do anyway. For example: "Avatards", a three-minute sketch parodying Avatar. In three minutes, they parody M&M's, Blue's Clues, Keyboard Cat, The Smurfs, Wii, The Lion King, and Sesame Street. That's 8+ parodies in 3 1/2 minutes. What the heck?! Why can't they pick one topic and stick with it?
  • MAD? No. BAD!

And in this next installment of the rapid decline of Cartoonetwork cartoons, we have MAD; a cartoon spin-off of the popular MAD magazine and MADtv."A spin-off of two things that were really popular? What could go wrong?" Everything. First of all, it tries to be like the Adult-Swim series Robot Chicken, and it fails miserably. The humor is so stale and dry you could start a bonfire with it and, aside from the videogame references, it has parodies and other references that most kids watching it wouldn't get. For example, the segment "Malcom in the Middle Earth" was [as the name implies] a parody of the old FOX show, Malcom in the Middle, coupled along with other character parodies from movies like "The Chronicles of Narnia" and "Lord of the Rings". Malcom in the Middle ended before i was even in middle school and I'm in my later years of high school now. I highly doubt any kid would get the in-jokes and references the show has. As for those of you who say the show does have some parodies kids will understand, I have just this to say to you: The show will need more than just videogame, batman, and iCarly references to survive. Then again, this is the new CN; any crappy show can survive there now. Cartoonetwork has lowered its standards in quality cartoons and I'm disappointed to see how badly Cartoonetwork has hit the bottom. Oh, and one more thing before I go; Professional cartoons should either be a half-hour long, or two consecutive 15 segments. Enough of this 15 minute-long laziness.
  • Absolutely great. No word to explain it but this show is awesome.

I'm going to break it down it into segments and review them.

Avaturds: I really like avatar so I wasn't sure I wanted them making fun of it, but it was really funny and the animation was weird but awesome. Favorite part was when it had the smurf. Ha!

Bieber bowl: This was probably the best part of the show. Just keep spinning

Spy vs. Spy: Just as funny as in the magazine, really funny

Rejected transformers: How do they come up with this kind of stuff!

Celebrity birthdays: This was the only thing i didn't really like, just wasn't that funny.

Where's Lady Gaga: I love it when the make fun of celebrities.

CSicarly: Just one word AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Good but not great

Good but not great. Based upon Mad magazine, each episode is a collection of short animated parodies of television shows, movies, games, celebrities and other media using various types of animation. The series premiered on September 6th, 2010. MAD is a Cartoon Network American animated sketch comedy series created by Kevin Shinick & Mark Marek. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, it can be considered a successor to the cancelled FOX series MADtv (though MAD is more faithful to the source material than MADtv was, MAD is animated while MADtv had live-action and animation, and MAD, despite its TV-PG rating on Cartoon Network, is aimed more at children than MADtv, which was rated TV-14 and was aimed at teenagers and adults to serve as a rival to NBC's Saturday Night Live).
  • When it's good it's hilarious when it's bad it's dreadfull

I have only watched a few episodes and started watching it today. Some of it I found really funny an some of it I just turned off. It reminds me of Robot Chicken but Robot Chicken is alot better. I think the animation is good for some gags and terrible for others, the voice actors are a bit bad but I guess there ment to take the mickey outta the shows. Overall I think the show is good in some ways and bad in others it is not my favourite show but I will watch it every now and then!

• It Has It's Chuckle Every Now And Then

this show isn't all that bad. When i first watched this show i thought it was going to be amazing! but then i found out it was more along the lines of average and a bit mind- numbing. you can definitely get a good laugh out of this show (the title says it all) but a lot of the time, jokes seem to fall a bit short. honestly, i think the best part of Mad is their opening skits which are usually movie-in-minute parodies. a lot of the time they just nail those, but sometimes it's just eh. i've definitely laughed at some skits consistently like the Captain America ripoff. but the skits that most bug me about this show are the advertisements. now when i hear that there's a show with advertising skits, i'll immediately go out of my way to watch it because it is really easy to make a great advertisement parody. but these ones on mad fall really, really flat and dull. some are alright... i guess. overall, this show is really 50% 50% with my liking of the skits, but just the whole style of the show beats the (painfully average style, meaning not always too over the top like fricken Sanjay and Craig)
  • I tuned in to Cartoon Network for the first time in ages. Boy, have cartoons gone down hill!

3.5
    I give Chowder credit for being a cute, likable though slightly annoying kid show. Adventure Time has the sort of corny, lame humor that draws youngins in.

I didn't know what I was watching at first. Tigger from the beloved Winnie the Pooh series attacked a man, and then the man's son vowed to find him. It ended with Tigger dead, made into a fur rug.

I was mortified. Roadkill was funny, but not childhood idols dead.

And who is the audience? I can't really figure it out. Is it the 90s kids, who grew up with the technology, cartoons and celebrities that I did? I don't think they'd like it very much. It's like a toned down version of Robot Chicken, with the endless satire skits, crude humor and violence.

I wouldn't want to go near the magezine this show is based off of...
  • A wast of time and space on my TV

the only thing i watch on that show is the 10 seconds of Spy vs Spy

other than that its nothing but celebrities throwing up of being mocked Cartoons r suppose to make you laugh, not sick, annoyed, or want to insert knives into your ears and eyes.

If MAD made a show purely of Spy vs Spy i would actually watch it

but since it isn't, I would rather bite down on a cactus

AWFUL
  • MAD Magazine Has Gone Television!!

Like any other sketch comedy series such as MADtv, Robot Chicken, All That, In Living Color and Saturday Night Live, "MAD" brings out some of the most hilarious segments based on anything the writers see in the media. Whatever we see on television, in magazines, move theaters, and in public will appear in MAD. Justin Bieber seems to be the most frequent target for this animated sketch comedy show, and I don't really like that guy from Canada to be honest with you. I actually praise this series for being produced by Warner Bros. Animation. At least it isn't another one of those mega-lame animated Disney shows. I just hope that as long as there is so many different TV series, movies, sitcoms, novels, celebrities, and whatnot around, MAD will probably have more than 100 episodes. Watching this new animated sketch comedy series makes me miss MADtv ever since it started in October 14, 1995 and ended in May 16, 2009.
  • Started Great, Ending Horribly

4.5
    Seeing that Adventure Time was successful, I looked forward to a parody sketch show like MAD. When it premiered, I enjoyed it. It was funny, creative, and knew how to talk up to its viewers by using suggestive dialogue. However, after the first season, the quality of the content has started to decrease. I don't know if it is because of executive meddling or just that the writers are having trouble thinking of new skits. Currently, I barely watch the show. The last time I watched it, "The Most Beautiful Voice", really made me sick of the show now. Some of the problems include too much derisive self-referential humor that it is repetitive and unfunny and too much focus on celebrities rather than the plot (or mock plot) of the skit. If I do watch this show again, it will be for Spy vs. Spy, which has also seen better days. Seeing as this could be its final season (since Cartoon Network has been cancelling WB Animation comedies after 52 half-hour episodes), I wish this show would get better. All-in-all, I probably will not be watching it anytime soon.
  • A odd yet even show

....the humor is a hit or miss some I adore like Thunder Cats lol or Cowboys versus Alien, Force, Versus Silly bands versus Enquirerains. But most I hate and wouldn't watch it, They butches the shows I came to know and love and there Celebrities are very very very, very very Annoying did I forget to mention the Celebrities were very annoying? Yeah I do? OK just so we get the picture. This show is like a big fat nasty cut away gag..

They did have awesome quotes like, Ever Trolling
  • Uh, This lasted for the first 2 episodes.

You need Seth Green to help you, poor show looks funny but has corny comedy.
  • i hate mad

hi mad,

i hate you
  • dumb poor show

i don't get oh this show gets to make fun of other movies/shows well yeah the company that owns the show does which is cartoon network to tell the truth this show is a copy of robot chicken the only different is that robot chicken has bad words as (parents would say) and doesn't really make fun of shows/movies alot like MAD and at it's funny any way back to MAD why can't this so called showed make fun it self oh man that would great or at least cancel it

• Waste of a show, absolutely ridiculous

As soon as I laid eyes on this show, it made me want to blow my brains out. This show is ridiculous. The animation is gross to look at, which is usually celebrity faces with poorly drawn eyes or mouths. The animation is not only half-assed as well, but sometimes it's just awkward with a 3d character added in which just doesn't fit. The humor is stupid, with a pop reference shoved in the crevasse; even if it doesn't deserve a spot in whatever it is, a sketch, skit or segment, it's shoved in anyways. If it comes to the point where it could fit in, then usually it does, but then it gets ruined by it's execution. This show deserves to be forgotten and lost in time. The voice acting is horrid, the animation is horrid, and the humor is a humiliation unless you're 7.
  • this show is terrible

No joke this show is soooo bad. It relies on pop culture references to seem like it is funny such as making fun of twilight, justin bieber, and etc. Seriously if you're gonna make fun of something that has already been made fun of a million times. They probably look up jokes about a pop culture reference from the internet and put it on the show because the writers themselves are just terrible. Most of the kids watching this show probably don't even understand most of the references. The kids are just gonna use the references in coversation and not even understand what it means. The references are just plain rude and sometimes just don't even make sense or just really explains the obvious reasons or facts about the person which iI guess are trying to made into comedy. They try to hard to make this show "hip" with people my age. People my age don't even find this funny. They also combine two things that don't even relate to each other in the slightest way and try so hard. Seriously this show is not even remotely funny, it's about as exciting as a wet pickle. This show was made for kids who have no sense of humor and still make fun of Justin Bieber and other things that girls like. So immature... I wish I can say more about this show but my utter hate for this show can't even be expressed in this review.
< 1 2 3