Made in Jersey Forums

CBS (ended 2012)

Fail

thatmonkey

[1]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 10

Great casting, but poor premise, accents and hair. Completely unwatchable. Was this supposed tobe Jersey Shore meets The Good Wife. HORRIBLE!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Oct 4, 2012
    • level: 22
    I do not like to compare shows because each have its individual charm or lack of and they should be judged by their own merits,
    This one first installment was pretty good and showed a lot of potential. I hope it continue on an upward curve ,in these trying times we need more shows like these (or like Fairly legal) and less heavy drama.

Dec1964

[3]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 35

Well my show just got axed by CBS, Oh Well...

haldrey

[4]Oct 11, 2012
    Yikes, Made in Jersey got axed and Go On and The New Normal got the go ahead, incredible.

Dec1964

[5]Oct 11, 2012

haldrey wrote:
    Yikes, Made in Jersey got axed and Go On and The New Normal got the go ahead, incredible.

After 2 episode's I've never known CBS to do that..

Edited on 10/11/2012 2:06pm

thatmonkey

[6]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 10

Well, it was my pick for the 1st to be axed and it appears I was correct. Let's face it, most shows get cut and shows that we really hate tend to stay on. This was pretty much am east cost version of USA Fairly Legal with a Jersey Shore twist, bad formula!

I will agree that CBS is not so quick to pull a plug, but despite your love for this show it really showed little potential, enough so that I couldn't even imagine it on the CW line up.

There are way too many talented writers out there for this type of poor entertainment to be on TV. Kudos to CBS for Elementary & POI. They better wrap up 2 Broke Girls soon and the shows is starting to swirl at the bottom of the bowl.

JigShaun

[7]Oct 17, 2012
    • level: 6

I don't care what the criticisms of Made in Jersey are. I liked the first two episodes, but that's neither here nor there. The fact that a network can nuke a show after only TWO EPISODES is just not right! I've said it before and I'll say it again, MASH, CHEERS, even ER didn't do all that well their debut season, and yet they went on to be beloved shows still enjoyed in syndication today. How do we know that Made in Jersey wouldn't become a classic TV show? We have to give these things at least a few episodes to develop both a following, and a direction. The top new shows this year, Last Resort, Revolution, etc. If nobody tuned in for the first episode, they would already be gone, not basking in the light of critical and audience acclaim. I know CBS isn't hurting for ratings this year, but seriously, they would rather show a RE-RUN of Hawaii Five-0 instead of trying to develop a show they've already invested millions of dollars and a couple of years of development on? I'm certain they have at least a couple more episodes in the can. Now they'll just broadcast them during the World Series or something just to burn them off. I can't be the only person who thinks this is stupid and short-sighted?

Dec1964

[8]Oct 18, 2012

JigShaun wrote:

I don't care what the criticisms of Made in Jersey are. I liked the first two episodes, but that's neither here nor there. The fact that a network can nuke a show after only TWO EPISODES is just not right! I've said it before and I'll say it again, MASH, CHEERS, even ER didn't do all that well their debut season, and yet they went on to be beloved shows still enjoyed in syndication today. How do we know that Made in Jersey wouldn't become a classic TV show? We have to give these things at least a few episodes to develop both a following, and a direction. The top new shows this year, Last Resort, Revolution, etc. If nobody tuned in for the first episode, they would already be gone, not basking in the light of critical and audience acclaim. I know CBS isn't hurting for ratings this year, but seriously, they would rather show a RE-RUN of Hawaii Five-0 instead of trying to develop a show they've already invested millions of dollars and a couple of years of development on? I'm certain they have at least a couple more episodes in the can. Now they'll just broadcast them during the World Series or something just to burn them off. I can't be the only person who thinks this is stupid and short-sighted?

Dropping the show after 2 episode's is something The CW Network

would do. I'm still a member of The CW Network i know how they work.

I love what you wrote.

Dec1964

[9]Nov 16, 2012

I Just heard that CBS is going to show a few more episode's of "Made In Jersey"

Dec1964

[10]Nov 25, 2012

So glad to have "Made In Jersey" back on TV,

i'll watch the last remaining episode's.

haldrey

[11]Nov 27, 2012
    Welcome back even if it is only for the remaining taped episodes but I will not thank CBS for that, hey they cancelled the show.

Dec1964

[12]Dec 2, 2012

Yes i know & it is a shame, but i'll take what i can get.

Yeah that does sounds desperate.

Edited on 12/02/2012 12:46am

haldrey

[13]Dec 31, 2012
    After watching the 'full' 8 episodes I have to say that the show did not failed, it was made to fail by pulling it out after two episodes.