MADtv

Episode #1401

Aired Saturday 11:00 PM Sep 13, 2008 on FOX

• "MadTv" starts the 14th season off right: with lots and Lots of comedy! :idea:

"MadTv" has definantly gotten their game back now! There was a short period of time when it looked like they would sink down to "S.N.L.'s" level (also known as Season 13,) but "MadTv" has proven that their ability to re-invent themselves is endless, unlike "S.N.L!" :lol: Seriously though, the sketches for the premier episode of Season 14 are top notch! Who would've guessed that Bobby Lee could play a convincing John McCain? Or that Johnny Gan has been married at least five times?! Of course, there are other surprises other than those! Coach Hines has Always had that mustache, Barrack and Michele Obama are Great hip-hop dancers, Cindy McCain is Completely clueless, the H.N.L. guy is surprised that the former husky kid from "Stand By Me," Jerry O'Connell, could now be married to Rebecca Romijin and "The Hills Girls" are surprised to find out how tough it is to find another new girl for their Not so real "Reality" show. Season 14 of "MadTv" is definantly going to be one of those great seasons! I just know it! :idea: Enough said, true believers! ;)
  • Obama and McCain Introduction/ The Johnny Gan Show/ The Hills Parody/ Eugene HNL Struthers/ So You Think You Can Dance Parody/ Music Video: "Viva La Cheata"/ Coach Hines Arden Myrin on carpet/ Outtakes

This was a great way to start off season 14 of MAdtv. The beginning of the show was great. Keegan-Michael Keys does the greatest Obama impressions. He was really funny. Bobby Lee actually looks a lot like John McCain but he doesn't sound like John McCain he only acts like him. The Johnny Gan Show actually wasn't too bad. Usually I don't think it's funny but it had some good funny parts. The Hills Parody is so funny. Escpecially with them trying to find new roommates. Crista Flanagan did a reallt good Mary Murphy impression in the So You Think You Can Dance Parody. The Music Video was hilarious. It was good to see Coach Hines again. He is really funny. Arden Myrin drunk and on the carpet is funny as usual. The outtakes were funny too. I give this episode a 10/10.
  • Jerry O'Connell guests.

7.3
    This was a fairly entertaining MADtv. The opening scene was a good way to get people excited about the upcoming season. Keegan Michael Key was the star of the episode with his Barack Obama impression, as the obsessive delivery man talking to Jerry O'Connell and as the ridiculous teacher. Speaking of Do Not Disturb star the video short with him mocking John Edwards and Coldplay's Viva la Vida was pretty funny as well.

I'm not crazy about Bobby Lee as John McCain but I guess it's the best this cast can do. With the loss of Michael McDonald and Jordan Peele MADtv took a hit this year, but it doesn't look like they lost any footing as they put on an acceptable episode here.
  • Ugh...I just need to give up on MADtv!

I was excited that MADtv was premiering back the same night as SNL, so I thought they would try and do something funny, but boy, was I mistaken! Probably the only funny skit was the Johnny Gan skit, but Bobby Lee as John McCain? That is totally unrealisitc and the Hills girls finding a new roommate? Please and can the writers of MADtv not find anything funnier than the stupid delivery guy that always runs into celebrities? They always do that when they have big named celebrities on and I think it annoys the guest. And lastly, MADtv, please, please, please, get rid of the coach Hines skit. Better yet, just get rid of Keegan Michael Key - he is not funny! Somebody may have to pay me to watch another episode, especially since Michael McDonald has left the show!