MADtv Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Going The Way Of SNL?

ChaseCameron

[1]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    My sister and I have been watching the show for years now and own season 1 on DVD so we are, well, were fans of the show. This season had been horrible. It rarely ever makes me laugh anymore and the spoofs and sketchs are just plain stupid and boring. It's becoming like SNL. The new cast members can't act and the writing is like it's written by 3rd graders. Does anyone else agree?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nk47

[2]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 8
    Yeah I have been saying this for ages. All one can say is... well okay, thats life. Until I become a writer for this show we can expect this crap for quite some time.

Rurry

[3]Dec 10, 2006
    • level: 18
    Season 1 was the worst season of MADtv, IMO

This season has been a huge improvement over the last one....I dont get what the big fuss over it is. It's had a LOT of hilarious stuff. If any season was bad, it was Season 1, Season 7, and Season 11.

And its going to take a LOT for MADtv to get as bad as SNL. As of now, MADtv is the biggest it's EVER been, because people are giving up on SNL and switching to MADtv on Saturday nights, not to mention it's being pimped out on Comedy Central, which is the MTV of this generation (meaning it's the "cool" station).

tijania7

[4]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 11
    ChaseCameron wrote:
    My sister and I have been watching the show for years now and own season 1 on DVD so we are, well, were fans of the show. This season had been horrible. It rarely ever makes me laugh anymore and the spoofs and sketchs are just plain stupid and boring. It's becoming like SNL. The new cast members can't act and the writing is like it's written by 3rd graders. Does anyone else agree?

I agree 100% w/you. you took the words right outta my mouth.
    i acutally look forward to next season, hoping they'll replace the new cast members.

if it weren't for 'stewart' i would never watch. as is... i'm flipping through reruns and other junk while it's on.

this season was a huge disappointment for me

vokilj

[5]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 10
    I feel like the show is getting better and better every year. I've been a huge fan since about season 6 and my favorites are season 8-10. Although there are some sketches I cringe when I watch (Because they are so terrible) most of them are really funny.

xlovedust

[6]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 45
    MADtv is kind of getting old and losing its touch, but I still look forward to next season. I really love Bobby Lee and all the roles he plays but Ike is hardly rememberable.