MADtv Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Is anyone else sick of this?

intotheshadowz

[1]May 13, 2007
    • level: 2

Am I the only one that is sick of having all this liberal democrat skits? I want to watch this show to laugh, not have anti-conservative/pro-liberal "humor" get shoved down my throat. This show was good when it didn't include politics. I am a conservative republican, so it annoys me more than others with conflicting views, but honestly, I don't care what the writers political views are, just don't include it in the show.

Does anyone else feel the same?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rurry

[2]May 13, 2007
    • level: 18
    MADtv barely does sketches like that. Sure you aren't thinking of SNL?

sushi432

[3]May 19, 2007
    • level: 12
    I think there's no escaping politics in American society. I think if you can't handle 3 mintues every two months on MADtv then you should watch. This show has a lot of opinions, political, social, and cultural, and that can be so outrageous and people should understand that. My father is Iranian and whenever they make a crack on Muslims, I take it like a man. Still though, I'd say the majority of MADtv viewers are democrats, or at least open to those opinions. 

Deznaj

[4]May 20, 2007
    • level: 6

Like the other poster says, MADtv doesn't do much political satire. That is more Saturday Night Live's game. Please get your fact straight instead of just starting a rant.

Being a "conservative republican" is actually a joke on itself. People who are against everything new and progressive aren't being realistic. It just shows no common sense, so these smart comedy shows make fun of it. If it wasn't stupid, they couldn't make jokes about it. Live with it.

tijania7

[5]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    Deznaj wrote:

Like the other poster says, MADtv doesn't do much political satire. That is more Saturday Night Live's game. Please get your fact straight instead of just starting a rant.

Being a "conservative republican" is actually a joke on itself. People who are against everything new and progressive aren't being realistic. It just shows no common sense, so these smart comedy shows make fun of it. If it wasn't stupid, they couldn't make jokes about it. Live with it.

wow, nicely put!