MADtv Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Note From Editor

mgreen789

[1]Nov 2, 2005
    • level: 50
    Just to let everyone know, the previous editor of the MadTV guide here at TV.com who was inactive, has now been retired. I will be managing the guide and would encourage submissions from all of you, the MADtv fans, to make the guide as informative as possible.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a PM or post it here.

Thanks,
    mgreen789
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

odino_

[2]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 29
    I contacted snide about retiring the previous one, I am glad it finally happened so we have an active show up to date. Thanks for taking it over!!

mgreen789

[3]Nov 3, 2005
    you're welcome. i promise to keep up to date with the submissions, they should generally looked at in less than a day, I'm here all the time.

A note about season 11, there is a confliction between the fox website and what actually airs, which caused some episodes to be added that haven't aired yet. Episode 1103 and 1104 might currently be mixed up... it will all be fixed eventually, just keep on watching MadTV and keep the guide up to date.

MysterE1

[4]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 3
    Well after all the submissions I entered last night and then being approved. It looks like everything is sorted out correctly now. As far as the numbering of the eps, that was on my mind last night while sending submissions and I brought the topic up again. It was discussed a while back during the 200th ep on planetmadtv.com. I'm reposting the count and explanation below for easier reference.

:
    Originally posted by MysterE

1- 20 (count includes "best of")
    2- 23 (count includes "best of")
    3- 26 (count includes "best of")
    4- 25
    5- 25
    6- 25 (+5 holdovers "don't count")
    7- 25
    8- 25
    = 194

901 = 195
    902 = 196
    903 = 197
    904 = 198
    905 = 199
    906 = 200th (as advertised by MADtv

... Ok, now start at 194 again. add 25 episodes for season 9, add 23 episodes for season 10 and 5 episodes to make 1105 and you actually get 247.
    194 +
    9-25
    10-23
    11-5 (1105 is advrtised as the 250th ep)
    = 247

3 episodes short.

SO NOW HOW IS MADTV COMING UP WITH THE COUNT?

mgreen789

[5]Nov 3, 2005
    you are right, it doesn't make much sense, I've been trying to figure it out since you mentioned it earlier in one of your submissions. The only way to get that, that I could think of would be to also add in the reruns from last season that they showed that last few weeks, but of course they shouldn't count.

If you do find out, be sure to tell everyone, and submit the changes to the guide.

MysterE1

[6]Nov 3, 2005
    Well now we wait for what hopefully will be an "informative" official answer.... http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/madtv/vpost?id=722554&pid=6969405#post6969405

odino_

[7]Nov 4, 2005
    any chance of integrating the holdover episodes into the other seasons? Usually, a holdover episode that airs in another season just becomes part of that season with a note "produced in Sx" and the production code shows that anyway.

Probably a tough job with so much episode switching to do. Good luck :p

mgreen789

[8]Nov 5, 2005
    odino_ wrote:
    any chance of integrating the holdover episodes into the other seasons? Usually, a holdover episode that airs in another season just becomes part of that season with a note "produced in Sx" and the production code shows that anyway.

Probably a tough job with so much episode switching to do. Good luck :p

yeah, that would REALLY be a tough job. Once, or should I say if, the episode renumbering tool is ever brought back by Cooncesean, then I will go through and add them into season 7 when they aired, with a different episode number, but the same production number, (like P#626 would be inserted into season 7 as like the 3rd episode).

jchamberlin

[9]Nov 5, 2005
    • level: 61
    Good luck with the show, Mike. Inheriting a guide from a previous editor can be a pain since each person has his/her own idea of how certain things should be done.

MysterE1

[10]Nov 7, 2005
    MysterE1 wrote:
    Well now we wait for what hopefully will be an "informative" official answer.... http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/madtv/vpost?id=722554&pid=6969405#post6969405

Here's the "official" answer:

MADtv_Informer wrote:
    This is Hollywood -- Math has never been a prerequisite.

JJBurns84_basic

[11]Nov 8, 2005
    • level: 8
    Mgreen, can you make the show funnier? Maybe a little like it used to be. Please anything will help. Oh, btw, you're do a great job as editor. You Da Man.

mgreen789

[12]Nov 8, 2005
    JJBurns84_basic wrote:
    Mgreen, can you make the show funnier? Maybe a little like it used to be. Please anything will help. Oh, btw, you're do a great job as editor. You Da Man.

can I personally make it funnier, well I don't know about that. its not as great as it used to be, but its still a quality show. I'll do my best as editor, I promise that.

mgreen789

[13]Dec 27, 2005
    MADtv fans:

Something that this guide is really missing is the addition of quotes. If you are watching an episode on Comedy Central, a DVD of an old season, or new episodes on FOX, remember you can jot down some good quotes and submit them to the guide - and in turn get CP and have you level increase!

Another thing that I will be working on is adding allusions to different episodes as I watch, as many of the sketchs are parodies of real shows/people. This is another easy way to get points if you are interested.

-Michael

odino_

[14]Jan 5, 2006
    How come that holdover episode is still as "latest episode", very annoying. I thought they fixed that thing ages ago and on most guides it is correct...

mgreen789

[15]May 31, 2006
    mgreen789 wrote:
    MADtv fans:

Something that this guide is really missing is the addition of quotes. If you are watching an episode on Comedy Central, a DVD of an old season, or new episodes on FOX, remember you can jot down some good quotes and submit them to the guide - and in turn get CP and have you level increase!

Another thing that I will be working on is adding allusions to different episodes as I watch, as many of the sketchs are parodies of real shows/people. This is another easy way to get points if you are interested.

-Michael

Again, I would like to reiterate that this guide does need help. There are tons of quotes and allusions that can be added, along with explanations of the different sketches.

Telaphone

[16]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 11
    Something I'd like to see is a lot more stuff relating to the Steven Cragg sketches. Those are always hilarious.

4EverGreen

[17]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 43
    There are currently no editors doing the job on "MADtv" and I have the next highest score besides all the retired people. So am I now the new editor of this show?

johntaylor6961

[18]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    Here's a quote

"This show is terribly unfunny."

And an allusion

"It look-a like-a terribly unfunny show."