FOX (ended 2009)

MADtv Fan Reviews page 2 of 5

• This is a funny show of skits about politics, celebrities, makin fun, issuses of the world,Iraq and other stuff.

I love this show because it is just too too funny. This show makes me laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh until I cry and fall asleep in my bed. The funniest haracter is Stuart played by Micheal MacDonald. My favorite cast member is Nicole Parker. She is the best celebrity I've ever met. I met her at the Northlake Mall in Georgia. I have her number and everything. I'm glad that I watch this show. I want to shout you out Nicole. Best Friends Forever buddy. Hope you call next weekend. If you don't I'll just do domething bad to you.
  • i think the show is perfect in delivering the comedic sketches

i think this an amazing sketch show-the actors and actresses are great in it,they all seem to get on well and compliment each other. the sketches are hilarious and suit many peoples taste and it slags off so much so well. i dont think many other shows can deliver such great up to date sketches with truly great comedic acting!! a true masterpiece that brings a smile to my face
  • Not the best show on late night it could of been funnier.I love comedy show but this one wasn't as funny as I like to be,and a great talented cast of some really funny people but it did not work that well in my case.

It could of been the writing or something else but this was a CRASH and I felt bad that could not get this show really off the the ground.
    The MAD TV show needs a big blast from GOD my guess and never got it,the show abilty just died after a few seasons.
    A show called In Living Color was on of the best comedy show of the 1990's because of a great writing staff and creative team not with this show Mad TV I feel they where trying to hard to be SNL and you can't not at all.
  • A sketch show with talented people.

Basically another sketch show. But this isn't your regular sketch show. It has insanely funny stuff. Oh My Gosh, you have to see this. They make spoofs and parodies of the craziest and popularest things going on in the media or other stuff. My favorite cast members are Bobby Lee, and Michael McDonald. I've seen them when they started off early in the show. You probaly want to know how a young person, like myself could find a show that old, well I have two words for you: Comedy Central. When I get home from school, it is usually on.
  • A good comedy sketch show that makes me laugh a lot.

MADtv has been on for many years now and makes me laugh during every sketch they do on an episode. It may not be as popular or original as SNL, but it is hilarious. The cast members are very good at mimicking other celebrities and create new characters every season. For example, cast member Nicole Randall Johnson portrays Condelezza Rice very well, and cast member Michael McDonald portrays Dr. Phil very well. Sometimes, it can be a little racist, sexual, and naughty, so I really don't watch those parts a lot. They've added some new things to the show, and get some ideas from the headlines.
  • Normally better then SNL!

MAD tv is pretty sweet! I love all the actors expecially that one whose name escapes me at the current moment... Anywho, really funny. Makes me laugh out loud most the times. And is definatly big compition for Saturday Night Live. Every weekend, gotta tune into MADtv! Or else I'll be sad..
  • Like a good wine, gets better with time

Some may say this is a ripoff of Saturday Night Live, but I think this show is even better than SNL. I might not be making a fair comparison because I don't watch SNL that much, but I enjoy MadTV's recurring characters, such as Bobby's Lee Bae Sung character; I never get tired of hearing those awful translations. You can't resist laughing when you hear that catchprase "uh oh hotdog!" Recently I've found a new appreciation for Crista Flanagan. She has a great range of character types on this show, and may become my favorite MadTV actor. I don't know if SNL has these sort of recurring characters, but I really don't care. I'll keep watching MadTV. ;)
  • i love..madtv..its the best, personaly i think it is so funny and awsome. i loved last weeks epesode. it was so funny when they were copying montel. how he was rapping and everything. i love that dude. also the 3 minute cook and how she always gets hurt.

madtv has always been my favorite sketch in prime time.i especialy like keegan, michael key. he is the best but i like all of them. i like every thing in madtv and everyone.i laught in every script and play. i cant wait for every saturdays show. my second favorite is bobby lee.i love the sketches about avaerage asian. it is so funny. i liked when he did the yoga thing.

this is a show that shows fun stuff and acts that are from other movies , shows and much more!!I hope you people like this show and you can watch it in fox at 11pm.. It's already in it's 11th season and they have reasled season 1 on dvd!!
  • MAdtv is a late night sketch comedy show that premiered in 1995. It has remained SNL's main competion. Every episode features a new set of sketches as well as some recurring ones, with amazing original characters and celebrity impressions.

This show is great, it is absolutely hillarious. I have watched some sketches and laughed so hard I cried, generally from Frank Caliendo. It is better than SNL because it is funnier and the sketches are not so long that you are bored with them after 10 minutes. It features some amazing dead on celebrity impressions. The current season is not as funny as previous ones, but it is still must see TV. A cast member of MAdtv has been featured in most of Parody movies i.e. Scary Movie, DAte Movie, Epic Movie. It is a career launching show for many of its cast. If you watch Madtv you will not be disapointed.
  • I remember when this show was what everybody talked about.

It seems to have lost it's edge, it also lost alot of the good comedians that were a huge part of making the show funny. I like it in the mid 90's maybe even in the early 2000's, but it just doesn't seem the same. They are having a slump like SNL is, except I think SNL's slump is worse, because this show still has some funny moments. It's just not up to the days when they did raging rudolph, and Gump Fiction, those were the day. They still do some of the classics, it's just not as it was 10 years ago.
  • This show is wittingly hilarios. It takes serious problems and makes them funny.

From the govener of california and the president , to Paris Hilton and Britany Spears . This show always makes people laugh . It is wittingly hilarious . A classic show thats been on for 12 seasons and each one is as funny as the last . The excellent cast are funny by themselves but when there together they are the best cast in my mind . The best comedy central show I have ever seen . This show explores what people think about stars but dont actually say . Like Britany and k-fed getting married. And much more .
  • Trying to be but not funny.

Trying to be but not funny. I remembered when I actually liked this show but when I watched it, I was a dumb ten year old adult like american. If this is compition for SNL, I laugh. I laugh because the political satire ( or so they say ) is not even considered political. They find a name of a polition, and they come up with some dumb, fake thing to say. I hate Bush to, but I don't think they know what they're even talking about when they talk about politics. I find this a show a waste of time.
  • Awesome, underrated show.

MadTV is awesome! Especially this season. This season has been excellent and a lot of like earlier seasons of MADtv. It has a \"classic MadTV\" feel to it and the cast is well connected. The sketches are well-thought out and its gotten back to its roots. It surpassed SNL years ago (which is now in the dumpster of TV) and even at its low points (such as Seasons 10 and 11) it\'s still a heck of a lot funnier then Saturday Night Dread. Please give this show a try: especially since it\'s current season is one of it\'s most hilarious season in years. Awesome show.
  • You're so crazy!

Every Saturday Noght at 10 PM, I sit back and enjoy another funny installment of MadTV!

The show is irreverent and the actors are very talented.

My favorite cast members are Michael McDonald and Bobby Lee.

Stuart, who is done by Michael Mcdonald, is the best ever! He always gets into trouble and it makes me laugh the way he deals with a problem, and the way he talks just makes me ROTFLOL.

Bobby Lee does an assortment of asian characters, especially my favorite, the Average Asian. The poor guy is targeted by everybody because he is Asian and they all think he could do all those things Asians do! Just plain silly!
  • OMG!!!!! I love this most hilarious show son.

I have seen so many episodes and clips that I wil remember bits and pieces when I am feeling blue. For indstance, if my dog dies I will just remember how hilarious it was when Big Bird died. Also, if my football team loses then I will just remember the clip with John Madden and the popcorn machine. My favorite character is Bobby Lee. I like the parts called the Average Asian. Everyone always expects him to do asian things like origami or ninja invasions. But he is just an average Asian who can\\\'t do any of that and wants to be treated like a normal American, however they get treated. BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Was once one of the best sketch comedy shows...

Seasons 5-9 were IMHO the best seasons of this show. I say this in large part due to the contributions of Mo Collins (my all-time favorite), Michael McDonald, Debra Wilson, Will Sasso and Stephanie Weir. The combination of these comic talents gave rise to some killer re-curring characters, my favorites being Stuart and his mother (whose name escapes me right now), Trina and LORRAINE! Debra Wilson's Bonifa was hysterical! Each comic fed off the other's characters and seemed to try to one-up each other to make their characters more funny and over-the-top than they already were (except Sasso's Kenny Rogers, which blew the first time and everytime after). Prior and subsequent seasons were ok, with overlap of these actors/actresses helping them from being complete busts. Others will clearly argue that Nicole Sullivan and Alex Bornstein should be listed above, but their major characters just never registered with me. I would love to see this show reborn, like SNL has every once in awhile, but I just don't see it happening. :-(
  • This show is so funny.

The crew in madtv are so funny it is the best show ever if you not seen the before it is so funny. I so like this so much because it is comedy. I am giving this show Two Thumbs up. and 10 of 10. Comedy is my favorite thing to watch on movies or tv. Comedy are so fuuny to me. and like watcching action and adventure. i like watching them on Movies and Tv.
  • "You are now watching MadTv!" 8)

With those 5 words, anybody who's anybody knows their in for another nightly showing of 1 of the funniest, smartest, hippest, & most cleverly acted episodes of this TV series that's managed to stay on for 12 glorious seasons, & managed to be funny through each & every 1 of them! (Unlike a certain S. N. L. which hasn't been truly funny ever since Eddie Murphy left it a Trillion years ago!) :roll: Also, most of the "MadTv" castmembers after leaving the show have gone on to more roles which have gotten them even more respect among the acting community! Who can forget such memorable performances like Nicole Sullivan as the Vancome Lady, the woman that everybody loves to hate? Or Alex Borstein as Miss Swan who has about the same amount of sense as 2 dimes & a hay penny? Not to mention the witty banter between some actors who would often co-star in the same sketches together such as Michael McDonald and Mo Collins in the Stuart sketches, or Debra Wilson and Aries Spears on the Reality Check sketches? Political issues aren't left out of this fray though! We've had Will Sasso as Bill Clinton, desparately trying to make it through his term with some sort of sense of genuine reputation, and Frank Caliendo as the person I always affectionetly mention as "You-Know-Who," because if I say his name, I know I'm going to get angry and I'll never stop talking about it! Let's just say the person Frank plays, for the life of him can't make One single sentence or idea come out the way he thinks it's coming out! Not to mention the various movies, TV shows, music videos, or other kinds of things that get parodied on this show! Since S. N. L. is no longer stepping up to the plate in providing good, quality, prime-time comedy, we've got "MadTv" to fill that position! Enough said, true believers! :D
  • Used to be good.

This show was great a few years ago. Now, it is coming to the same fate that SNL has. A few other sketch shows were created that look a little like Mad TV. Luckily, they have failed to meet our standards. Sadly, as they have come and gone, every single passing sketch show has harmed Mad TV. Another thing has to be the new cast members. I can't get used to them. I think the writers are to blame. Less Stuart. More Bobby Lee. Not my favorite idea. Hopefully, Mad Tv will become better or else its final years are coming for it. Please get better!
  • A late night show that features funny parodys.

I have watched this show since I was little but I never REALLY watched it. My brother always watched it and my parents watched it sometimes also. We use to watch it when we would go out late to my cousins and we couldn't go to sleep right away so we watched this. I never really understood hence I was too young to really get anything. I started to watch it really when I went to a family friend's cottage and the kids were watching it while switching between SNL too and I really liked how funny it was and so then on I started to watch it every Saturday I could.
  • I see this show everyday thanks to Comedy central.

I see an episode of this show every day because I watch comedy central. I think Ms. Swan is the funnies thing. Sometimes she even annoys me when I watch it. I think they should add some more people in the show. It kind of gets boring seeing the same people on the show. I am suprised that they have kept this cast for so long. This show will probably be around just as long saturday night live. I think they will keep pretty much the same people for the next couple seasons but I bet Debra Wilson will be the next person to go.
  • lol all over again and again and again and again

I love this show it's really uppredictable. Man this show is better than snl. It even makes blue collar tv look like Seseme Street. There's nothing much to say about madtv is just that this show really did not sucked and it was more funnier thatn the competition. But when u compare this to Chappelle show u have to give it up for Dave. I really like this show it's fun and entertaining to watch. There's no need to say that mad sucks because it doesn't! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • Good show that can be incredibly crappy sometimes.

With MadTv, you don't know if the episode will make you die laughing or make you drop dead of boredome. The entertainment level is not consistent. When the show is funny, it features awesome spoofs and they do a great job of making the cast members look just like the people they are spoofing. One cast member can end up looking just like three celebrities the way they do it. Unfortunately, the show is also plagued by a weak cast member or two every season, as well as repetitive, pointless, and drawn out skits like Astro man, or whoever. Overall, the show is good, but it's off its game way too often.
  • Better when it first began :(

Originally, I think Mad was like the anti SNL. They did sketches that were a lot more original rather than just satire, and the characters were originals. A lot of my favs have left the show, and although the caliber of the skits have gone down in my estimation, it's still an OK show. But, as of late- the writers have been infusing a lot more racial humor, especially around Bobby Lee. Most people just laugh it off and say it's fine, but sometimes that even gets a bit redundant. If you can't make a joke without picking on someone's race, then you're not really funny. Examples of that are Stuart in any sketch with a black person, and pretty much whenever a black cast member is in a skit. Still, a lot of 'em are "crazy as hell-they're pandemonium".
  • More funny than SNL. More outrageous, and lots of reasons to stay up to watch it.

I like MADtv. It's a timeless show and makes fun of those dumb politicians who can't get anything right up in Washington, it makes fun of the dumb pop stars people treat like gods, and it shows how stupid some people can really be. The staff is really talented, but I miss some stuff, like "Real Mo*********** Talking" with Aries Spears and his Shaq moments. Coach Hines by Keagan Michael Key is probably one of my favorite skits, because high school gym coaches are really all psychos. Bobby Lee is a star of the show, the Kim Jong-Il show is classic. The new thing with Ike Barinholtz, "On the Download" is really funny, like Richard Simmons' poodle and the clip with people crying while they eat or Mt. Rushmore eating babies. MADtv gets better and better.
  • Favorite Characters

My favorite charaters from this show are;

Miss Swan played by Alex Borstein
    Stewart played by Michael McDonald
    The Coffee Addict played by Pat Kilbane

A good day starts with a hearty laugh!

The are some of the most talented comedians I've enjoyed from this show. More of my favorite madtv cast members are;

Will Sasso
    Nicole Sullivan
    Bobby Lee
    Josh Meyers
    Aries Spears
    Stephnie Weir
    Debra Wilson

and , well, ok, all of them! I would love to see some of their characters get made into movies. (Boy if I had the money, lol)
    If ya love to laugh, watch Madtv!
  • In the words of Bunny Swan: This look like a hit! You know? (Cant write it properly)

Well I gotta say the first show i saw made me regret wasting one hour of my life on a stupid parody show... Weirdly enough, I was compelled to see the next one! Show after show after show I suddenly was a MADtv addict! This show was so right about so many things I could relate to! I couldn\\\'t beleive it! And the characters are just amazing! Miss Swan is my all time favorite thanks to the outstanding preformance by Alex Bornstein, Nicole Sullivan and Debra Wilson... I started showing it to my friends who went absoluteley nuts over it!
  • Madtv is so hilarious!

Mad TV is the funniest show out on tv right now! Mad TV is very original I think. It is the type of tv show that you would watch with your friends after a day of hard work and overtime hours if you know what I mean. Mad TV is just a tv show that does the funniest things to make people laugh and have fun by just watching the show and eating some potato chips or something. Mad TV is the show that just includes people who are not famous and gets together to laugh together and have fun most importantly.
  • way freakin cool

g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g bg fdb sdf bvds vf n gn hg nhg nh nmgc hn cgn gf ngf n fgn fgn h nh gn hgn cgh n hn hnhg n hnhfn hf nh mhmh nm hm hg mghm hg mhg m hg mgh mhg m gh mgh mhg mhg m hgmn hgmhg m ghm hg mgh kmg hm gh m gch mgh mhmh h h h hhh hh h hhh h h h hhh h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h
1 2 3 4 5