What if 4Kids dubbed Magic Knight Rayearth? (NOT a flame topic)

Matt_Purosky

[1]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 25

I'm just curious on this. Now PLEASE try to be realistic on this. No exaggerating edits like taking the Gum Gum Rap and putting MKR lyrics in it.

- I'm not sure if Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu's names would be changed, b/c this show was co-released with a video game, and 4Kids has been known for keeping terms true to the games. However, they probably would keep Fuu's name for "I pity da Fuu" jokes. XD
    - Music would be replaced, of course, and a new theme song. However, the actual English theme sounds like something 4Kids would do, just to a different tune.
    - They wouldn't be girls from Tokyo, they'd probably just be on a field trip to some tower. Instead of "I wanna go back to Tokyo" they' just say like "I wanna go home".
    - They'd probably cover up Presea's death, maybe just say she's been knocked out and Hikaru leaves her a piece of candy as a thank you for when she regains conciousness. They bring it up later by saying "she risked her life for us".
    - I don't think they'd cover up monster deaths, as 4Kids doesn't seem to have a problem with animals or monsters dying. However, they would say that they have been "destroyed".
    - Blood would be removed, of course. However, in that scene where the twister captured Umi and Fuu b/c of their blood, Hikaru would say that it's attracted to sweat b/c Umi and Fuu were really sweaty after the fight, and Hikaru built up a huge sweat by climbing the gorge.
    - Mokona would keep his Japanese voice, like Pikachu and Kirby.
    - There was too much fanservice in one of Caldina's episodes. All of that would be removed. However, I can see them still giving her a Southern accent, and the Magic Knights talking about it.
    - There might be some dialouge changes, but some of it already sounds 4Kids-esque, especially the "Are we in a video game?" stuff.
    - Shortening of transformation sequences.
    - Kayzie Rogers would do the voice of Ascot.

As I watch, I'll think of more.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Wanderer2004

[2]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 28
    Yecch. Heaven forbid 4Kids for laying a finger on MKR. The current dub is just fine, but I'd rather not find out what said company would've done.

reneelova

[3]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 5

I could see their names all being changes and said badly like they did in 'Cardcaptors.'

They would be like Emerald Princess and Hikaru have a big KA sound i the middle. Also Umi would be changed since it's a little too Japanese.

Wanderer2004

[4]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 28
    I can definitely see 4Kids making those damaging changes.

peachtoast

[6]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 5
    Anything 4Kids has touched has ruined the anime. The current dub is fine, although I still prefer watching it in the original Japanese.
    Edited on 12/08/2007 2:37pm