Magical DoReMi

TELETOON (ended 2008)

TVTome_Shadow

Magical DoReMi Fan Reviews (24)

• this show is the grand champion of all cutest magical girl anime cartoons

this show is about dorie goodwyn who is a clumsy, but a poor student who becomes a witch apprentice with her friends such as reanne griffith and mirabelle haywood. those girls have to pass and complete nine witch exams in the exact order to accomplish their goals. the plot is excellent with great and cutest details of the main cast of the characters themselves. also the graphics look very great, and possibly the magic transformation scenes were awesome.

Toei Animation, bring back the series on both USA and Japanese TV, and i'll be happily to grade your show.

graphics: 10/10.

animation: 10/10.

voice acting: 10/10.

plot: 10/10.

characters: 20/10.

final grade: a++.

• I agree with jj934.

1.1
    I have to agree with jj934. This show is just way too girly for boys. It's too flashy, pointless and just plain stupid. These voices are so irritating that I just wish they would just shut up. I couldn't find anything good at all. Even the things that happen to them are stupid. If I wanted to commit suicide, I would probably watch this show. Another thing that I realized, this show is unoriginal. Quite a few shows have done before. Also, this show just came on and it's being advertised? That's just not having much business sense. Overall this show is for girls and probably gay boys only. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but that's what I think.
  • Um...

1.6
    What the flippin' **** is this? I am saying this because it is not cool at all. Maybe for ittle girls but not for teenage girls not DEFINATELY not for little boys or teenage guys. They can seriously do so much better than this. But, if the little girls love it, then let them have it. Just will never catch me watching it.
  • Magical flop

Japan really needs to stop handing over their animes to 4Kids. They constantly butcher animes and make them terrible, and this one is just another one of those butchered shows. In Magical DoReMi, it centers around 3 friends named Dorie, Reanne, and Mirabelle as they are offered to become witches, but have to go through several tests to become true witches. Idea wise, it sounds good, but where it fails is the unmoving story, awful voices, and lack of variety. The artwork looks great and has some creative sets and characters designs. The animation is also good, but gets repetitive fast. One thing you will quickly notice is how horrendous the voices are. This is a common problem with 4Kids anime dubs and they have yet to understand it. Everyone's voice sounds like a cheese grater scrapping at your ear drums while a javelin is thrown into your ears. You are better off muting the TV and putting on close captions. Another problem is the lack of the main story moving forward. I usually don't mind side plots in a story, but this show relies too much on them and the main story barely moves at all, and it annoys me. There is also a lack of variety to the episodes. Something bad happens, the girls try to fight it, they win, and so on. I didn't see anything new or have variety to this show at all. I also hate how girly everything is in this show. Now I know this is a girl's show, but this is ridiculous. Everything is way too girly and it makes me sick. Look at Sailor Moon, that was girly, but it did have stuff boys could appeal to as well, and no I am not talking about the girls, but the action it had. Honestly, I was glad this show was taken off the air, maybe a GOOD American anime dub network like FUNimation can pick this show up and make it better than this. No offense to the fans, but even if you are a girl, and love magic this is a show you are better off not seeing at all.
  • They played the same episode over and over again...

I would have liked DoReMi, but there were a few glaring issues with it. The English dub kept playing the same first episode over and over again, killing ANY hope for an English fanbase. Two, it had potential, small drips of potential-and they wasted it by killing the dub. Dorie's another Bloom, except smaller and much more irritating-Hazuki's a copy of Musa, and the rest just seem like copies of the Winx Club. Any potential that the show could have had was murdered by one episode being shoved down our throats over and over and over and over and over again and flushed down the toilet until its sudden cancellation.

All in all, it had potential, but it was crushed. I suggest either Mew Mew Power, Tokyo Mew Mew, the original Japanese show, or Sailor Moon.
  • I wish they would bring it back.

it is an awesome show and very adictive it is cute and definaly better than others like dinosaur king.This show is awesome i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i love it?! it is amazing
  • Love this show can't wait for more season 2 episodes

In the first episode of the series, Dorie Goodwyn (Doremi Harukaze in the Japanese version), a third grader, has a crush on Robbie (Igarashi), a sixth grade student on the soccer team). Being both unlucky and clumsy, for which Todd (Tetsuya Kotake), a classmate, likes to tease her, Dorie complains often that she is "the unluckiest pretty girl in the whole world." She dreams of acquiring magic in order to solve her problems. She visits a mysterious old shop, The Rusty Broom (Makihatayama no Maho-do). At the shop, she meets an old woman who looks like a storybook witch, and Doremi instinctively shouts that this woman is a witch. When witches are discovered, they are punished because of the Curse of Majogaeru. Thus, to Dorie's surprise, the old woman transforms into a small green blob (a magic frog). The old woman, Patina (Majorika), now lacks the power to return herself to her normal form, so Dorie must now become a powerful witch herself in order to help return Patina to her human form.

Dorie is granted a Dream Spinner (magical tap), which is used to transform her into her witch costume. The tap is installed in the chest of the clothes after the transformation, and it produces her witch's wand when tapped again. Her training as a witch's apprentice is much more demanding than she had expected, and her wand (a Wandaler in English version and a Poron in Japanese version) requires the use of many spell drops (magic spheres) to use magic.
  • it is an awesome show and very adictive it is cute and definaly better than others like dinosaur king.

• Had potential to be as good as Sailor Moon but it turned out to be another Winx Club...

Ok,this was probably one of 4kids worst dubs made.It's based off a popular Japanese program in Japan called "Ojamajo Doremi".It was eventually dubbed by 4kids and ruined.I have NOT seen the Japanese version,but I have seen the dub and it's terrible.If you're wondering how I found it,I was flipping through channels to watch Saturday Morning cartoons,almost all of them I have already saw so I was bored and wnet for this.Boy did I make the wrong choice.Everyones voice is horrid,the entire storyline looks raped and ruined,plus it's a sign that 4kids will do anything to make money.They go to Japan,take animes out from under the creators,run off with it,head to the slaughter house they call a studio,chop it up,take out everything that made them popular in Japan,and hand them down to the kiddies.This and YuGiOh are such examples.The only reason I;m giving it a two is because there is something about the characters that make me want to hug them.Death to 4kids!
  • Cool show!

This show is one of the greatest ones in my opinion. It's about a girl who finds a witch, who, when Dorie calls her a witch, turns into a green blob. Now Dorie, Reanne, and Mirabelle have to be the witch's apprentice, or whatever the heck you call it. It's great for all ages, girls mostly, because I don't know any boys who watch this show. It's a cute show, anyway!
  • It seems so addictible. Its like you hang on for your life and if you let go, you get death. So basically you watch but when you don\'t watch. It gets canceled. That is what happened with SonicX. I watched it all the time and then stopped.

I don\'t know why these things happen.It does. I don\'t know why. It makes you feel... unusual. I watch this all the time. But it just happened to dissapear, like air evaporateing.It is desturbing. All though, I am ten. I hate alot of things. So its natural for me. Is the world comeing to an end for us. We will just have to see about that, or do people like to torcher us. It all seems so confuseing. Like right now, we have a global warming. Everything is melting. Like all the ice in the north pole.I don\'t know anymore. Bye the way, anyone want to be buddys.
  • I haven't watched it yet.

This show looks so cute. I haven\'t watched it yet but looking at the pictures makes the show look almost like a Sailor Moon, except cuter. Every charectar has like a different look and they all look cute, and their fairies (or whatever those little things are) are sooo cute too. The only thing that confuses me is how come there are so many little witches? First there are a few pictures with 3 witches, then 5 witches, then like 6 or 8. Who are all those little other witches? The only bad thing about this show would probaly be the episode scedule. From what I see the episodes look like they are like weeks apart, and weeks waiting for your favorite show might seem like forever.
  • guess what i have ton of news for starters todd like dorie ... if you thinks thats big oh trust me its going to get bigger

oh and the nurse is queen of the witch kingdom or what ever its call oh and 3 new girls are coming to the show and there going to have a new theme its an all around the world thing with differt music ya its going to get a little kid thing going on so ya its a good show and over all big thing are going to happen
  • A good show that needs new episodes.

A show about four young witchlings on their journey to become full blown witches. Dorie is the one who needs more time to get things right, Reanne is the smart one, Mirabelle is the energetic one, and Katlin is the one who surpasses them even if she's younger and sister to the screw up.

At first I thought that this show was for little kids, but after watching it, I grew to strangely like it. I personally enjoy the songs at the end for some reason I don't know. Im waiting for the new episodes to see how Kaitlin will fare as a witchling and see how much stronger the withlings will become in the future.
  • It's a good show, but NEW EPISODES!!!!!!

Omg cool but needs new episodes i mean come on rerunds
    rerunds rerunds rerunds,but this show better not go off air .I'm not sure if it has high ratings and i mean high ratings or not but i'm sure it does.Hope it stays on air because it's one of the best shows that is on 4Kids TV

Sincerly RellF.
  • THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!

It's a terrific show!I LOVE it! You should ALL watch it!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^__^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^_^ ^_^_^_^_^_^ _^_^_^^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^^_^_^_^_^^_^_^ _^_^_^ ^_^_^__^! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Magical DoReMi
  • Okay, if anyone knows who I am, then yeah, I know it's odd for me to like this show. I never had any interest in it before until I woke up one morning and it was on, I watch it and it was different but interesting.

I actually like a lot of shows (Mainly the Animated ones) for all ages, even preschoolers after seeing what they have to offer to them. The last childrens non-action anime I remember watching and liking was Hamtaro which has been a hugely popular anime with a lot of kids and some others (I think mainly girls but whatever). Mostly these days I would watch mainly just Ninja Turtles and Sonic X and sometimes One Piece on 4Kids.TV and sometimes a few of the shows before it, even girly shows like Winx Club and Bratz (I'm a male just to let you know) and so far after a few of the older shows left from back when it was FoxBox, Sonic X and Ninja Turtles were all I had interest in (though I have lost ALL interest in the dub of Sonic X, I hate it now and only stick to the Japanese version now which is the version of Sonic X I love), then I saw Magical DoReMi.

The first episode of the series I saw was the one where Dorie and Reanne switched places, it was odd at first then it was making me laugh, I like this show for the humor and some of the other things, though being a show for small children (mostly girls) I have seen that this is a popular show in Japan and I think I can see why. So far there are things I like about each of the three girls, Dorie I find to be the funniest and she has something in common with me on food, we both love steak! Reanne seem to be the one who works on her spells the most she thinks things out. Mirabelle is the most energetic of the bunch it seems and seems (except for the energetic part) has more qualities closer to me then the others.

So far, I would recommend this show to a lot of kids (mostly girls) and maybe a few others, I almost feel that if you like Hamtaro, you may also like this show.

However the one thing I don't like about this is that it was dubbed by 4Kids, and I don't like the voice they gave Mirabelle, she sounded like a child in Ojamajo Doremi, but in this :(
  • It's a Great show

In my opinion, this show is great for todays kids. even i watch this. I'm a fan of Anime, if you can get around the girly colors and the fact that the main characters are all girls. Then you may find that this show is actually worth watching on Saturday mornings.
  • this show is ok

this show is ok but i still like mew mew power more amd it werid somtimes but i know im to big for it but still i watch it sometimes man man man man man man im bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored later
  • Cute

"DoReMi" is very cool. The witchlings could be considered a positive role model for young girls. It ceals with problems relevent to everyone; such as divorce, fitting in,and being yourself. I LOVE the music. I am anticipating a CD sometime in the near future. I look forward to this show every week.
  • This was very popular in Japan from 1999-2004, with 5 series and over 200 episodes and movie. In the US, I think will be very popular with the children and become a trendsetter

7.6
    This is a very cute show, and the main reason I watch it is because of the color and the magic. Yes, I admit that the stories are kinda cheesy, and sometimes the voice acting is terrible, and I dont think that the music is the original Japanese music from the show. One good thing is that there is no CG (Computer Graphics) which is a major change for 4kids. Most of their other shows on TV have lots of CG in them. Also this is targeted for younger children, and Mew Mew Power, (aka Tokyo Mew Mew) Bratz, and Winx Club are for preteen and teen girls and have tons of CG in them.

This show will let the childrens imagination sparkle and is fun for the whole family. It is also very funny sometimes and serious.

There are many differences from the Japanese version and the American Version, but I wont get to that.

I hope this show doesnt get cancelled like Mew Mew Power did because 4kids didnt get all the episodes.

There are 50 episodes in this season, so 4kids air em all!!

Thank you ver much for reading my review!!
  • This show is pretty good...

This show is a pretty good show. Personally I think most anime isn't as good when it is dubbed, and I'm sure a lot of you guys agree with that... anyways, this show is sometimes a bit childish (but, hey, it IS a kid's show...) and some parts that are meant to be funny aren't really. But there are also parts that ARE funny, and characters that you can relate to, like Mirabelle for instance. She just moved to the city from a farm and her mom is dead. I think there are, sadly, a lot of people that can relate to that, moving to somewhere completely different than where they grew up, or losing a parent. This show I think also teaches some good morals to kids that watch it, like being a good friend, and doing the right thing. This show is not the best I've ever seen, but I DO think it's a good show worth watching.
  • I must say that I was curious when 4Kids.TV announced that show. So I watched it, and it really didn't appeal to me.

3.1
    I must say that I was curious when 4Kids.TV announced that show. So I watched it, and I really didn't like it.

The basic idea is good, three girls that become witchlings and wish to become witches, but the show doesn't really focus on the story. Something happens, so the girls use their magic to make it all better... The whole cartoon seems like a series of events that happens right before another. A good show needs more content, and needs to be focused on the main story as well.

But the worst must be the voices. They are so irritating. You get to wish that the characters would not talk during the whole episode.

So, I'd say the show is for a young audience, and the kids will probably love the cute universe and characters that the show offers. But for people older than 10 years-old, watching it would be a complete waste of your time.

• Kind of interesting...I guess.

5.5
    Me and my little brother watched this show once.
    He said it was kind of ok and all, but not all
    that. Of, course. But it is original. You got to
    give it that for real. Like the thing about spell
    drops and all. I said I bet there gonna be alot of episodes about getting spell drops.