Magical DoReMi

TELETOON (ended 2008)

TVTome_Shadow

Magical DoReMi Fan Reviews (24)

• Magical flop

Japan really needs to stop handing over their animes to 4Kids. They constantly butcher animes and make them terrible, and this one is just another one of those butchered shows. In Magical DoReMi, it centers around 3 friends named Dorie, Reanne, and Mirabelle as they are offered to become witches, but have to go through several tests to become true witches. Idea wise, it sounds good, but where it fails is the unmoving story, awful voices, and lack of variety. The artwork looks great and has some creative sets and characters designs. The animation is also good, but gets repetitive fast. One thing you will quickly notice is how horrendous the voices are. This is a common problem with 4Kids anime dubs and they have yet to understand it. Everyone's voice sounds like a cheese grater scrapping at your ear drums while a javelin is thrown into your ears. You are better off muting the TV and putting on close captions. Another problem is the lack of the main story moving forward. I usually don't mind side plots in a story, but this show relies too much on them and the main story barely moves at all, and it annoys me. There is also a lack of variety to the episodes. Something bad happens, the girls try to fight it, they win, and so on. I didn't see anything new or have variety to this show at all. I also hate how girly everything is in this show. Now I know this is a girl's show, but this is ridiculous. Everything is way too girly and it makes me sick. Look at Sailor Moon, that was girly, but it did have stuff boys could appeal to as well, and no I am not talking about the girls, but the action it had. Honestly, I was glad this show was taken off the air, maybe a GOOD American anime dub network like FUNimation can pick this show up and make it better than this. No offense to the fans, but even if you are a girl, and love magic this is a show you are better off not seeing at all.