Magnum, P.I. Forums

CBS (ended 1988)

Magnum PI reunion or movie???

magnum28

[1]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 2

I'm sure everyone is just like me and doesn't know the answer to this question, but is there ever going to be a Magnum reunion show? Almost all shows seem to have a reunion of some kind, why not the greatest show of all time? I believe Jon Hillerman who played Higgins, has passed away (someone correct me if I'm wrong), which is a real shame, but Tom Selleck, Larry Manetti and Roger Mosley are all still around. Although I wouldn't call them old, I'm sure they are all in their mid to late 50s maybe even 60. So we may not have that much time left to enjoy these guys together for one last time.

I also had read an interview some years back with Tom Selleck and he had said that he had planned on making a motion picture of Magnum PI and that he had the script written for it and everything but that Universal Pictures would not give up the rights of the show to Selleck. I've also heard that someone was considering making a movie remake of Magnum with George Clooney starring as Magnum. What a joke that would be. Why would I want to see that guy try to do what Tom Selleck did? I just hope that some day I can see Selleck play Magnum one last time. Any thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[2]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 55
    Tom Selleck will be 62 on Jan. 29. John Hillerman is still alive. (A different John Hillerman died in 1996.)

It would be interesting to see a reunion but probably better out of character. (I'm not sure if you meant a reunion as the characters or just the actors being themselves.)
    Edited on 01/19/2007 8:05am

magnum28

[3]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 2
    123, thanks for the reply, its good to here "Higgins" is still alive. As far as a reunion, I guess I mean an actual episode with the actors in character. A sit down show where they discuss the show would be great to, but they kinda already did that, on A&E I believe, a couple of years ago. The cast wasn't together, they were interviewed seperatly.

robinepowell

[4]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 63

Wikipedia has some news on a movie (played by different actors of course) which I think might be out next year.

Tom Selleck has been busy over the past two years.  He's been doing Jesse Stone movies the lastest one scheduled to be on CBS this May.  Info at Wikipedia or IMDB.