Magnum, P.I.

The Treasure of Kalaniopu'u

Aired Unknown Nov 14, 1985 on CBS

• Mad Dash for the Cash

Season 6 might not have been nessarily a strong point in the series but there were some good/great episodes, this is one of them. I would of loved to of given this episode a 10 but the episode is held back by one factor. Mainly some of the time between both Magnum and the Amy Grizwald character, I personally didn't find that interesting, the Amy character is basically rude, self absorbed, slightly nerotic and worst of all boring (all complete turn offs and strikes in my book) good for Magnum having no attraction to her. It's just the time with them didn't add up to much and slowed the momentum of the episode down a bit. I couldn't help but feel some of that time could of been used to see another chalalnge the minor chracters have to go though to find the treasure but oh well, this is a minor flaw that doesn't last long and can be overlooked.

The most interesting aspect of this whole episode is that it's not a Magnum centered episode but one that is centered on the minor characters and it's the only time I've ever seen a lot of the ones we know and love in one episode, as much as seeing the amount of characters in a "King of Fighters" video game. We see, Carol, Tanaka, Dr. Ibold, Kika, as well as T.C. and Rick with the bunch. It's just really funny seeing how all of them pursue and act in their mad dash for the cash, there are just a lot of funny moments from of course seeing some of those images of the new pulp pirate adventure book of Robin Master's, which look really cheesy both as a setting device but also to show how ridiculous the story is.

But the real kicker is in the minor charcaters pursuit, three of the most memorable is one the cave where we see Rick get frighted by a bat or two easily as well as things getting complicated. The moments though that really made me laugh were of course when all of the minor characters were digging and destroying Higgins prize roses flower bed for the money; just seeing that reaction on poor Higgins face made me laugh my head off. Down to the final part which I won't give away, but I'll just say it pays off.