Major Crimes Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on TNTBetween Seasons

How many of us are there using this forum to check out and discuss Major Crimes?

Wondering how many people are using this forum to check out and discuss Major Cr

bmoshier

[1]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 46

As the Topic and poll asks .. How many of us are there using this forum to check out and discuss Major Crimes? You don't need to tell us who you are, but at least let us know you stopped by and your interest level.

Thanks! :-)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sshan39

[2]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 7
    well i havent watched the finale of closer or this first ep yet. but i am looking forward to it. So how did they explain Gabriel not being there? Did i see fritz there in the preview?? Someone said they were glad provenza and flynn stopped the slapstick comedy? um i love those! they are toof ar in between. I just love those guys i hope it continues. Not going to be the same without brend a iirtz and her family but i am sure they will make capt raydor interesting she has already grown on me.

bmoshier

[3]Aug 21, 2012

Ah, well, some of your questions are in the final episode of The Closer. So, spoiler for those who haven't seen the last episode of The Closer.

sshan39 wrote:
    well i havent watched the finale of closer or this first ep yet. but i am looking forward to it. So how did they explain Gabriel not being there? Did i see fritz there in the preview?? Someone said they were glad provenza and flynn stopped the slapstick comedy? um i love those! they are toof ar in between. I just love those guys i hope it continues. Not going to be the same without brend a iirtz and her family but i am sure they will make capt raydor interesting she has already grown on me.

1) Gabriel isn't in Major Crimes, as he went to work as Brenda's interface with the L.A.P.D. She works for the D.A. as his/her Chief of Investigation. FYI: The organization does exist and is the 4th largest law enforcement group in L.A. / L.A. County (or maybe it was in the State of CA, I forget).

2) Yes, Fritz is a regular cast member of "Major Crimes." Brenda and Fritz are still together.

3) As for Provenza and Flynn not doing anymore slapstick, ah, I didn't think they were doing slapstick, which is physical comedy, such as the Three Stooges. Maybe I missed some of this comedy, though. They are -- I suspect -- still going to get into the same compromising and "funny" situations, as they did in The Closer. After all it is in their character . . .

4) Well, as I say Fritz will be around, but Brenda won't be in this series. I'm hoping she'll show up from time to time, though. The Closer ended with her saying she'd see the group around, as her new job is only two blocks (or so) away from their office. There isn't any reason say in the 2nd or 3rd season she couldn't come back for an episode or two. I don't think it would be a good sign for her to show up in season 1, as it might look like the series is having trouble being successful on its own. (UNLESS they planned it before the series started, which I've not heard is going to occur and you'd think TNT would announce her guest appearance early on, if she was to show up this season to prevent people from speculating the series was in trouble).

5) As we've seen in the first episode of Major Crimes, they're already showing us Captain (should be Commander) Raydor's home. We now know she's a Mom of adult children (not sure how many, ages, college, or their jobs or if one of them could be in prison, law enforcement, etc). No word (yet) on a Mr. Raydor (unless Raydor is her maiden name) or if she ever married, so there is still a lot to learn.

Added notes / observations: Rusty is in black slip-on sneakers in episode one, but in the trailers he is wearing converse sneakers by John Varvatos, which are NOT cheap when bought not at a discount / sale. My guess is Raydor will buy these sneakers for him sometime in the future, as part of her being a "Mom" to Rusty. If you read about the upcoming episodes, you'll notice episode three (next week), has his Mom returning. I suspect the writers will write her out of Rusty's life, which won't be hard given she left him at the Zoo and promptly left town. My guess is Rusty needs to confirm she really is a scum bag and then he can move on with his life.

Of course, I haven't sen episode two so maybe Rusty gets his new sneakers in this episode. .... Anyone know (and is willing to let me know) when Rusty gets his Converse sneakers (and which one he is wearing ... e.g. lace up, slip-on, the snake skin version, etc).

sshan39

[4]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 7

Thanks! i finally watched it. It was great! Thats what i meant that was there term slapstick but yeah they are funny. I am glad we will still see fritzy! I hope brenda does a cameo at some point. On closer i wish they would have said what happened with the suspect Stroh..like did he confess did they get him on the murders..

bmoshier

[5]Aug 29, 2012

sshan39 wrote:

On closer i wish they would have said what happened with the suspect Stroh..like did he confess did they get him on the murders..

Ah, guess you missed the Stroh discussion in episode 1 of Major Crimes.

It came up during the discussion between Captain Raydor and Rusty. Stroh is in jail awaiting trial, which is suppose to start in two years (I think the two years is correct). Rusty is a material witness and is in protective juvenile custody (24x7), as he's not a criminal they're not able to lock him up (even though he asked them to lock him up). Children Services approved Captain Raydor to be his foster family given she meets all the criteria. A regular foster family doesn't meet the criteria because of the material witness warrant holding Rusty and ALSO protecting him from Stroh trying to kill him.

I'm thinking it would be a GREAT time (2 years from now and make sense in the plot) to allow us to see Brenda again for several episodes. Of course, her new job also gives opportunities, too. IMHO, they can't bring Brenda back to soon as it would make this series look weak, which it isn't!!!!! Yet, having Brenda come back in the future would be nice / wonderful / great / etc.

karlmeszaros

[6]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 106
    bmoshier wrote:

5) As we've seen in the first episode of Major Crimes, they're already showing us Captain (should be Commander) Raydor's home. We now know she's a Mom of adult children (not sure how many, ages, college, or their jobs or if one of them could be in prison, law enforcement, etc). No word (yet) on a Mr. Raydor (unless Raydor is her maiden name) or if she ever married, so there is still a lot to learn.

Actually, we already know a lot of this information from The Closer. Sharon has been separated from her husband for 20 years but they have never divorced (it's Catholic thing, she said). Also, I'm pretty sure she has two adult children although I can't remember which episode that information is in.

haldrey

[7]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 22
    I was totally out of this site because of an old computer but now I am back. Major Crimes is almost as good as The Closer who is still tops. I like the new approach but I am a bit tired of the Rusty sub plot. A little bit is good but lately there is too much Rusty, especially i this last chapter.