Major Crimes Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on TNTBetween Seasons

where will the story with rusty go?/episode #108

mattgus

[1]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 14

all of the scenes with rusty sharon and his father have been heart wrenching,but really good. except you don't know for sure if things will go well with father's motives or of rusty will screw it up. my thoughts during this episode were that his dad is ok. he is trying to be responsible. but closer and now major crimes is very VERY good at leading us in the wrong direction..so we have to wait and see. i did'nt like the look on sharon"s face at the end/// i was surprised what they came up with as to why this others man"s blood was at the house in the other story...they are really good at surprising us with clever turns in the story,but of course in order for an outcome of the murderer going back to jail the blood had to be fromanother DEAD body...i'm really happy they decided to cont. the closer series with the same people and writers etc...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeland8

[2]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 10
    It was the best episode so far (imo). Loved the story, brilliant!

I'm not sure about dad either. I mean I can see why he wants to be with his newly found kid and all that, but he's so insistent... He has a girlfriend who has two children, it's not like he lacks close people.

haldrey

[3]Oct 4, 2012
    • level: 22
    I agree that this one was the best episode so far and all the previous ones were great episodes. As to where will the story with Rusty go I do not know, I just hope that it just go. At first it was ok but now it is taking too much time.

tommy0122

[4]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 12

I'm sick of this Rusty stuff. Personally, I wish he would just go away. This is a good show but this Rusty thing is too much of a distraction. This is a good show and there's a lot of material to work with without the Rusty thing. Be gone Rusty!!

Stitllams

[5]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 6
    Well after the latest episode, it is clear where Rusty's dad is going. Jail with the big boys.

bmoshier

[6]Aug 19, 2013
    • level: 46

And What About Rusty?

Not giving a last episode of the summer spoiler, but the brief advertisement for new Major Crime episodes in November 2013 did NOT include Rusty! Sigh. I liked the character. (Honestly, I started out liking the deal making, but now . . . don't like it after last weeks / episodes results. Anyway, what about Rusty?! (I hope he comes back.)

Eunomiac

[7]Aug 1, 2014
    • level: 5
    Rusty is polarizing: You need to realize, there's a huge fraction of this show's fans who LOVE Rusty and his relationship with the crew/Cp. Raider... but at the same time, I'm not surprised to find a response like yours, because the Rusty storyline is very different from typical Major Crimes/Closer fare.

I think we should all laud the show for how deftly it has juggled both of these beloved plotlines.

bipity

[8]Aug 13, 2014
    • level: 5

Maybe Rusty added a dimension to the show when he was a crucial witness, but that story has run its course. Either come up with a new story for him or cut him loose - drifting in and out of the same problems over and over is getting old.

I still think that the one-for-one replacement of Brenda with Raydor was a mistake - they should have limited her role and given the old cast more prominence. But as Brenda's full-blown replacement she also has to have a personal life, and I guess Rusty is it. Problem is, Brenda's personal life was a comical train wreck that contrasted beautifully with her professional success -Pope and "Fritzy", candy addiction, cat ownership, house hunting phobia, and of course her hilariously warm but uncomfortable relationship with her parents. The Raydor character is admirable and sympathetic but just too one-dimensional to fill that void.

We loved Brenda in part because she let her passion for justice overrule her judgement. It cost her her job, but we all would like to think we would do exactly the same thing under the circumstances, consequences be damned - heroism in defiance of bureaucracy. By comparison Raydor is strictly by-the-book and far less compelling...