Major Crimes

Tuesday 9:00 PM on TNT Premiered Aug 13, 2012 Returning October 31, 2017

Kaili_K

Major Crimes Fan Reviews (148)

6.6
  • Fritz

First, Thank goodness Gus is gone, now maybe you'll allow Rusty to play a more mature role.

Second, Sharon Raydor and Andy Flynn should not marry! They are too sappy and it takes away from the show.

Third, What happened to all the madness, drama, action, you need to kick it up, give us high thrills.

And please have Raydor speak up, more facial expressions. Show some spirit !!

And by the way, show more of Fritz Howard. Really like him, plays a good role and is nice to look at!

I really like the members of Major Crimes!
  • I miss The Closer

I also vastly preferred The Closer. I liked Brenda and her wonderful parents, and her sparring matches with Fritz. As others have stated, that show had many humorous moments, especially with Provenza and Flynn.

Major Crimes is a major disappointment, and it keeps getting worse. Mary McD is a terrible actress, and her plastic surgery has rendered her incapable of facial expressions or normal speech. I also loathe the Rusty character, who is totally lacking in credibility and almost as badly acted as Captain Sharon. Let him and Gus have their own show for people who want the soppy stuff.

Yes, get rid of the soap opera, bring back the crimes, the wit and Brenda!
  • Should be called the "Provenza show"

Rusty does not bother me as much, as Raydor's immovable face. She can hardly open her mouth anymore. Charisma is totally missing and her Character is without flows. I loved Sedgewick as the Closer, a deeply flawed and driven person who was her own worst enemy with a BS detector. Raydor seems plastic in comparison.

Too much personal stuff and too sentimental... more like a soap opera.

• A little too rusty

I am not sure why all these shows have to turn into a night time soap. Solve the crime. I don't want to bash the Rusty character, but his story line is so annoying. It has nothing to do with it being about a gay character. It's a silly, whiny, high schoolish puppy love story line. So a major cliff hanger for next season is his bf's boss is a rival?I guess they hired out of work writers from Hanna Montana. Then we have the boss messing around with her subordinates. Can't we just solve the crime? Is that so hard for a crime drama? Ok let out my steam.
  • Where are the former writers?

This show has worsened the last two years - why? Can only assume your former writers have left the show. Where is the humor? The scripts are ridiculous.
  • Parceling out screen time by cost?

3.5
    The only reason I can divine for shoving Rusty and his BF down our throats is that they pay the supporting actors by the minute and he is the cheapest one. Loved the "treat with WD40" comment, and the one about renaming the show Rusty Sucking the Air Out of the Room.

ANNOYING. Last week, I thought we'd actually get an episode sans Rusty, but No, in the middle of a possible terrorism investigation, he traipses in to WHINE WHINE WHINE. Either kill him off or cancel the show, TNT.

Kyra Sedgwick's character, Brenda, went off the deep end toward the end of The Closer, and at first, Rader was an intriguing change of pace. But now the writers want to get bogged down in the ridiculous UNINTERESTING domestic stories. Stick with the CRIMES.
  • Camryn Manheim Character

4.5
    Ditch this character and leave Fritz as the chief. Why do these shows always have to add internal conflict? Do they run out of story lines when a show has been on a long time so it's filler material? Stick to the crimes and stop the inner conflicts within the department. I loved the Fritz character in The Closer and love it now.
  • They seem to be listening, but not enough

I use to love this show. With the loss of Rizzoli and Isles it seems this is the only crime drama TNT has left. If the writers and producers don't get off trying to push their own agenda they won't have it either. The original Rusty storyline has run its course and closed, so should RUSTY.
  • Rusty

Hate the Rusty Show aka Major Crimes! Just when it gets Good Here's Rusty!

Still Rusty on Show after Last Year!

He Adds ABSOLUTELY ZERO TO SHOW!

Get Him Off a Good Show!

TNT You are Wasting Money on His Character!

• THIS SHOW IS NOW AWFUL

The humour has been extracted from this show. Rusty should be treated with WD40. Bring back The Closer.

Will Rusty be a bridesmaid at the wedding? Will he be going on the honeymoon as technical advisor?
  • I'm not the only one!!! Hate Rusty

OMG!! I thought my sister and I were the only ones who hate the Rusty character/storyline but now I see this is the consensus. If he's meant to show Raydor's softer/maternal side, fine, but leave him in the background with a max time of 1m every other episode. I want more Provenza and Flynn. Their hilarious escapades have been cut out so much. When will the writers listen already?!?
  • Disappointing

I am even more disappointed with the show now than at the end of last season. The story lines aren't as engaging, some of the characters have become less likeable, and the continuation of the Rusty/Gus relationship is a huge negative.
  • Rusty/Guss

We used to love The Closer. Started watching this and it was still good until Rusty!! He is ruining this show Today was the last straw. Why is he always in the background with his strange expressions? And have left him being the photographer All done with this show!!!
  • Rusty is the worst character on TV

He brings NOTHING to the show. His self-absorbed whining is more boring than watching paint dry. Send him to off to anywhere and let us never see or speak of him again. The show is called Major Crimes not Rusty the Air Sucking Out of the Room Vacuum.
  • Gus/Rusty

PLEASE write these 2 out. I love this program but now getting to the stage of not watching any more. What is the need for this relationship!!! It's about major crimes for goodness sake. Let's get back to solving crimes.
  • Mary McDonnell & Graham Patrick

2.5
    Mary McDonnnel is not a strong character! Need to get a strong woman role. Someone new would be great! Graham role sucks/ boring/ waste of film. Get back to the way it use to be! Your people on this set are turning into babies. I want strong independent people with balls! Not babies! Kyra Sedgwick Was great/ awesome need someone like her back ASAP. Everyone else is great. . Bailey, Anthony, Jon, Corey totally awesome! Loved The Closer please bring it back! Like Major Crimes could be better, allittle boring!
  • Omg worst acting ever

5.5
    Who is that dreadful woman? How is she on tv?
  • Get rid of Rusty.

A great show but this kid Rusty brings nothing to the table. Kill him, write him out. Is he someone's relative?
  • MookieB

3.5
    I have suffered long enough with the disgusting, stupid, utterly annoying character of Rusty. He is not essential to the show and I have no interest whatsoever in his petty whining and know-it-all attitude that invariably leads to problems. ENOUGH ALREADY. If he comes back in December 2016 or anytime after that, I will no longer watch what was once a very exciting show. I'm up to here with this gay kissing on tv and that has to go, too. Nothing about that scenario has anything to do with crimes and I'm sick of every social issue being force fed to me via a tv show that should not be designed for that. Seems the whole HOW is now centered around Rusty and Gus. I love all the other characters but he has got to go or you will find your whole show cancelled in a New York minute. The writers and producers better make a decision soon or they won't need to.
  • Why not Rusty? Let's help out the Major Crimes writers. Tell them how to kill off Rusty!

1.5
    Why kill off the Assistant Chief? Why not Rusty? Truly one of the most repugnant, obnoxious, and unbelievable characters ever. I just read that this was part one of three episodes in a story line. Dare we hope the nasty neo-nazis might do this show a favor and kill Rusty? Oh please, someone save this show.
  • Get rid of Rusty

The only way to fix the show.
  • Done with Rusty

Show was good but now that Rusty thinks he is running the police dept time to end the sow. It is ridiculous now and time to cancel. Get Rusty to check himself - what a brat and a bore!! Any resemblance to a true police show went out the window with this kid just walking in to every interrogation. GET REAL!
  • Give me a break!

Aug. 29, 2016: This is one of the most boring tv shows; mostly elderly actors and Rusty a 24 year old who is still trying to act like a teenager. Mary McDonnell is a bit better but still wooden and trying to make it sound as if it's as good as Rizzoli and even come close.
  • Not another kid!

I just joined this forum to post my opinion about another kid on Major Crimes. Really??? The character of Rusty was bad enough, but at least now he is an adult (okay, sort of... :-) I will NOT watch another bratty kid. I'm done with this show. Only stayed for the great ensemble cast (with exception of Capt Radar who could be played by anyone IMO; such a low energy and boring character). I love all the other characters though. But that will not save it for me. I'm done. I refuse to watch stories about the little boy and Julio. That's not what I'm looking for in this show. just want a crime show, cases, investigations, bad guys arrested, etc. Is that too much to ask? Evidently. Writers think they are so cool with what they come up with, but the scripts are going downhill fast. The people (kids?) in charge now can't come up with anything good to save their lives. (not just this show - it's an epidemic). This was only 1 of 2 shows I even watch on TV (other being Elementary). Just one now. Most of the time my TV is off and I read and/or listen to music. Bye Bye MC. I guess I can always watch old Closer shows on DVD. (I watch old Alias shows on DVD. That was a great show! )
  • Values by Major Crimes' Writers Stinks!

I'm done watching Major Crimes. I finally had it with the value writing on drinking problems, homosexual problems, marriage problems, single mother problems and the beat goes on! I hope this series "is" cancelled!
  • A little too rusty

If they cancel the show, it will be because of that Rusty character.
  • Enough of the Rusty crap!!!

What a waste of what was at one time a good old fashioned "who done it" program. This gay crap & gay kisses has nothing to do with crimes. After all the program title is Major Crimes not major gay problems for a bad actor. And hasn't anyone told Ryder how to talk without whispering?? I feel bad for the cast members whom are trying to make a doomed program likeable. The Rusty crap has finally made me & many, many of my family & friends stop watching this awful program.
  • Rusty Detracts From Show

Major Crimes is a good show about crimes committed and solving them. Adding the sappy drama of Rusty and Gus and emphasizing their gay relationship detracts from the show completely. Clearly, the writer has a specific agenda. After watching the most recent episode of Rusty and Gus kissing and saying I love you to each other, you can count me out for watching the show. What is the purpose of this? What does this have to do with "major crimes?"
  • Major Soap Opera

I loved the edge and humor of "The Closer," and enjoyed the first couple of seasons of "Major Crimes," but this show has become such a snore.. The plot with Rusty gets sappier with each episode, Sharon becomes more bland with every passing week, and the crime of the week gets third or fourth billing behind the personal issues. Thank God they finally gave Rusty a semi-decent haircut; I was ready to go through the TV with some scissors. WRITERS, GET A GRIP BEFORE YOU DON'T HAVE A SHOW!!
  • Captain Rayner Low Voice

I love this show so much, but Captain Rayner's soft(trying to be sexy voice) is so hard to hear! I always have to turn the tv up than back down to hear her, it's the worst part of the show!!
< 1 2 3 4 5