Major Crimes

Monday 9:00 PM on TNT Premiered Aug 13, 2012 In Season

Kaili_K

Major Crimes Fan Reviews (111)

7.2
  • Always the best

I don't have words to say how good Major Crimes is. It just keep getting better and better through the years, it's incredible!!!!

A PERFECT cast with this awesome writing, could not be different.
  • Major Crimes A Real Treat

Major Crimes continues to showcase interesting and intricate police stories in a way that doesn't at all feel procedural. It's strength lies in remaining with the diverse ensemble cast throughout the story - seeing it through their eyes and relating through their own humanity. Each of these characters brings something unique to the table - they aren't formulaic, but instead are real people, flaws and all. They are led by the indomitable Mary McDonnell, who brings all her unbelievable skill to the table in her portrayal of Sharon Raydor. Every week this shows asks a question of the audience, and leaves it up to them to answer it. It doesn't preach, it informs, and it's a trait unique to this show, and I believe is the secret to it being such a success and enduring long beyond it predecessor The Closer.

Major Crimes is well worth the watch, and I recommend it with great enthusiasm!
  • The best show on TV!

Where do I begin?! There isn't enough words to describe the brilliance of this show! It just gets better and stronger every season. The writing is intelligent, the characters are well developed and multi-layered, they aren't just simple and forgettable. I love every single one!

The cast are AMAZING, I mean hello, Mary McDonnell's the lead! (Not biased in anyway, no not me ;) ) The chemistry between the actors is smooth and organic. They also always seems to strike the right balance between having drama and comic relief, providing us many memorable moments.

The relationships are real, they're very human, they aren't rushed, we just need to look at how Sharon has progressed from the start with the team to where they are now. Her relationship with Andy has felt natural and hasn't felt pushed in anyway. We've been allowed to see their friendship blossom in to something truly lovely while seeing Sharon who has been hurt previously open herself up again to the idea of love.

The show gets to your heart, or at least it does to mine, you begin to feel for the characters and invest time in them and want them to do well.

This is a show is like no other, it's unique and special. It always will deserve more recognition and praise as enough will be never be enough.

(I'm still getting over that Shandy breakfast scene :D So cute!!!)
  • Awesome Awesome Awesome

I loved it, I couldn't wait till it came back. Great combo and mix. One of the best shows on tv. Love the dynamic between Rusty and Sharon, My only low pint is Julio. So tired of the sad sack face. Get over it or move on with him I say Otherwise keep them coming!!!!!!!!!
  • One of the best Crime Procedural Shows on TV

The only people who hate this show are non-liberals who think every liberal show has an agenda, or people who hate Rusty (in reality Rusty, when he isn't being a little shit, is quite well written). When The Closer was on, it was applauded for it's in-depth look at a female cop juxtaposing her working life and personal life. Major Crimes is doing the same, but the first four years have focused on a female cop's relationship with a teenager instead of a boyfriend/husband. This is yet a different look into how female cops juggle everything, and it is very insightful to Sharon Raydor's personality. I, for one, am finding it breathtaking to watch Sharon evolve over every season. In 7 years, we've seen Darth Raydor turn to a loving mother, a fierce friend, an understanding Captain, and now, a hesitant girlfriend who needs to take it slow as her heart has been broken before. Every episode I'm learning new things about Sharon and her past based on how she reacts to situations. No other crime procedural is doing that, and that's what is fascinating about this show and The Closer. If I wanted JUST a crime procedural, there are 20 shows on television that I could watch. But I want a crime show with heart, with feeling and emotions and love and goodness. I want a show that is personal because I want to be invested in these characters, and I can't fully do that unless I KNOW them. I know these Major Crimes characters. I am invested in their future. I care about them. I must add one other reason why I like this show - the actors. I find TNT's reluctance to do any sort of advertising for this show deplorable. Yet, the actors are doing their part by getting on social media and giving us BTS photos and videos. They believe in this show so much that they are putting everything they have out there. That means something to me. Any show can be popular if their company advertises enough. But Major Crimes is #2 on TNT WITHOUT advertising. Why is that? Because this show, these characters, and these actors show HEART and DEDICATION. Because of that, I'm showing it too.
  • Major crimes !!!

Adored the show !!!! Love it !!!! I hope they last forever !!!!
  • really????

I love Major Crimes and the whole show since The Closer. I can't understand how someone can not love Mary McDonnell as Sharon Raydor should look after the big is going on in this show and I love it. Everybody does an amazing job. The . I'm not a fan of we need him . And you should never forget to respect an actor . Greets from Germany
  • Rusty

GET RID OF RUSTY!!! So boring and really doesn't belong on this show!
  • American flag display in July 20, 2015 episode

This week, at the beginning of the show, the bodies of the murdered police officers were removed from the scene with American flags draped over the bodies. Please note that when the American flag is used for this purpose, the field of blue stars is placed over the upper left side of the body -- over the heart. The flags in the show were reversed, with the blue area on the right side of the body. I still love the show, but please do your research.
  • Awesome Police Episode.

I thought this was pretty great show of the capability of the LAPD. I thought wow at the resources and planning they can deploy. Most impressive. Am not sure its real but they sure looked great in this episode. Something tells me there's the beginnings of a spin-off in all of this.
  • Rusty is human factor for the show, less of a cop show.

This is the best writing, best acting show on TV today. People get hung up on Rusty, but he just makes Sharon shine. With all the stress, she can just calmly answer his questions. I am not always sure why it is important for us to see the show from Rusty's prospective, but this is still fantastic and worth waiting for.
  • Season 3!

Thank Goodness, we're getting a new season! Major Crimes has nicely evolved into a great Show. It took me some time to let go of Brenda but Sharon is so different from her, that it didn't take me very long to really like her. I even warmed up to ADA Rios, although I really couldn't stand her much for the most part of the season. I hope Rusty doesn't disappear, he did a superb job in court and finally we got rid of the bad guy, or so I hope. If I could get a wish granted, I would hope for a tiny guest appearance of Brenda in the next season.
  • Major Crimes 2013

I was very pleased that the end of the Closer did not mean the end of our Major Crimes detectives. They are awesome. And, surprisingly, I have really gotten to like Captain Raydor. But, what is a little scary is the fact that there is no way this show is going to survive the new DDA Rios. She can't act and is nothing short of obnoxious! Had lunch with some friends today, friends who also think Major Crimes is one of the best shows on TV. Three of them have stopped watching the new season already because of DDA Rios. Please, please eliminate her before the show is cancelled.
  • major improvement on the closer

a much better show than the closer

• Great Show

Absolutely love this show and thrilled it WAS renewed! It was the #1 New Series Cable Premier in cable history! And for good reason!

Mary McDonnell and cast have taken what had been a good show with The Closer and elevated it to the next level!!

Kudos to the cast and crew for a job brilliantly done!

Looking forward to S2 in the summer of 2013!!!
  • a fresh start..

I never thought I could love the show this much.. I am a great fan of The Closer, with Brenda and her antiquities and everything.. and I also hated the idea of Taylor being the chief (I still do).. yet, no matter how emotionless and cold and obssesively law abading Capt. Raydor character is, the whole show feels refreshened and addictive.. I liked Rusty from the first scene, his sort of adoption by Raydor made it even better, and seeing more scene time and in depth character development of the detectives makes the show even more lovable.. plus in the last two seasons Brenda was beginning to get on my nerves a little, becoming a very tiring person, therefore seeing someone doing the same thing, and proving that they can be done by the book, is also a sort of refreshing viewpoint.. a whole big well done goes here..
  • Will miss this show

I didn't think the show would be good without "Brenda Lee" but it is. Different but a good. I miss Brenda, and hoped she would make an appearance. But Mary McDonnell does an excellent job. I read some don;t like "rusty" but I do. I find myself pondering how Mary and the boy interact, even days after the show, and that rarely happens to me. I find the show to be poignant and exciting - great story line. I also like the way police officers are shown to be effective AND have a heart. Wish the show had more episodes though. Thanks!
  • Major Success!

I am enjoying your show and I love Mary McDonnell! Keep up the good work! We are watching!
  • i'm amazed

At first i throught that this would be just another the closer and when i first watch the episode one i believed i was right but i keep watching out of loyaulty to the cast of the closer and mary mcdonnell whom i a big fan of. And i really happy to discover that not only the writter are giving major crimes a real identity and new story line but also give to mary mcdonnell a chance to show that wonderfull ability she has to shows so much emotion in the way she plays . the shows is a big it for me and i hope there will be much more episodes. THe whole cast deserve it!!!
  • Every character is just needed!

I personally am not the hugest fan of Rusty but I think he's needed into the show. He's needed to explore that side of Sharon that we didn't know from The Closer: the mother! I agree he could whine a bit less sometimes and be maybe a bit less egocentric and self-centered but which teenager hasn't been? Plus his past didn't serve him rainbows and rabbits running in the fields so it might have a really influence on it.

This is the only show (with The Big Bang Theory) that I follow since day 1 with passion and interest and impatiently wait for its return everytime, whether is a hiatus or the season ending. Of course some part can't be real because it's fiction, and as fiction like blood results takes 10 minutes to come back and an autopsy takes max 15, but it's the most realistic fiction I've seen so far, and I've seen a lot!

It is a great show why is it not on Chanel nine anymore I score a 9.9
  • Very good. Love it!

I love the show. I think it's much better than the Closer. Benda annoyed a lot.

I love Sharon Raydor character. And also Rusty.

And love how the rest of the cast now could shine.

Before, Brenda presence chocked the others.
  • Major Crimes

Need to get rid of the new DA or rewrite the script because she is definitely not a good choice and usually the DA doesn't show up at crime scenes. I love the show and hope they do not cancel it just get rid of this NEW DA.
  • One of the Best!

I am among the many who really appreciate this series! Major Crimes has interesting and involving stories, some of which are stand-alone and some are a continuation of situations started in earlier episodes. It tends to keep things more interesting in wanting to see what's going to happen next with the private lives of the squad. Makes things more personal. I only wish the writers would let Rusty be less whiney and become more self-assured. I do understand the gist of what they're trying to get across with his character, but think it's time for him to hold his head high and walk proud. Just MHO.

I am looking forward to many, MANY more episodes of this excellent drama! Not many other dramas equal this one in content and just plain interesting watching.
  • big fan

I thought it was well worth the wait! Actors, Writers, Directors and everyone else involved did a great job. Love Rusty's next chapter, felt bad for Julio as he must have been reliving his wife's last days in the hospital and hope Andy is up and able very soon. I love this show and am glad it's back!

• Great Show

This show is really great and well written. I love it !!!! The actors are (almost) all so great it's what make this show amazing, thanks to the magnificent performance of Mary McDonnell as Captain Sharon Raydor and Graham Patrick Martin as Rusty Beck !! All the relationship between the caracters make the show really real and human.

Must be watching.
  • Major Crimes

Loved this new episode. Great stories for the characters, beautiful intensity and lots of cute shandy moments. Can't wait to see the rest.
  • I actually love this show

Wow, this seems to be the place to come and comment about hating the show. I really love it. Love the dry humour and the characters and the police work. The Rusty storyline was turn the show off silly season three about the crush on the producer, but I'm quite happy with how things have gone in season four. This year he gets about five minutes of screen time total most episodes. I don't have a problem with gay characters on-screen, it reflects life, and I wish they'd bring the boyfriend back and lay off the Rusty as reporter stuff instead. Rusty is arrogant, and does need to be put in his place from time to time and it's annoying when that isn't done, but sometimes even Provenza or Andy can be written as so pig-headed they are annoying. I'm more aggravated by the continuing Stroh storyline, it's gone past the point where it should have been resolved and you just know around the end of the season, here he comes again. This is one of my favourite shows at present and I'm waiting for November 2nd and new episodes.
  • Great Show!

Although not perfect, Major Crimes does an amazing job as a crime drama television series which did an amazing job transitioning from The Closer to the beginning of this series. Unlike most crime dramas I watch such as Castle, CSI and Bones, Major Crimes has a kind of realism to it. No particular individual is uncannily smart or amazing at what they do (eg. Bones where is a highly sought after anthropologist or Castle where Kate Beckett is seen as almost like a celebrity and Castle is a well received crime writer) however as a team they respect eachother and work well togethe. With reoccurring storylines things tend to get a little on the unbelievable side however things do need to be changed up a bit for people to stay interested, so I respect that.

Major Crimes also tries to include all types of people Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Whites and even Gays within the main storyline. It's not overwhelming and they dont shove it in your face. Its just there.

They solve crimes, the personal drama doesn't usually get incorporated into the crime and is usually just a back story - sometimes annoying but like I said - needed to keep people interested. (If you want to watch people just solve crimes go watch a true crime show)

Not perfect, but I love the show for a reason. Major Crimes, you're doing something right.
  • Two options, july 21 episode the best

I think this week's episode, Two Options, was the best Major Crimes that has been made so far. It felt like The Closer and was back to police work. Of course having Fritz active in the show always helps. The way the filming was handled was outstanding. Helicopters, police on the scene and in the department, all working together. Loved it. What I didn't like was the woman in the red jacket who was a DA I think. Bad actress and added nothing. They could have just gone with the Chief's input and been fine. Hope Fritz ends up joining the show permanently. I agree that Rusty is annoying. He needs to go off to college and off the show!
< 1 2 3 4