Major Crimes

Monday 9:00 PM on TNT Premiered Aug 13, 2012 Returning Winter 2014

laurameyer

Major Crimes Fan Reviews (57)

7.8
  • Awesome Police Episode.

I thought this was pretty great show of the capability of the LAPD. I thought wow at the resources and planning they can deploy. Most impressive. Am not sure its real but they sure looked great in this episode. Something tells me there's the beginnings of a spin-off in all of this.
  • Rusty is human factor for the show, less of a cop show.

This is the best writing, best acting show on TV today. People get hung up on Rusty, but he just makes Sharon shine. With all the stress, she can just calmly answer his questions. I am not always sure why it is important for us to see the show from Rusty's prospective, but this is still fantastic and worth waiting for.
  • Season 3!

Thank Goodness, we're getting a new season! Major Crimes has nicely evolved into a great Show. It took me some time to let go of Brenda but Sharon is so different from her, that it didn't take me very long to really like her. I even warmed up to ADA Rios, although I really couldn't stand her much for the most part of the season. I hope Rusty doesn't disappear, he did a superb job in court and finally we got rid of the bad guy, or so I hope. If I could get a wish granted, I would hope for a tiny guest appearance of Brenda in the next season.
  • Major Crimes 2013

I was very pleased that the end of the Closer did not mean the end of our Major Crimes detectives. They are awesome. And, surprisingly, I have really gotten to like Captain Raydor. But, what is a little scary is the fact that there is no way this show is going to survive the new DDA Rios. She can't act and is nothing short of obnoxious! Had lunch with some friends today, friends who also think Major Crimes is one of the best shows on TV. Three of them have stopped watching the new season already because of DDA Rios. Please, please eliminate her before the show is cancelled.
  • major improvement on the closer

a much better show than the closer

• Great Show

Absolutely love this show and thrilled it WAS renewed! It was the #1 New Series Cable Premier in cable history! And for good reason!

Mary McDonnell and cast have taken what had been a good show with The Closer and elevated it to the next level!!

Kudos to the cast and crew for a job brilliantly done!

Looking forward to S2 in the summer of 2013!!!
  • a fresh start..

I never thought I could love the show this much.. I am a great fan of The Closer, with Brenda and her antiquities and everything.. and I also hated the idea of Taylor being the chief (I still do).. yet, no matter how emotionless and cold and obssesively law abading Capt. Raydor character is, the whole show feels refreshened and addictive.. I liked Rusty from the first scene, his sort of adoption by Raydor made it even better, and seeing more scene time and in depth character development of the detectives makes the show even more lovable.. plus in the last two seasons Brenda was beginning to get on my nerves a little, becoming a very tiring person, therefore seeing someone doing the same thing, and proving that they can be done by the book, is also a sort of refreshing viewpoint.. a whole big well done goes here..
  • Will miss this show

I didn't think the show would be good without "Brenda Lee" but it is. Different but a good. I miss Brenda, and hoped she would make an appearance. But Mary McDonnell does an excellent job. I read some don;t like "rusty" but I do. I find myself pondering how Mary and the boy interact, even days after the show, and that rarely happens to me. I find the show to be poignant and exciting - great story line. I also like the way police officers are shown to be effective AND have a heart. Wish the show had more episodes though. Thanks!
  • Major Success!

I am enjoying your show and I love Mary McDonnell! Keep up the good work! We are watching!
  • i'm amazed

At first i throught that this would be just another the closer and when i first watch the episode one i believed i was right but i keep watching out of loyaulty to the cast of the closer and mary mcdonnell whom i a big fan of. And i really happy to discover that not only the writter are giving major crimes a real identity and new story line but also give to mary mcdonnell a chance to show that wonderfull ability she has to shows so much emotion in the way she plays . the shows is a big it for me and i hope there will be much more episodes. THe whole cast deserve it!!!

It is a great show why is it not on Chanel nine anymore I score a 9.9
  • Very good. Love it!

I love the show. I think it's much better than the Closer. Benda annoyed a lot.

I love Sharon Raydor character. And also Rusty.

And love how the rest of the cast now could shine.

Before, Brenda presence chocked the others.
  • Major Crimes

Need to get rid of the new DA or rewrite the script because she is definitely not a good choice and usually the DA doesn't show up at crime scenes. I love the show and hope they do not cancel it just get rid of this NEW DA.
  • Two options, july 21 episode the best

I think this week's episode, Two Options, was the best Major Crimes that has been made so far. It felt like The Closer and was back to police work. Of course having Fritz active in the show always helps. The way the filming was handled was outstanding. Helicopters, police on the scene and in the department, all working together. Loved it. What I didn't like was the woman in the red jacket who was a DA I think. Bad actress and added nothing. They could have just gone with the Chief's input and been fine. Hope Fritz ends up joining the show permanently. I agree that Rusty is annoying. He needs to go off to college and off the show!
  • Pleasant surprise

I've forgotten how much i enjoy this show

It's done so well without Brenda. All the characters are worth continuing. And i don't mind dry Raydor, but the guys are very funny!
  • I miss Kyra's sparkle but happy that the show must go on!

I was so pleased that they continued this show as I fell in love with so many of the characters over the 7 seasons of The Closer. It is a bit hard to watch Captain Raydor's monotone personality but since adding Rusty it is nice to see a bit of her soft side. Is this just the way that she talks normally or is it the way that direction wanted to see her character? I think that I will google an interview with her not in character and find out for curiosities sake! Either way I am enjoying the show and still so pleased that almost all of the original cast are still around!! I hope that this show lasts quite a while and so pleased of the rumour I heard that they have renewed season 3!! Let's get at least 12 seasons out of this one!!! Maybe even Kyra can guest spot on a few episodes!! I do enjoy seeing Fritzy around now and then!! Too bad his show King and Maxwell floppedI enjoyed that onebut I guess it keeps him coming back to Major Crimes right?! I rated this show a 9.5 for the sole fact that I have not heard Sharon laugh or seen her cry just yet.
  • Hurray for Season 3!

Yea! There will be a Season 3! Thank you to the wonderful people at TNT who kept this fantastic crew, well most of the crew, together. Great Drama. Great Acting, superb storytelling.
  • Different from the closer but love it

I personally think that the character of Captain Raydor is quite interesting, very subtle but that would be nice to see/know a bit more about her (going deeper in a character).

Maybe this is the reason why I find that the presence of Rusty in the show is really a plus. I love to see his own evolution and above all his relationship and interactions with the different members of the team.
  • RENEWED?! Oh thank you God!

So many really good shows are cancelled even before they've had a chance to gain a good audience and replaced with reality rubbish or really cr*ppy shows that are really bad and yet have a good enough audience to warrant renewal - it's a real breath of fresh air to find a show like this one getting renewed and the fan base continuing to grow. I agree with many that it's better than The Closer; in fact I think it's one of the best shows around overall right now.

awesome series
  • major crimes

if it wasn't for George, this show would be a dud. aside from that the new prosecutor is redic. get rid of her asap

bring back Kyra, plz
  • Lots of Potential

I have scene some truly dramatic moments so far. Particularly between Captain Raydor and Rusty. I'm anxious to see how Rusty's character develops as well as the relationship between him, Raydor and the rest of the team. I'm guessing that the seeming lack of real emotion from Raydor about much of anything is part of the plot development. Mary McDonnell is a much better actor than we are seeing from her character. I would like to see the writers not suddenly inject a bit of stupid into a character to move the plot along. Having Sykes walk up to a group of people one of who she did not know and blurt out confidential info about someone was too stupid even for someone new to the Major Crimes unit. Also, they should keep in mind that Rust is supposed to be a 16 year old former street hustler. Let's not make him say lines that makes him sound like a spoiled 12 year old. Based on what we know about his character, Rusty wouldn't know much about being spoiled. Looking forward to more of the high drama scenes. Same thing applies to Provenza. He's over not being in charge of Major Crimes. We've seen him be supportive to Capt. Raydor. Move on.
  • LOVE MAJOR CRIMES!

Although I loved 'The Closer' and looked forward to it, I did get tired of Chief Brenda-Leah always yelling and putting people down. Her ego was over-the-top. Captain Raydor is a nice change - she gets upset when appropriate; not just to spout off like Brenda-Leah. I like her approach to 'walking them to their jail cell'.

Sure, it's an adjustment yet, give it a chance! I for one wish it were on twice a week. I like this kid Rusty coming on board. I know why he is built into the show yet wouldn't surprise me if Captain Raydor ended up being his guardian/adopting. What I don't get is Fritz being there and Brenda never appearing; even at home. I'm sure he wants to be on the show yet, it seems awkward now for him there.
  • Comfort Factor - Jonathan Del Arco

I find it a major change from The Closer in many ways, but I like it. I think there's a comfort factor as we see the continuation of favorite characters from the original. That's what's keeping me interested.

FWIW, I think Jonathan del Arco's character should get a spin-off show. The actor's mercurial, yet deeply dedicated and darkly humorous approach to his role as Medical Examiner is wonderful, and there are a lot of ho-hum examples out there.
  • Please get rid of Rusty

We love Provenza and the other characters. Rusty does not add anything to the drama. He takes away from the focus. Solving crimes
  • Major crimes

If this show has any chance they have got to get rid of the new .
  • rusty as nails

for a street smart character, rusty is totally clueless and whiney. if the writer have created a character based on clichs. His story is stale and boring. its like sounder and of mice and men put together.

i just mute the dialogue everytime he approaches on screen. Furthermore, a chess player who thinks of strategy 20-50 or more moves ahead is so naive. he is not a complex character, he is a dense character.

if fact rusty is a good name because his mind is not as nimble as the much older characters on the show.

i have a hard time understanding why rusty was written into the it cannot be his sexual orientation because being gay is so yesterday.

maybe it the days of our lives part of the series.
  • I am surprised by how much I like Raydor!

I never was a fan of Brenda and all her overacting and annoying mannerisms, but I decided to endure her because I love all the rest of the cast, including the unfortunate husband. The only character I liked less than Brenda was Raydor... Well of course, we all were supposed to hate her stiffness as opposed to Brenda's impulsivity. and supposedly refreshing lack of respect for rules.

I was happy to see finally Brenda go and even happier to see her team kept alive, but I really was revolted by the idea of Raydor as their captain! But in 3 episodes she won me over completely, and she is now one of my favourite female detectives. She has her weaknesses and she won't be afraid to show them... and I am very happy that she won Costanza over too! Looking forward to next season :D
  • Say goodby to Rusty

I like the show, love the cast. But really guys, you've got to get rid of the annoying kid. If not, I might have to stop watching. Yes, he's that bad. Or if you insist on keeping him on the show (he must be the producer's relative), at least rewrite the script so he's not so whiny. Rest of cast is great. Could Brenda Leigh make a guest appearance sometime? After all, her "husband" did.
  • RUSTY

The show is just fine, just a little bit different from the closer BUT there is this character " Rusty" who I with my whole heart HATE. This character is SO DAMN ANNOYING and therefore i stopped watching this show. I hope he dies soon.
< 1 2