Major Crimes

Wednesday 9:00 PM on TNT Premiered Aug 13, 2012 Between Seasons

Kaili_K

Major Crimes Fan Reviews (147)

6.6
  • I miss The Closer

I also vastly preferred The Closer. I liked Brenda and her wonderful parents, and her sparring matches with Fritz. As others have stated, that show had many humorous moments, especially with Provenza and Flynn.

Major Crimes is a major disappointment, and it keeps getting worse. Mary McD is a terrible actress, and her plastic surgery has rendered her incapable of facial expressions or normal speech. I also loathe the Rusty character, who is totally lacking in credibility and almost as badly acted as Captain Sharon. Let him and Gus have their own show for people who want the soppy stuff.

Yes, get rid of the soap opera, bring back the crimes, the wit and Brenda!
  • Where are the former writers?

This show has worsened the last two years - why? Can only assume your former writers have left the show. Where is the humor? The scripts are ridiculous.
  • THIS SHOW IS NOW AWFUL

The humour has been extracted from this show. Rusty should be treated with WD40. Bring back The Closer.

Will Rusty be a bridesmaid at the wedding? Will he be going on the honeymoon as technical advisor?
  • Done with Rusty

Show was good but now that Rusty thinks he is running the police dept time to end the sow. It is ridiculous now and time to cancel. Get Rusty to check himself - what a brat and a bore!! Any resemblance to a true police show went out the window with this kid just walking in to every interrogation. GET REAL!
  • Not another kid!

I just joined this forum to post my opinion about another kid on Major Crimes. Really??? The character of Rusty was bad enough, but at least now he is an adult (okay, sort of... :-) I will NOT watch another bratty kid. I'm done with this show. Only stayed for the great ensemble cast (with exception of Capt Radar who could be played by anyone IMO; such a low energy and boring character). I love all the other characters though. But that will not save it for me. I'm done. I refuse to watch stories about the little boy and Julio. That's not what I'm looking for in this show. just want a crime show, cases, investigations, bad guys arrested, etc. Is that too much to ask? Evidently. Writers think they are so cool with what they come up with, but the scripts are going downhill fast. The people (kids?) in charge now can't come up with anything good to save their lives. (not just this show - it's an epidemic). This was only 1 of 2 shows I even watch on TV (other being Elementary). Just one now. Most of the time my TV is off and I read and/or listen to music. Bye Bye MC. I guess I can always watch old Closer shows on DVD. (I watch old Alias shows on DVD. That was a great show! )
  • Values by Major Crimes' Writers Stinks!

I'm done watching Major Crimes. I finally had it with the value writing on drinking problems, homosexual problems, marriage problems, single mother problems and the beat goes on! I hope this series "is" cancelled!
  • This show sickens me!

it's truly a shame this show started with such great promise. Now the only way I can watch is by recording it, that way I can fast forward through all the disgusting parts. It's a shame that writers have to mess up such a good show. It seems it more important to the writers to send a social message then provide quality entertainment. Hollywood stop with the visual assault on the viewers.
  • Get rid of Rusty

I am tired of him. Winey little twit. Are there new writers? If so, get rid of them too. Very disappointing show. Rusty walks into the detectives room, there are pictures on the walls of crimes, they are discussing crimes, he also busts into the Captain's office when she has people in there. She just smiles and talks in her whisper voice which is getting on my nerves. If Major Crimes returns and Rusty is still done.
  • RUSTY TAKES ONE FOR THE RATINGS: NEW SCRIPT!

New Script: Provenza gets a call from the street cops that there was a murder. Provenza recognizes the address as Sharon's apartment. The Team rushes over to see what's gong on. They find Rusty mortality wounded by his boyfriend who shot him in a lover's quarrel. Sharon rushes over to Rusty whose last dying words are "I'm sorry Sharon. We had a stupid fight and I had told him you stored a gun here for our protection. Thank you for all you tried to do for me". He dies in her arms. The Team arrests the boyfriend and drags him off to jail. Sharon goes into depression and they replace her with someone who actually owns a personality. Ratings go through the roof! It's a win, win script!!!
  • major crimes

I used to enjoy the show but the ever present Rusty has ruined it for me. Gotta be the worst actor on tv . Whose kid is this? Has to be nepotism!
  • Sad and Disappointed after July 20, 2015 episode

I was really disappointed with the episode last night. Not only was it a real snooze fest, but it was inundated with left wing propaganda. You showed the supposed good guys destroying a citizen's property like a bunch of jack booted thugs and insinuated that 3D printers were the sole purview of criminals and the lowly man on the street has no right to own property. The same inference could have been made about home computers 20 years ago. I do not want to watch the Major Crimes detectives acting like Gestapo. Then you closed it out with blatant propaganda about illegal aliens and whether they should be deported or not. What I want out of Major Crimes is a well written hour long drama with some humor and hopefully a surprise twist of who committed the crime. I have been a follower of your show since the start, and of The Closer before that, but if you are now moving away from a humorous crime drama and into a propaganda machine you will free up an hour for me on Monday nights.
  • No Nancy Drew please!

Get that kid, Rusty OFF the
  • Rusted Rustey

I just got on this board to complain about boring, annoying, Rusty. Ans saw that others feel the same. What a waste of great Major Crimes time.

I only watch it on my DVR so I can zip past him.

Get rid of the character.
  • WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO MAJOR CRIMES????????

USED TO BE ONE OF OUR FAVORITE BACK WHEN IT WAS THE CLOSER. IT SEEMS TO GET SILLIER EVERY WEEK BEING THE WORST! CONSTANT REFERENCES TO GAY LIFESTYLES, USE OF OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE, WAAAAAAAAAAAY TO MUCH ENOUGH CRIME SOLVING! OUR NEIGHBORS JUST DISGUSTED AND ARE SIGNING OFF!
  • Really Disappointed

I've recently been watching reruns of The Closer, which had many of the same characters as Major Crimes and I'd forgotten how good that show was. I can't say the same for the spin-off. It seems like the only plot line these writers can come up with involves the Rusty character's homosexuality. Surely somewhere in Hollywood there must be at least one or two straight writers.

I'm going on hiatus as a viewer.
  • Something Wrong

I am seeing a contradiction between the posters and the number of thumbs down votes. The posters who say the Rusty has ruined the show (myself included) overwhelmingly outnumber those who like him, but most have more thumbs down than thumbs up. Looks to me that someone is stacking the thumb vote!
  • Storyline did NOT have to go into the gay-ness agenda

I will not watch any more Major Crimes. Last night's show went over the edge. Stop pushing the gay agenda on everyone. This did not add anything to the series and I would rather not see it.

I'm done with Major Crimes. Rusty should have been written off in the second season.
  • RUSTYS WORLD , YIKES

Alas, where is The Closer, This kid is absolutely annoying. Lets get back to the crime solving & the

banter between the detectives. Perhaps they are after the TWEEN demographics, I am just about ready to

chuck it after never missing an episode of the Closer & Major Crimes. Last nights was so boring

Bad acting, Bad dialogue
  • Major crimes

I enjoyed the show. Will not be watching it again. Ruined it with Rusty.
  • Why rusty is still in the show

I stop watching during season 2 because i feel rusty as character just does not fit in a show like this. And it is just really annoying to see his problems intersect with every episode of crime solving. I understand teenagers with such background would have a lot problems of his own, but the way he behaves and all really make me hard to like him. And now when i watch season 3 and he is still in the show with his new problem (mother in rehab) just want to make me stop watching again. What does he contribute to storyline , why is he still in the show problem is the mystery i would never understand.
  • Where is the award winning writing?

The monotone voice of Captain Raydor actually causes my TV to reverberate during her lines. I think my speakers are trying too hard to find a voice, a sound. And must we suffer through Rusty? He has no depth. I know I speak for many former, "The Closer" fans, when I say, we could not care less about that wining, self pitying Rusty. I fast forward through his scenes and I actually feel sorry for the actor. I wish the writers, producers and whomever else has any say would snap back to the mission at hand. Give us a good who-done-it with players we care about.
  • Capt Raydor???

I really liked Kyra's character, Brenda and looked forward to the show "Closer," however since she left the show I find the replacement show, Major Crimes less appealing. The character that replaced Brenda, Capt Raydor is awful. Her acting is robotic, it's difficult to watch as she tries to portray the character, she makes no sense. Adding the character Rusty, is confusing what's that about, doesn't add anything to the show. I miss Brenda and watching the closer, too bad I tried to watch Major Crimes but Capt Raydor makes it difficult.
  • MR. NEAL

MAJOR CRIMES: GREAT CAST. GET RID OF MARY MCDONNELL. CAN'T STAND HER ROLL. SHE MUST BE GOOD AS AN ACTRESS TO PUT OVER SUCH HATEFUL ROLL TO STOP ME FROM WATCHING ANY MORE.
  • Boring

Why is that kid on the show? There are enough characters on the show to build a story around without adding an unruly child. I think the show is horrible, and if the writers of The Closer left with Kyra Sedgwick, they need to give them whatever they want to bring them back.On a scale of 1-10 I give Major Crimes -10 :(

• Why not Rusty? Let's help out the Major Crimes writers. Tell them how to kill off Rusty!

1.5
    Why kill off the Assistant Chief? Why not Rusty? Truly one of the most repugnant, obnoxious, and unbelievable characters ever. I just read that this was part one of three episodes in a story line. Dare we hope the nasty neo-nazis might do this show a favor and kill Rusty? Oh please, someone save this show.
  • Major Crap.

1.5
    The only "Major Crimes" committed on this show are the writers taking phenomenally talented actors and leaving them in the background and with hardly any lines only to play second fiddle to this whiny, annoying, terrible excuse for an actor with only one face for ever emotion (Squint confused face)-aka Rusty. Ths show should change it's name to " The Chronicles of Rusty (and occasionally some actual crime solving drama)". He and his character suck- no pun intended. Why does every single episode revolve around him?? No one cares!!! We want to watch the rest of the cast we fell in love with on The Closer actually fight crime. I don't want to watch Rusty research victims, I want him to BE a victim- that would be a great story line and you better believe people would watch. I can't even sit through his scenes at all. He should have never been carried over from the series finale of The Closer. His acting ability is extremely one dimensional, his voice is annoying as hell and the whole show has turned into a circus . It's not even about crime anymore!! Now every episode is about this cry baby hanging out at the police station with his stupid paper job and none of it makes sense. No police station would allow some random kid access to confidential information on an open case and interfere with potential suspects while they are investigating a case. Why not take this opportunity to allow the other characters some of their own personal stories to be highlighted I think by now they've earned it. Or better yet , MAJOR CRIME. This show is awful compared to its predecessor. Bad and cheesy and unbelievable. Get rid of rusty, get somegood stories, Teach radar how to act with dimension, and throw in a few special guests. get rid of this terrible distraction. If I was a member of the squad, I would have killed myself by now having to constantly endure his presence and childish shit at the office. It's a police department- Not Middle school, not a Daycare, Not a Junior College to teach life skills, and not a guidance counselors office. He has zero business being in the show. Remove him,for the love of GOD. show is headed towards cancellation.
  • Goodbye Rusty

1.5
    Everyone is saying the same thing. Why Rusty? Is this the producer's son? He adds nothing to the show and I find him a total distraction from the plot. In fact, I don't know if I can tolerate another episode? Goodbye Rusty!
  • Get rid of Rusty

1.5
    We are sick of Rusty and his problems. We watch the show because we like the characters from "The Rusty' character is completely unbelievable. No police department would allow a kid to wander around and see and hear all that was going on. Send him off to college and give us a break.
  • major crimes

1.5
    I loved the closer and when i saw this new one major crimes with the same actors i was delighted until i saw who took over Brenda Lees part i cant stand her she cant act she is dreadful it looks like she is auditioning for a part and is just really bad at it she is the reason myself and my husband wont watch the show bring back Brenda Lee .she had spunk and a character and funny and serious all wrapped up in one package .Loved her .
  • A little too rusty

I am not sure why all these shows have to turn into a night time soap. Solve the crime. I don't want to bash the Rusty character, but his story line is so annoying. It has nothing to do with it being about a gay character. It's a silly, whiny, high schoolish puppy love story line. So a major cliff hanger for next season is his bf's boss is a rival?I guess they hired out of work writers from Hanna Montana. Then we have the boss messing around with her subordinates. Can't we just solve the crime? Is that so hard for a crime drama? Ok let out my steam.
< 1 2 3 4 5