Major Crimes

Monday 10:00 PM on TNT Premiered Aug 13, 2012 In Season

Kaili_K

Major Crimes Fan Reviews (125)

6.9
  • Always the best

I don't have words to say how good Major Crimes is. It just keep getting better and better through the years, it's incredible!!!!

A PERFECT cast with this awesome writing, could not be different.
  • One of the Best!

I am among the many who really appreciate this series! Major Crimes has interesting and involving stories, some of which are stand-alone and some are a continuation of situations started in earlier episodes. It tends to keep things more interesting in wanting to see what's going to happen next with the private lives of the squad. Makes things more personal. I only wish the writers would let Rusty be less whiney and become more self-assured. I do understand the gist of what they're trying to get across with his character, but think it's time for him to hold his head high and walk proud. Just MHO.

I am looking forward to many, MANY more episodes of this excellent drama! Not many other dramas equal this one in content and just plain interesting watching.
  • Every character is just needed!

I personally am not the hugest fan of Rusty but I think he's needed into the show. He's needed to explore that side of Sharon that we didn't know from The Closer: the mother! I agree he could whine a bit less sometimes and be maybe a bit less egocentric and self-centered but which teenager hasn't been? Plus his past didn't serve him rainbows and rabbits running in the fields so it might have a really influence on it.

This is the only show (with The Big Bang Theory) that I follow since day 1 with passion and interest and impatiently wait for its return everytime, whether is a hiatus or the season ending. Of course some part can't be real because it's fiction, and as fiction like blood results takes 10 minutes to come back and an autopsy takes max 15, but it's the most realistic fiction I've seen so far, and I've seen a lot!
  • Awesome Awesome Awesome

I loved it, I couldn't wait till it came back. Great combo and mix. One of the best shows on tv. Love the dynamic between Rusty and Sharon, My only low pint is Julio. So tired of the sad sack face. Get over it or move on with him I say Otherwise keep them coming!!!!!!!!!
  • One of the best Crime Procedural Shows on TV

The only people who hate this show are non-liberals who think every liberal show has an agenda, or people who hate Rusty (in reality Rusty, when he isn't being a little shit, is quite well written). When The Closer was on, it was applauded for it's in-depth look at a female cop juxtaposing her working life and personal life. Major Crimes is doing the same, but the first four years have focused on a female cop's relationship with a teenager instead of a boyfriend/husband. This is yet a different look into how female cops juggle everything, and it is very insightful to Sharon Raydor's personality. I, for one, am finding it breathtaking to watch Sharon evolve over every season. In 7 years, we've seen Darth Raydor turn to a loving mother, a fierce friend, an understanding Captain, and now, a hesitant girlfriend who needs to take it slow as her heart has been broken before. Every episode I'm learning new things about Sharon and her past based on how she reacts to situations. No other crime procedural is doing that, and that's what is fascinating about this show and The Closer. If I wanted JUST a crime procedural, there are 20 shows on television that I could watch. But I want a crime show with heart, with feeling and emotions and love and goodness. I want a show that is personal because I want to be invested in these characters, and I can't fully do that unless I KNOW them. I know these Major Crimes characters. I am invested in their future. I care about them. I must add one other reason why I like this show - the actors. I find TNT's reluctance to do any sort of advertising for this show deplorable. Yet, the actors are doing their part by getting on social media and giving us BTS photos and videos. They believe in this show so much that they are putting everything they have out there. That means something to me. Any show can be popular if their company advertises enough. But Major Crimes is #2 on TNT WITHOUT advertising. Why is that? Because this show, these characters, and these actors show HEART and DEDICATION. Because of that, I'm showing it too.
  • Great Show

This show is really great and well written. I love it !!!! The actors are (almost) all so great it's what make this show amazing, thanks to the magnificent performance of Mary McDonnell as Captain Sharon Raydor and Graham Patrick Martin as Rusty Beck !! All the relationship between the caracters make the show really real and human.

Must be watching.
  • Major Crimes A Real Treat

Major Crimes continues to showcase interesting and intricate police stories in a way that doesn't at all feel procedural. It's strength lies in remaining with the diverse ensemble cast throughout the story - seeing it through their eyes and relating through their own humanity. Each of these characters brings something unique to the table - they aren't formulaic, but instead are real people, flaws and all. They are led by the indomitable Mary McDonnell, who brings all her unbelievable skill to the table in her portrayal of Sharon Raydor. Every week this shows asks a question of the audience, and leaves it up to them to answer it. It doesn't preach, it informs, and it's a trait unique to this show, and I believe is the secret to it being such a success and enduring long beyond it predecessor The Closer.

Major Crimes is well worth the watch, and I recommend it with great enthusiasm!
  • The best show on TV!

Where do I begin?! There isn't enough words to describe the brilliance of this show! It just gets better and stronger every season. The writing is intelligent, the characters are well developed and multi-layered, they aren't just simple and forgettable. I love every single one!

The cast are AMAZING, I mean hello, Mary McDonnell's the lead! (Not biased in anyway, no not me ;) ) The chemistry between the actors is smooth and organic. They also always seems to strike the right balance between having drama and comic relief, providing us many memorable moments.

The relationships are real, they're very human, they aren't rushed, we just need to look at how Sharon has progressed from the start with the team to where they are now. Her relationship with Andy has felt natural and hasn't felt pushed in anyway. We've been allowed to see their friendship blossom in to something truly lovely while seeing Sharon who has been hurt previously open herself up again to the idea of love.

The show gets to your heart, or at least it does to mine, you begin to feel for the characters and invest time in them and want them to do well.

This is a show is like no other, it's unique and special. It always will deserve more recognition and praise as enough will be never be enough.

(I'm still getting over that Shandy breakfast scene :D So cute!!!)
  • Great Show!

Although not perfect, Major Crimes does an amazing job as a crime drama television series which did an amazing job transitioning from The Closer to the beginning of this series. Unlike most crime dramas I watch such as Castle, CSI and Bones, Major Crimes has a kind of realism to it. No particular individual is uncannily smart or amazing at what they do (eg. Bones where is a highly sought after anthropologist or Castle where Kate Beckett is seen as almost like a celebrity and Castle is a well received crime writer) however as a team they respect eachother and work well togethe. With reoccurring storylines things tend to get a little on the unbelievable side however things do need to be changed up a bit for people to stay interested, so I respect that.

Major Crimes also tries to include all types of people Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Whites and even Gays within the main storyline. It's not overwhelming and they dont shove it in your face. Its just there.

They solve crimes, the personal drama doesn't usually get incorporated into the crime and is usually just a back story - sometimes annoying but like I said - needed to keep people interested. (If you want to watch people just solve crimes go watch a true crime show)

Not perfect, but I love the show for a reason. Major Crimes, you're doing something right.
  • big fan

I thought it was well worth the wait! Actors, Writers, Directors and everyone else involved did a great job. Love Rusty's next chapter, felt bad for Julio as he must have been reliving his wife's last days in the hospital and hope Andy is up and able very soon. I love this show and am glad it's back!

• Major Crimes

Loved this new episode. Great stories for the characters, beautiful intensity and lots of cute shandy moments. Can't wait to see the rest.
  • Major crimes !!!

Adored the show !!!! Love it !!!! I hope they last forever !!!!
  • Irreplaceable Rusty

Major Crimes' characterizations are as excellent as The Closer's, including Rusty who adds even more depth and complexity to character and plot arcs. I love it, but it seems as if some writers left sometime during the first season. It is not quite as deep, and humor is unfortunately lacking compared to The Closer. The writing was one strong reason it was such a winner.
  • I actually love this show

Wow, this seems to be the place to come and comment about hating the show. I really love it. Love the dry humour and the characters and the police work. The Rusty storyline was turn the show off silly season three about the crush on the producer, but I'm quite happy with how things have gone in season four. This year he gets about five minutes of screen time total most episodes. I don't have a problem with gay characters on-screen, it reflects life, and I wish they'd bring the boyfriend back and lay off the Rusty as reporter stuff instead. Rusty is arrogant, and does need to be put in his place from time to time and it's annoying when that isn't done, but sometimes even Provenza or Andy can be written as so pig-headed they are annoying. I'm more aggravated by the continuing Stroh storyline, it's gone past the point where it should have been resolved and you just know around the end of the season, here he comes again. This is one of my favourite shows at present and I'm waiting for November 2nd and new episodes.
  • Very good. Love it!

I love the show. I think it's much better than the Closer. Benda annoyed a lot.

I love Sharon Raydor character. And also Rusty.

And love how the rest of the cast now could shine.

Before, Brenda presence chocked the others.
  • really????

I love Major Crimes and the whole show since The Closer. I can't understand how someone can not love Mary McDonnell as Sharon Raydor should look after the big is going on in this show and I love it. Everybody does an amazing job. The . I'm not a fan of we need him . And you should never forget to respect an actor . Greets from Germany
  • MR. NEAL

MAJOR CRIMES: GREAT CAST. GET RID OF MARY MCDONNELL. CAN'T STAND HER ROLL. SHE MUST BE GOOD AS AN ACTRESS TO PUT OVER SUCH HATEFUL ROLL TO STOP ME FROM WATCHING ANY MORE.
  • Rusty time is minimal at best

All you people complaining about Rusty: Time out exactly how much screen time is dedicated to him and/or his stories. It's only 2-4 minutes per episode on average during the course of a season. If it's more, he's integrated into another plot. It's usually less.
  • major improvement on the closer

a much better show than the closer

Just another hackneyed crime drama in an urban setting where the cast playing the police and DA's are very racially diverse and the criminals are ALWAYS white. After the first 3 episodes, I'm done.
  • leave Rusty alone

Honesty, you all will hate me for this but I don't care. Just wanna say it.

Rusty is the best thing that happened to this show since Major Crimes kicked off!

Ever since Brenda left all the energy in the show just died. Brenda made everybody shine. She is such an amazing and charismatic actress that she infused every scene she was in with such buzzing energy that there was plenty to go around and make other actor combust with it. Sheron was a good character while she was in the Closer because she played well with Brenda but alone she brings the energy down. They have crowded her face with hair and glasses so much to cover up her age that you barely see the acting. Provenza is just old now (don't get me wrong I love him but still) everyone is old and heavy and it seems like the actors are not excited by their jobs anymore. Rusty is young, fresh, sympathetic and adds lightness even if his story is heavy the actor manages to bring energy in other wise dull show. I mean come on, I dare you to watch the first 3 or 4 eps of season 1 Closer and then any ep of Major crimes. See the difference?

• I am surprised by how much I like Raydor!

I never was a fan of Brenda and all her overacting and annoying mannerisms, but I decided to endure her because I love all the rest of the cast, including the unfortunate husband. The only character I liked less than Brenda was Raydor... Well of course, we all were supposed to hate her stiffness as opposed to Brenda's impulsivity. and supposedly refreshing lack of respect for rules.

I was happy to see finally Brenda go and even happier to see her team kept alive, but I really was revolted by the idea of Raydor as their captain! But in 3 episodes she won me over completely, and she is now one of my favourite female detectives. She has her weaknesses and she won't be afraid to show them... and I am very happy that she won Costanza over too! Looking forward to next season :D
  • Pleasant surprise

I've forgotten how much i enjoy this show

It's done so well without Brenda. All the characters are worth continuing. And i don't mind dry Raydor, but the guys are very funny!
  • Awesome Police Episode.

I thought this was pretty great show of the capability of the LAPD. I thought wow at the resources and planning they can deploy. Most impressive. Am not sure its real but they sure looked great in this episode. Something tells me there's the beginnings of a spin-off in all of this.
  • A goofy idea to revive the show

4.5
    Get Captain Raydor killed while saving Rusty and replace her with Carrie Preston from The Good Wife (among others) who is kind of awesome.

What do you think
  • Captain Raydor's Husband

Please end this character. This is one of my favorite shows. His face looks like a train wreck unfortunately. He is scary looking. The person who did the plastic surgery should only work on people who want to look like they belong in a horror show. He takes away from the show.
  • RUSTY

The show is just fine, just a little bit different from the closer BUT there is this character " Rusty" who I with my whole heart HATE. This character is SO DAMN ANNOYING and therefore i stopped watching this show. I hope he dies soon.
  • Major Crimes

Need to get rid of the new DA or rewrite the script because she is definitely not a good choice and usually the DA doesn't show up at crime scenes. I love the show and hope they do not cancel it just get rid of this NEW DA.
  • Rusty is human factor for the show, less of a cop show.

This is the best writing, best acting show on TV today. People get hung up on Rusty, but he just makes Sharon shine. With all the stress, she can just calmly answer his questions. I am not always sure why it is important for us to see the show from Rusty's prospective, but this is still fantastic and worth waiting for.
  • Season 3!

Thank Goodness, we're getting a new season! Major Crimes has nicely evolved into a great Show. It took me some time to let go of Brenda but Sharon is so different from her, that it didn't take me very long to really like her. I even warmed up to ADA Rios, although I really couldn't stand her much for the most part of the season. I hope Rusty doesn't disappear, he did a superb job in court and finally we got rid of the bad guy, or so I hope. If I could get a wish granted, I would hope for a tiny guest appearance of Brenda in the next season.
< 1 2 3 4 5