Major Crimes

Monday 9:00 PM on TNT Premiered Aug 13, 2012 In Season

laurameyer

Major Crimes Fan Reviews (70)

• Very good. Love it!

I love the show. I think it's much better than the Closer. Benda annoyed a lot.

I love Sharon Raydor character. And also Rusty.

And love how the rest of the cast now could shine.

Before, Brenda presence chocked the others.
  • major improvement on the closer

a much better show than the closer

• Pleasant surprise

I've forgotten how much i enjoy this show

It's done so well without Brenda. All the characters are worth continuing. And i don't mind dry Raydor, but the guys are very funny!
  • RUSTYS WORLD , YIKES

Alas, where is The Closer, This kid is absolutely annoying. Lets get back to the crime solving & the

banter between the detectives. Perhaps they are after the TWEEN demographics, I am just about ready to

chuck it after never missing an episode of the Closer & Major Crimes. Last nights was so boring

Bad acting, Bad dialogue
  • MR. NEAL

MAJOR CRIMES: GREAT CAST. GET RID OF MARY MCDONNELL. CAN'T STAND HER ROLL. SHE MUST BE GOOD AS AN ACTRESS TO PUT OVER SUCH HATEFUL ROLL TO STOP ME FROM WATCHING ANY MORE.

Just another hackneyed crime drama in an urban setting where the cast playing the police and DA's are very racially diverse and the criminals are ALWAYS white. After the first 3 episodes, I'm done.
  • I am surprised by how much I like Raydor!

I never was a fan of Brenda and all her overacting and annoying mannerisms, but I decided to endure her because I love all the rest of the cast, including the unfortunate husband. The only character I liked less than Brenda was Raydor... Well of course, we all were supposed to hate her stiffness as opposed to Brenda's impulsivity. and supposedly refreshing lack of respect for rules.

I was happy to see finally Brenda go and even happier to see her team kept alive, but I really was revolted by the idea of Raydor as their captain! But in 3 episodes she won me over completely, and she is now one of my favourite female detectives. She has her weaknesses and she won't be afraid to show them... and I am very happy that she won Costanza over too! Looking forward to next season :D
  • Great Show!

Although not perfect, Major Crimes does an amazing job as a crime drama television series which did an amazing job transitioning from The Closer to the beginning of this series. Unlike most crime dramas I watch such as Castle, CSI and Bones, Major Crimes has a kind of realism to it. No particular individual is uncannily smart or amazing at what they do (eg. Bones where is a highly sought after anthropologist or Castle where Kate Beckett is seen as almost like a celebrity and Castle is a well received crime writer) however as a team they respect eachother and work well togethe. With reoccurring storylines things tend to get a little on the unbelievable side however things do need to be changed up a bit for people to stay interested, so I respect that.

Major Crimes also tries to include all types of people Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Whites and even Gays within the main storyline. It's not overwhelming and they dont shove it in your face. Its just there.

They solve crimes, the personal drama doesn't usually get incorporated into the crime and is usually just a back story - sometimes annoying but like I said - needed to keep people interested. (If you want to watch people just solve crimes go watch a true crime show)

Not perfect, but I love the show for a reason. Major Crimes, you're doing something right.
  • Storyline did NOT have to go into the gay-ness agenda

I will not watch any more Major Crimes. Last night's show went over the edge. Stop pushing the gay agenda on everyone. This did not add anything to the series and I would rather not see it.

I'm done with Major Crimes. Rusty should have been written off in the second season.
  • Never Ending Ending of Stroe

I really like this show, but tonight's cliffhanger is frustrating. I have lost interest in the obsession with Stroe. Let's dispense with his capture quickly, and then move onto a different story line, or to his trial. Maybe he could die in an auto accident, or have a heart attack, get robbed and shot, but please end the interminable Stroe story line.
  • Captain Raydor's Husband

Please end this character. This is one of my favorite shows. His face looks like a train wreck unfortunately. He is scary looking. The person who did the plastic surgery should only work on people who want to look like they belong in a horror show. He takes away from the show.
  • leave Rusty alone

Honesty, you all will hate me for this but I don't care. Just wanna say it.

Rusty is the best thing that happened to this show since Major Crimes kicked off!

Ever since Brenda left all the energy in the show just died. Brenda made everybody shine. She is such an amazing and charismatic actress that she infused every scene she was in with such buzzing energy that there was plenty to go around and make other actor combust with it. Sheron was a good character while she was in the Closer because she played well with Brenda but alone she brings the energy down. They have crowded her face with hair and glasses so much to cover up her age that you barely see the acting. Provenza is just old now (don't get me wrong I love him but still) everyone is old and heavy and it seems like the actors are not excited by their jobs anymore. Rusty is young, fresh, sympathetic and adds lightness even if his story is heavy the actor manages to bring energy in other wise dull show. I mean come on, I dare you to watch the first 3 or 4 eps of season 1 Closer and then any ep of Major crimes. See the difference?

• RUSTY

The show is just fine, just a little bit different from the closer BUT there is this character " Rusty" who I with my whole heart HATE. This character is SO DAMN ANNOYING and therefore i stopped watching this show. I hope he dies soon.
  • Major Crimes

Need to get rid of the new DA or rewrite the script because she is definitely not a good choice and usually the DA doesn't show up at crime scenes. I love the show and hope they do not cancel it just get rid of this NEW DA.
  • Season 3!

Thank Goodness, we're getting a new season! Major Crimes has nicely evolved into a great Show. It took me some time to let go of Brenda but Sharon is so different from her, that it didn't take me very long to really like her. I even warmed up to ADA Rios, although I really couldn't stand her much for the most part of the season. I hope Rusty doesn't disappear, he did a superb job in court and finally we got rid of the bad guy, or so I hope. If I could get a wish granted, I would hope for a tiny guest appearance of Brenda in the next season.
  • Major Crimes 2013

I was very pleased that the end of the Closer did not mean the end of our Major Crimes detectives. They are awesome. And, surprisingly, I have really gotten to like Captain Raydor. But, what is a little scary is the fact that there is no way this show is going to survive the new DDA Rios. She can't act and is nothing short of obnoxious! Had lunch with some friends today, friends who also think Major Crimes is one of the best shows on TV. Three of them have stopped watching the new season already because of DDA Rios. Please, please eliminate her before the show is cancelled.
  • Will miss this show

I didn't think the show would be good without "Brenda Lee" but it is. Different but a good. I miss Brenda, and hoped she would make an appearance. But Mary McDonnell does an excellent job. I read some don;t like "rusty" but I do. I find myself pondering how Mary and the boy interact, even days after the show, and that rarely happens to me. I find the show to be poignant and exciting - great story line. I also like the way police officers are shown to be effective AND have a heart. Wish the show had more episodes though. Thanks!
  • Major Success!

I am enjoying your show and I love Mary McDonnell! Keep up the good work! We are watching!
  • I Just Want To Watch A Show...

Here's a tip for the writers of Major Crimes. Quit trying so hard to be cultural reformists and just write a good story. All you do is dilute the characters so that show is more like an after school special than an adult drama.
  • A goofy idea to revive the show

4.5
    Get Captain Raydor killed while saving Rusty and replace her with Carrie Preston from The Good Wife (among others) who is kind of awesome.

What do you think
  • The Closer Fans

Overall Great Show !!

but I miss Brenda, please please get her as guest appearance sometimes, after all she is new Chief DA Biro Investigation if I'm not mistaken it should be related sometimes.
  • rusty as nails

for a street smart character, rusty is totally clueless and whiney. if the writer have created a character based on clichs. His story is stale and boring. its like sounder and of mice and men put together.

i just mute the dialogue everytime he approaches on screen. Furthermore, a chess player who thinks of strategy 20-50 or more moves ahead is so naive. he is not a complex character, he is a dense character.

if fact rusty is a good name because his mind is not as nimble as the much older characters on the show.

i have a hard time understanding why rusty was written into the it cannot be his sexual orientation because being gay is so yesterday.

maybe it the days of our lives part of the series.
  • Major crimes

If this show has any chance they have got to get rid of the new .
  • major crimes

if it wasn't for George, this show would be a dud. aside from that the new prosecutor is redic. get rid of her asap

bring back Kyra, plz
  • Awesome Police Episode.

I thought this was pretty great show of the capability of the LAPD. I thought wow at the resources and planning they can deploy. Most impressive. Am not sure its real but they sure looked great in this episode. Something tells me there's the beginnings of a spin-off in all of this.
  • Great Show

Absolutely love this show and thrilled it WAS renewed! It was the #1 New Series Cable Premier in cable history! And for good reason!

Mary McDonnell and cast have taken what had been a good show with The Closer and elevated it to the next level!!

Kudos to the cast and crew for a job brilliantly done!

Looking forward to S2 in the summer of 2013!!!
  • a fresh start..

I never thought I could love the show this much.. I am a great fan of The Closer, with Brenda and her antiquities and everything.. and I also hated the idea of Taylor being the chief (I still do).. yet, no matter how emotionless and cold and obssesively law abading Capt. Raydor character is, the whole show feels refreshened and addictive.. I liked Rusty from the first scene, his sort of adoption by Raydor made it even better, and seeing more scene time and in depth character development of the detectives makes the show even more lovable.. plus in the last two seasons Brenda was beginning to get on my nerves a little, becoming a very tiring person, therefore seeing someone doing the same thing, and proving that they can be done by the book, is also a sort of refreshing viewpoint.. a whole big well done goes here..
  • WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO MAJOR CRIMES????????

USED TO BE ONE OF OUR FAVORITE BACK WHEN IT WAS THE CLOSER. IT SEEMS TO GET SILLIER EVERY WEEK BEING THE WORST! CONSTANT REFERENCES TO GAY LIFESTYLES, USE OF OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE, WAAAAAAAAAAAY TO MUCH ENOUGH CRIME SOLVING! OUR NEIGHBORS JUST DISGUSTED AND ARE SIGNING OFF!
  • Really Disappointed

I've recently been watching reruns of The Closer, which had many of the same characters as Major Crimes and I'd forgotten how good that show was. I can't say the same for the spin-off. It seems like the only plot line these writers can come up with involves the Rusty character's homosexuality. Surely somewhere in Hollywood there must be at least one or two straight writers.

I'm going on hiatus as a viewer.
  • Boring

Why is that kid on the show? There are enough characters on the show to build a story around without adding an unruly child. I think the show is horrible, and if the writers of The Closer left with Kyra Sedgwick, they need to give them whatever they want to bring them back.On a scale of 1-10 I give Major Crimes -10 :(

< 1 2 3