Major Crimes

Monday 9:00 PM on TNT Premiered Aug 13, 2012 In Season

laurameyer

Major Crimes Fan Reviews (59)

7.8
  • Different from the closer but love it

I personally think that the character of Captain Raydor is quite interesting, very subtle but that would be nice to see/know a bit more about her (going deeper in a character).

Maybe this is the reason why I find that the presence of Rusty in the show is really a plus. I love to see his own evolution and above all his relationship and interactions with the different members of the team.
  • Major Crimes Disappointment

We've been loyal followers of The Closer and now Major Crimes. Last Monday's opening 2014 season show was a great disappointment. The issue is Rusty. This is the third season of Rusty and his woes monopolizing the show. What a soap opera!
  • Hurray for Season 3!

Yea! There will be a Season 3! Thank you to the wonderful people at TNT who kept this fantastic crew, well most of the crew, together. Great Drama. Great Acting, superb storytelling.
  • Awful

The worst acting I've ever seen. Not just one or two.. The whole thing! Their movements don't go with the words. The words are choppy and they are reading them instead of becoming their characters. Just listening to it.. Drives me crazy. Actors are suppose to act.. Not read from script and stutter! Shhessh. So bad. Please take this off the air until they learn how to act. (Or find those who can) funny this site won't let me give it a 1 rating.
  • Horrible.

Captain Raydor is so boring, monotone and blase...Sydgwick made it interesting and intense,,,,watching as she solved every crime and always procured a confession with just the wording she chose. I can't watch Major Crimes....it's just so boring compaired with The Closer. I, too, expect a cancellation soon. Lt. Provenza is the only reason anyone would watch this show...he far surpasses Raydor in entertainment ability.
  • i'm amazed

At first i throught that this would be just another the closer and when i first watch the episode one i believed i was right but i keep watching out of loyaulty to the cast of the closer and mary mcdonnell whom i a big fan of. And i really happy to discover that not only the writter are giving major crimes a real identity and new story line but also give to mary mcdonnell a chance to show that wonderfull ability she has to shows so much emotion in the way she plays . the shows is a big it for me and i hope there will be much more episodes. THe whole cast deserve it!!!
  • Damaging .

Major Crimes is my favorite police drama these days. However,

The new Rios, does not fit with the chemistry that the other characters have on the show.

She is not very convincing and her acting is nauseating!! She's a beautiful woman but she cannot pull off this part! Captain Raydor filled the tough gal, hard nose, part on the Closer and Major Crimes will have a difficult time finding a female actress that is as classy and sophisticated to take on that role in the series now that she is so likable now. Perhaps they should go with a male actor instead. Nonetheless, I enjoy the show and prefer it over any other police series.
  • RENEWED?! Oh thank you God!

So many really good shows are cancelled even before they've had a chance to gain a good audience and replaced with reality rubbish or really cr*ppy shows that are really bad and yet have a good enough audience to warrant renewal - it's a real breath of fresh air to find a show like this one getting renewed and the fan base continuing to grow. I agree with many that it's better than The Closer; in fact I think it's one of the best shows around overall right now.
  • Lots of Potential

I have scene some truly dramatic moments so far. Particularly between Captain Raydor and Rusty. I'm anxious to see how Rusty's character develops as well as the relationship between him, Raydor and the rest of the team. I'm guessing that the seeming lack of real emotion from Raydor about much of anything is part of the plot development. Mary McDonnell is a much better actor than we are seeing from her character. I would like to see the writers not suddenly inject a bit of stupid into a character to move the plot along. Having Sykes walk up to a group of people one of who she did not know and blurt out confidential info about someone was too stupid even for someone new to the Major Crimes unit. Also, they should keep in mind that Rust is supposed to be a 16 year old former street hustler. Let's not make him say lines that makes him sound like a spoiled 12 year old. Based on what we know about his character, Rusty wouldn't know much about being spoiled. Looking forward to more of the high drama scenes. Same thing applies to Provenza. He's over not being in charge of Major Crimes. We've seen him be supportive to Capt. Raydor. Move on.
  • Comfort Factor - Jonathan Del Arco

I find it a major change from The Closer in many ways, but I like it. I think there's a comfort factor as we see the continuation of favorite characters from the original. That's what's keeping me interested.

FWIW, I think Jonathan del Arco's character should get a spin-off show. The actor's mercurial, yet deeply dedicated and darkly humorous approach to his role as Medical Examiner is wonderful, and there are a lot of ho-hum examples out there.
  • Please get rid of Rusty

We love Provenza and the other characters. Rusty does not add anything to the drama. He takes away from the focus. Solving crimes
  • No, no, no

3.5
    This show is too slow, Raydor is not interesting enough as a main character...I expect a cancellation in the near future.
  • 2014's 1st, Worst Episode Ever

After 7 years on "The Closer" & one more on "Major Crimes" these detectives are battle hardened. Thus, all the melodramatic emoting on Monday's opener, was nauseatingly inconsistent. Granted, a genuine "steel magnolia" like Brenda Leigh Johnson (brilliantly played by Kyra Sedgewick) may be impossible to top. But without another strong, central character, who has also been blessed with physical beauty; this show will never pull the ratings to be renewed in 2015. And, since I am partial to real, steel magnolias; I respectfully suggest 2 genuine Southern babes/belles, as potential candidates:

Georgia's Kim Bassinger & Alabama's Sela Ward. And ya'll, please don't forget to bring along those sweet Southern accents.

No offense to Mary McDonnell, but the way Capt. Sharon Raydor is currently written, her character is simply not strong enough to carry a "major" series.

Based on episode 1, some better writers should not be far behind.
  • Writers failing to match lines to projected personality of Mary Mcdonell

If the shows writers and Mary Mc Donnell don't jettison this overly silent unmoving face muscles type personality projection the show will fail... Their is no multi- faceted dimension in her script or even camera direction upon her close ups. Writers, Producers you need to show development this character at a speed much greater then you are or you all will be out of a job next season... allow her to show some brilliance in the script plot not just the silent but always observing because it to droll the way your trying to have it come across.

Your making decent actors look awful.....
  • Get rid of Rusty

I am tired of him. Winey little twit. The latest episode with the frozen head almost caused me to turn if off. That was awful. Are there new writer? If so, get rid of them too. Very disappointing show.
  • Why rusty is still in the show

I stop watching during season 2 because i feel rusty as character just does not fit in a show like this. And it is just really annoying to see his problems intersect with every episode of crime solving. I understand teenagers with such background would have a lot problems of his own, but the way he behaves and all really make me hard to like him. And now when i watch season 3 and he is still in the show with his new problem (mother in rehab) just want to make me stop watching again. What does he contribute to storyline , why is he still in the show problem is the mystery i would never understand.
  • Where is the award winning writing?

The monotone voice of Captain Raydor actually causes my TV to reverberate during her lines. I think my speakers are trying too hard to find a voice, a sound. And must we suffer through Rusty? He has no depth. I know I speak for many former, "The Closer" fans, when I say, we could not care less about that wining, self pitying Rusty. I fast forward through his scenes and I actually feel sorry for the actor. I wish the writers, producers and whomever else has any say would snap back to the mission at hand. Give us a good who-done-it with players we care about.
  • Rusty is human factor for the show, less of a cop show.

This is the best writing, best acting show on TV today. People get hung up on Rusty, but he just makes Sharon shine. With all the stress, she can just calmly answer his questions. I am not always sure why it is important for us to see the show from Rusty's prospective, but this is still fantastic and worth waiting for.
  • Great Show

Absolutely love this show and thrilled it WAS renewed! It was the #1 New Series Cable Premier in cable history! And for good reason!

Mary McDonnell and cast have taken what had been a good show with The Closer and elevated it to the next level!!

Kudos to the cast and crew for a job brilliantly done!

Looking forward to S2 in the summer of 2013!!!
  • a fresh start..

I never thought I could love the show this much.. I am a great fan of The Closer, with Brenda and her antiquities and everything.. and I also hated the idea of Taylor being the chief (I still do).. yet, no matter how emotionless and cold and obssesively law abading Capt. Raydor character is, the whole show feels refreshened and addictive.. I liked Rusty from the first scene, his sort of adoption by Raydor made it even better, and seeing more scene time and in depth character development of the detectives makes the show even more lovable.. plus in the last two seasons Brenda was beginning to get on my nerves a little, becoming a very tiring person, therefore seeing someone doing the same thing, and proving that they can be done by the book, is also a sort of refreshing viewpoint.. a whole big well done goes here..
  • I miss Kyra's sparkle but happy that the show must go on!

I was so pleased that they continued this show as I fell in love with so many of the characters over the 7 seasons of The Closer. It is a bit hard to watch Captain Raydor's monotone personality but since adding Rusty it is nice to see a bit of her soft side. Is this just the way that she talks normally or is it the way that direction wanted to see her character? I think that I will google an interview with her not in character and find out for curiosities sake! Either way I am enjoying the show and still so pleased that almost all of the original cast are still around!! I hope that this show lasts quite a while and so pleased of the rumour I heard that they have renewed season 3!! Let's get at least 12 seasons out of this one!!! Maybe even Kyra can guest spot on a few episodes!! I do enjoy seeing Fritzy around now and then!! Too bad his show King and Maxwell floppedI enjoyed that onebut I guess it keeps him coming back to Major Crimes right?! I rated this show a 9.5 for the sole fact that I have not heard Sharon laugh or seen her cry just yet.
  • LOVE MAJOR CRIMES!

Although I loved 'The Closer' and looked forward to it, I did get tired of Chief Brenda-Leah always yelling and putting people down. Her ego was over-the-top. Captain Raydor is a nice change - she gets upset when appropriate; not just to spout off like Brenda-Leah. I like her approach to 'walking them to their jail cell'.

Sure, it's an adjustment yet, give it a chance! I for one wish it were on twice a week. I like this kid Rusty coming on board. I know why he is built into the show yet wouldn't surprise me if Captain Raydor ended up being his guardian/adopting. What I don't get is Fritz being there and Brenda never appearing; even at home. I'm sure he wants to be on the show yet, it seems awkward now for him there.
  • Enough of the Sharon and Rusty Show

I was tired of the Rusty character last year, now we are building the character further. I can appreciate actors want jobs and empathize with that aspect, but the "major crime" appears to be perpetrated on the audience. If the producers believed this would add humanity to the former internal affairs officer's life, it is not working for me. Rusty is an unwanted distraction. Can we focus on police work again?
  • Major Success!

I am enjoying your show and I love Mary McDonnell! Keep up the good work! We are watching!
  • Two options, july 21 episode the best

I think this week's episode, Two Options, was the best Major Crimes that has been made so far. It felt like The Closer and was back to police work. Of course having Fritz active in the show always helps. The way the filming was handled was outstanding. Helicopters, police on the scene and in the department, all working together. Loved it. What I didn't like was the woman in the red jacket who was a DA I think. Bad actress and added nothing. They could have just gone with the Chief's input and been fine. Hope Fritz ends up joining the show permanently. I agree that Rusty is annoying. He needs to go off to college and off the show!
  • Major Crimes

awesome series
  • rusty as nails

for a street smart character, rusty is totally clueless and whiney. if the writer have created a character based on clichs. His story is stale and boring. its like sounder and of mice and men put together.

i just mute the dialogue everytime he approaches on screen. Furthermore, a chess player who thinks of strategy 20-50 or more moves ahead is so naive. he is not a complex character, he is a dense character.

if fact rusty is a good name because his mind is not as nimble as the much older characters on the show.

i have a hard time understanding why rusty was written into the it cannot be his sexual orientation because being gay is so yesterday.

maybe it the days of our lives part of the series.
  • Closer's Clash

Full of personality, energetic, emotional Brenda vs. plastic, monotone, boring Raydor: Get rid of Raydor and make sure she takes annoying Rusty with her. Replace her with an outsider because the other characters need to stay just as they were on The Closer. Their personalities with all their flaws are so entertaining.

Let's see season 2's ratings are very low, but the show is surviving. That's not a success story. Could it be that plastic Raydor and pain-in-the-@$$ Rusty are hurting the show?! I am the biggest Closer fan out there, and no one wants to see this show survive more than I. Still love the show Law and Order, and no show changed actors more often, so it's not a Brenda withdrawal issue. I mean there's times I thought Fritzi should've knocked her out lol. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who's keeping Major Crimes from being the success it should be.
  • Storyline did NOT have to go into the gay-ness agenda

I will not watch any more Major Crimes. Last night's show went over the edge. Stop pushing the gay agenda on everyone. This did not add anything to the series and I would rather not see it.

I'm done with Major Crimes. Rusty should have been written off in the second season.
  • Major crimes

I enjoyed the show. Will not be watching it again. Ruined it with Rusty.
< 1 2