Major Crimes

Monday 9:00 PM on TNT Premiered Aug 13, 2012 Returning Winter 2014

laurameyer

Major Crimes Fan Reviews (57)

7.8
  • rusty as nails

for a street smart character, rusty is totally clueless and whiney. if the writer have created a character based on clichs. His story is stale and boring. its like sounder and of mice and men put together.

i just mute the dialogue everytime he approaches on screen. Furthermore, a chess player who thinks of strategy 20-50 or more moves ahead is so naive. he is not a complex character, he is a dense character.

if fact rusty is a good name because his mind is not as nimble as the much older characters on the show.

i have a hard time understanding why rusty was written into the it cannot be his sexual orientation because being gay is so yesterday.

maybe it the days of our lives part of the series.
  • Major Crimes

It is a great show why is it not on Chanel nine anymore I score a 9.9
  • Please get rid of Rusty

We love Provenza and the other characters. Rusty does not add anything to the drama. He takes away from the focus. Solving crimes
  • Rusty has overstayed his welcome...

I wasn't very sympathetic towards the Rusty character from his introduction into the series. He was selfish, a hustler and manipulative then and he is even more a self-centered, deceitful, manipulative, whiner and scamster now. His character took advantage of Sharon when she was vulnerable and feeling unsure of herself as she took over Major Crimes. I love the show. I think it could be as good as The Closer if you just get rid of him. I thought you'd faze his character out by now because he is sapping the vitality of the show. And , now you make the whining, self-centered brat gay! I love the show but I am so sick of the Rusty character monopolizing EVERY program I'm about ready to change channels. The Major Crimes cast needs to get back to doing their jobs and investigate and solve crimes along with a little humor and more involvement of the other characters.
  • Episode and Rusty

I think this episode was the first episode of the new show that was really good. I mean on the level of scripting I had expected after watching "The Closer". I do not need hard hitting violence, but I do expect a good crime drama with periods of comic relief or personal depth.

Over the past 2 seasons it has been all about Rusty, his testimony, evolution of a new life and the changes in Provenza/squad as they all took on a more paternalistic role. That was all good, but it was too much. Was he supposed to be the replacement for Brenda's family?

It became so much this season that whenever I saw him on the screen, I skipped over the dialog. I did not care to hear him at all. I wanted to focus on the crime drama not his personal issues.

But that was me, my wife liked him.
  • My $0.02

I still like the show well enough to watch but it could have been sooo much better. I don't hate the Rusty character but I can see why so many do. My gripe is that he crowds out the old cast. The spinoff should have been a golden opportunity to expand their roles. If anything, the opposite has happened - they almost might as well be gone along with Brenda. Provenza is little more than Rusty's chaperone these days. I thought we had seen the last of Rusty but it doesn't look like he's going the way of Wil Wheaton anytime soon.

As for Raydor, she's an OK character but should not have taken over the show so completely. The Closer was much more balanced, especially when you factor in the departed Pope and Gabriel.

[Edit 24Jul2014} I wish I could add new posts instead of editing the old one. The 21Jul2014 episode was a vast improvement. Rusty was appropriately peripheral. Julio got shot (again) because -and only because - he was warned not to use his weapon for "legal liability" reasons. The pacing was excellent, and all cast members - even Sykes - were incorporated into the action. I didn't follow why Fritz had to be the one to blow the perp's brains out, but it was satisfying to see him do it so dispassionately. More episodes like this could turn a borderline spinoff into a bona fide hit in its own right.

• Awesome Police Episode.

I thought this was pretty great show of the capability of the LAPD. I thought wow at the resources and planning they can deploy. Most impressive. Am not sure its real but they sure looked great in this episode. Something tells me there's the beginnings of a spin-off in all of this.
  • Two options, july 21 episode the best

I think this week's episode, Two Options, was the best Major Crimes that has been made so far. It felt like The Closer and was back to police work. Of course having Fritz active in the show always helps. The way the filming was handled was outstanding. Helicopters, police on the scene and in the department, all working together. Loved it. What I didn't like was the woman in the red jacket who was a DA I think. Bad actress and added nothing. They could have just gone with the Chief's input and been fine. Hope Fritz ends up joining the show permanently. I agree that Rusty is annoying. He needs to go off to college and off the show!
  • leave Rusty alone

Honesty, you all will hate me for this but I don't care. Just wanna say it.

Rusty is the best thing that happened to this show since Major Crimes kicked off!

Ever since Brenda left all the energy in the show just died. Brenda made everybody shine. She is such an amazing and charismatic actress that she infused every scene she was in with such buzzing energy that there was plenty to go around and make other actor combust with it. Sheron was a good character while she was in the Closer because she played well with Brenda but alone she brings the energy down. They have crowded her face with hair and glasses so much to cover up her age that you barely see the acting. Provenza is just old now (don't get me wrong I love him but still) everyone is old and heavy and it seems like the actors are not excited by their jobs anymore. Rusty is young, fresh, sympathetic and adds lightness even if his story is heavy the actor manages to bring energy in other wise dull show. I mean come on, I dare you to watch the first 3 or 4 eps of season 1 Closer and then any ep of Major crimes. See the difference?

• RUSTYS WORLD , YIKES

Alas, where is The Closer, This kid is absolutely annoying. Lets get back to the crime solving & the

banter between the detectives. Perhaps they are after the TWEEN demographics, I am just about ready to

chuck it after never missing an episode of the Closer & Major Crimes. Last nights was so boring

Bad acting, Bad dialogue
  • How many more times?

You have to wonder if this Rusty character is meant to deliberately annoy the audience. Or does the actor who plays him have a powerful relative in charge of the production?

What is the little twerp as a civilian doing in the middle of the Major Crimes Incident Room listening to intimate details of a murder case, then relaying it to his psychiatrist?

How many more times. We don't care about Rusty. The character is intrusive and gets in the way of things which make the show worth watching. Get rid of him already!
  • Rusty is human factor for the show, less of a cop show.

This is the best writing, best acting show on TV today. People get hung up on Rusty, but he just makes Sharon shine. With all the stress, she can just calmly answer his questions. I am not always sure why it is important for us to see the show from Rusty's prospective, but this is still fantastic and worth waiting for.
  • Major crimes

I enjoyed the show. Will not be watching it again. Ruined it with Rusty.
  • Enough of the Sharon and Rusty Show

I was tired of the Rusty character last year, now we are building the character further. I can appreciate actors want jobs and empathize with that aspect, but the "major crime" appears to be perpetrated on the audience. If the producers believed this would add humanity to the former internal affairs officer's life, it is not working for me. Rusty is an unwanted distraction. Can we focus on police work again?
  • Get rid of Rusty

I am tired of him. Winey little twit. The latest episode with the frozen head almost caused me to turn if off. That was awful. Are there new writer? If so, get rid of them too. Very disappointing show.
  • Why rusty is still in the show

I stop watching during season 2 because i feel rusty as character just does not fit in a show like this. And it is just really annoying to see his problems intersect with every episode of crime solving. I understand teenagers with such background would have a lot problems of his own, but the way he behaves and all really make me hard to like him. And now when i watch season 3 and he is still in the show with his new problem (mother in rehab) just want to make me stop watching again. What does he contribute to storyline , why is he still in the show problem is the mystery i would never understand.
  • Where is the award winning writing?

The monotone voice of Captain Raydor actually causes my TV to reverberate during her lines. I think my speakers are trying too hard to find a voice, a sound. And must we suffer through Rusty? He has no depth. I know I speak for many former, "The Closer" fans, when I say, we could not care less about that wining, self pitying Rusty. I fast forward through his scenes and I actually feel sorry for the actor. I wish the writers, producers and whomever else has any say would snap back to the mission at hand. Give us a good who-done-it with players we care about.
  • Awful

The worst acting I've ever seen. Not just one or two.. The whole thing! Their movements don't go with the words. The words are choppy and they are reading them instead of becoming their characters. Just listening to it.. Drives me crazy. Actors are suppose to act.. Not read from script and stutter! Shhessh. So bad. Please take this off the air until they learn how to act. (Or find those who can) funny this site won't let me give it a 1 rating.
  • 2014's 1st, Worst Episode Ever

After 7 years on "The Closer" & one more on "Major Crimes" these detectives are battle hardened. Thus, all the melodramatic emoting on Monday's opener, was nauseatingly inconsistent. Granted, a genuine "steel magnolia" like Brenda Leigh Johnson (brilliantly played by Kyra Sedgewick) may be impossible to top. But without another strong, central character, who has also been blessed with physical beauty; this show will never pull the ratings to be renewed in 2015. And, since I am partial to real, steel magnolias; I respectfully suggest 2 genuine Southern babes/belles, as potential candidates:

Georgia's Kim Bassinger & Alabama's Sela Ward. And ya'll, please don't forget to bring along those sweet Southern accents.

No offense to Mary McDonnell, but the way Capt. Sharon Raydor is currently written, her character is simply not strong enough to carry a "major" series.

Based on episode 1, some better writers should not be far behind.
  • Major Crimes Disappointment

We've been loyal followers of The Closer and now Major Crimes. Last Monday's opening 2014 season show was a great disappointment. The issue is Rusty. This is the third season of Rusty and his woes monopolizing the show. What a soap opera!
  • Closer's Clash

Full of personality, energetic, emotional Brenda vs. plastic, monotone, boring Raydor: Get rid of Raydor and make sure she takes annoying Rusty with her. Replace her with an outsider because the other characters need to stay just as they were on The Closer. Their personalities with all their flaws are so entertaining.

Let's see season 2's ratings are very low, but the show is surviving. That's not a success story. Could it be that plastic Raydor and pain-in-the-@$$ Rusty are hurting the show?! I am the biggest Closer fan out there, and no one wants to see this show survive more than I. Still love the show Law and Order, and no show changed actors more often, so it's not a Brenda withdrawal issue. I mean there's times I thought Fritzi should've knocked her out lol. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who's keeping Major Crimes from being the success it should be.
  • A goofy idea to revive the show

4.5
    Get Captain Raydor killed while saving Rusty and replace her with Carrie Preston from The Good Wife (among others) who is kind of awesome.

What do you think
  • Season 3!

Thank Goodness, we're getting a new season! Major Crimes has nicely evolved into a great Show. It took me some time to let go of Brenda but Sharon is so different from her, that it didn't take me very long to really like her. I even warmed up to ADA Rios, although I really couldn't stand her much for the most part of the season. I hope Rusty doesn't disappear, he did a superb job in court and finally we got rid of the bad guy, or so I hope. If I could get a wish granted, I would hope for a tiny guest appearance of Brenda in the next season.
  • Pleasant surprise

I've forgotten how much i enjoy this show

It's done so well without Brenda. All the characters are worth continuing. And i don't mind dry Raydor, but the guys are very funny!
  • I miss Kyra's sparkle but happy that the show must go on!

I was so pleased that they continued this show as I fell in love with so many of the characters over the 7 seasons of The Closer. It is a bit hard to watch Captain Raydor's monotone personality but since adding Rusty it is nice to see a bit of her soft side. Is this just the way that she talks normally or is it the way that direction wanted to see her character? I think that I will google an interview with her not in character and find out for curiosities sake! Either way I am enjoying the show and still so pleased that almost all of the original cast are still around!! I hope that this show lasts quite a while and so pleased of the rumour I heard that they have renewed season 3!! Let's get at least 12 seasons out of this one!!! Maybe even Kyra can guest spot on a few episodes!! I do enjoy seeing Fritzy around now and then!! Too bad his show King and Maxwell floppedI enjoyed that onebut I guess it keeps him coming back to Major Crimes right?! I rated this show a 9.5 for the sole fact that I have not heard Sharon laugh or seen her cry just yet.
  • Capt Raydor???

I really liked Kyra's character, Brenda and looked forward to the show "Closer," however since she left the show I find the replacement show, Major Crimes less appealing. The character that replaced Brenda, Capt Raydor is awful. Her acting is robotic, it's difficult to watch as she tries to portray the character, she makes no sense. Adding the character Rusty, is confusing what's that about, doesn't add anything to the show. I miss Brenda and watching the closer, too bad I tried to watch Major Crimes but Capt Raydor makes it difficult.
  • Hurray for Season 3!

Yea! There will be a Season 3! Thank you to the wonderful people at TNT who kept this fantastic crew, well most of the crew, together. Great Drama. Great Acting, superb storytelling.
  • Different from the closer but love it

I personally think that the character of Captain Raydor is quite interesting, very subtle but that would be nice to see/know a bit more about her (going deeper in a character).

Maybe this is the reason why I find that the presence of Rusty in the show is really a plus. I love to see his own evolution and above all his relationship and interactions with the different members of the team.
  • major crimes

1.5
    I loved the closer and when i saw this new one major crimes with the same actors i was delighted until i saw who took over Brenda Lees part i cant stand her she cant act she is dreadful it looks like she is auditioning for a part and is just really bad at it she is the reason myself and my husband wont watch the show bring back Brenda Lee .she had spunk and a character and funny and serious all wrapped up in one package .Loved her .
  • Major Crimes 2013

I was very pleased that the end of the Closer did not mean the end of our Major Crimes detectives. They are awesome. And, surprisingly, I have really gotten to like Captain Raydor. But, what is a little scary is the fact that there is no way this show is going to survive the new DDA Rios. She can't act and is nothing short of obnoxious! Had lunch with some friends today, friends who also think Major Crimes is one of the best shows on TV. Three of them have stopped watching the new season already because of DDA Rios. Please, please eliminate her before the show is cancelled.