Major Crimes

Rules Of Engagment

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 22, 2013 on TNT

• Another Excellent Episode

Starting a father and his son caught in a drive by at a gas station this episode was another wonderful instalment of Major Crimes. The reasons and race to apprehend the perpetrators of this heinous crime kept us riveted for an hour. Just when you think they couldn't top their last performance Major Crimes goes and does it again. Another beautifully written and acted Berenger as Captain Raydors Husband gave his best performance in possibly his last appearance on the show. The writers teased us with the confrontation between Sanchez and the new ADA who hitherto he had been fawning hope they explore that more down the season.

And of course my fav character Rusty was there. I loved the scene where Jack (Raydors Husband was about to tell Rusty he knew about him to get back at Raydor, Rusty's face was a study! But luckily he changed his mind , though am not sure he fooled Rusty)

I must say I loved Brenda but Captain Raydor sure knows how to get confessions using all that's required to keep the letter if not the spirit of the law! I wish they could do more Rustycentric episodes .

I almost forgot the actor playing Browning was spot on as a narcissistic bully. His rage was palpable you almost forget dude was acting.
  • Major Crimes.

What seems like a gang shooting turns out to be murder for hire, by one suspect Ron Browning, who hired Javier Reyes also know as Speedy. Javier is out on parole and stops at gas station when Browning drives by and starts shooting, Browning murders 4 people including Javier little brother named Juan Carlos. This all goes back to before Javier went to jail, he was working for Browning until Javier got arrested so Browning hired him to kill Melissa Orr, Browning's then girlfriend. Javier strangled her and cut off her finger which had the $65 grand diamond ring on it and then buried her body in his grandmother's backyard. What i found interesting about Javier is, when he was in jail he had found Jesus Christ, which doesn't excuse him of what he did, but in the end Javier was truly sorry for what he had done. Back to the story, Javier took the ring, had the diamonds taken out and replaced them with cheap cubic zirconias. Which is why Browning tried to kill Javier at the gas station, but ended up killing 4 people instead including Juan Carlos. Whether Browning was going to kill his second girlfriend Kathy Thompson who knows, but Skyes really summed it up well by calling Browning a Depraved Animal for killing 4 innocent people. Finally Sanchez let Emma Rios have it with both barrels, it was Fantastic. (It Was About Time Someone Told Her Off). Sharon and Jack going at it was Brilliant as well and you could see Rusty wasn't about to say anything either. Fantastic, What a Episode. I Love This Show.