Make It or Break It Forums

ABC Family (ended 2012)

Does anyone know if this show is being cancelled??

bmanchester

[1]May 17, 2011
    • level: 4

I saw online that next week is the season finale of the show, but according to my cable box guide it says series finale. Can anyone maybe shed some light on this for me. Any answers would be great since I am a bit worried about the shows future.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JamieDouglas

[2]May 17, 2011
    • level: 1

I too noticed that it says Series Finale on my DishNetwork guide and I am confused. I've been searching for info online to either confirm or deny this, but so far I have come up empty handed. If this show is cancelled I will be pretty upset as it is one of my absolute favorites. Lets hope this was a mistake and that it will be back!

aliSuz

[3]May 18, 2011
    • level: 8

It hasn't been renewed yet which is odd because PPL and the Secret Life have been. They also have all those new shows coming out soon so I don't know. I hope it gets renewed. So far ABC family hasn't cancelled it though (publicly anyway). I'm not going to lie though I'm a bit worried at this point.

scaredyett

[4]May 19, 2011
    • level: 2
    hi i read a couple weeks ago that the show would probbaly be cancelled after this season, i think that's rediculous, because abc family is getting just as bad as regular network tv by cancelling every show they air. They do have to make room for a few new shows but i just wish they would give their series some time to grow i mean its not like they should be expecting the same amount of viewers as network tv even like the cw!

StephanieHarv

[5]May 24, 2011

Weither or not the show is being cancled, I think there should be at least one more season of this show...like to show life after...but wasnt worlds sapose to be in 2012 not 2011?? If THIS season was the worlds one, there should be one more season, regarding the Year after worlds, with them still training/couching....and deciding where their life will take them...like a spin-off with ALL the girls including emily

alirk

[6]May 24, 2011
    • level: 22

So, I watched the season finale last night & that felt way too much like a series finale...I hope ABC Family doesn't ax this show...

huddy_kc1823

[7]May 24, 2011
    • level: 7
    I hope not. It did feel like a series finale. I'm hoping that they will at least renew it for one more season since the Olympics is 2012. There are still some unresolved issues for one Ellen Biels said that she will get back at Lauren somehow, there is also the Summer/Shasha thing, also the Payson/Max thing.

Honestly, this is why I don't like watching ABC family shows. I always get attached and then the show end up getting canceled. For example, Beautiful People, I loved that show and after like 10 episodes, they canceled it. Smh

CharmedOnesFan

[8]May 24, 2011
    • level: 6
    Don't know if this means anything but it was call the spring finale in a preview. Also Dish network changed the description from Series finale to season finale. I guess there is hope.

rapturerogue

[9]May 24, 2011
    • level: 45

I haven't been able to find any info about whether or not it's been renewed. Usually by this point in the season we would know if it was renewed or not, but ABCFamily hasn't made any announcements. Maybe they're waiting to see what the ratings were and see if there's enough of a demand to renew it?

aliSuz

[10]May 25, 2011

I really think it's going to cancelled. I hope not but it seems that way. They renewed The Secret Life and Pretty Little Liars alreay. Not to mention they have a bunch of new shows starting soon. And Make it or Break it must be very expensive to make because of the stunts and so many acters. It is the least popular show out of the three current ones. ButI hope it gets renewed for one more season (at least). I want to see Summer and Sasha get together!!!

aliSuz

[11]May 25, 2011

Actually I just had a thought. They should at the very least do a wrap up tv movie sort of thing for the show. It could take play at the 2012 oympics and Emily could be there cheering the girls on with her baby and Damon. And we could see everyone elsehappy, etc. I could live with that! Lol.

MaySomeday

[12]May 25, 2011

Just watched the last episode and that's a series finale if I've ever seen one... all issues wrapped up, no one mentioning the missing Emily, as if she never existed. I'm sad because I really loved this show and I'm sad to see it go. Can't believe they renewed Secret Life that show is pointless!

A good season finale should end with a cliffhanger and there was none (well except that guy maybe being bi and really, who cares??).

Edited on 05/25/2011 10:59am

twilightlover4

[13]May 27, 2011
    • level: 2

I was wondering the same thing and I'm just about to watch the season finale.

But I just saw this : http://abcfamily.go.com/?lid=ABCCOMGlobalFooter&lpos=FAMILY

(http://i.imgur.com/9flT1.png)

I noticed it said that it was the spring finale not the end of the series.

Edited on 05/27/2011 9:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

chilipalm

[14]May 29, 2011
    • level: 3

This is not the series finale. They still have the 2012 Olympics!!!

Too bad about Emily though. Maybe she'll make a comeback like two of the other girls.

aloyoon

[15]May 30, 2011
    • level: 7
    i just finished watching and it was great finale but i was so sad because of Emily she was the reason i start watching in the first place hope we get a new season where Emily comeback

Austute21

[16]Aug 3, 2011
    I hope it does comback .There's a lot questions that need to be answsered such as now that chelsea hobbs has had her second child will the pregancy of her character continue into season 3 ?(If there is going to be one?)

SlidingKat

[17]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 5
    If this was the last episode of the series ABC Family has lost a viewer for all their shows. I'm sorry but I don't want to watch a network who would write the character of Emily off without even mentioning her and then have the character who has back stabbed everyone for the last two seasons get a gold metal. Not the type of tv I want to invest my time in.

I hope they are waiting for the actress who plays Emily to get back into shape and will make an announcement late fall when they begin filming again. But a show about the Olympics airing in the same time frame as the Olympics seems unrealistic.

katywishing100

[18]Sep 3, 2011
    • level: 15

I'll be sad if the show doesn't come back, although I really doubt at this point it will, since Chelsea Hobbs has confirmed she won't be back.Frown

luv2live

[19]Sep 5, 2011
    • level: 14
    katywishing100 wrote:

I'll be sad if the show doesn't come back, although I really doubt at this point it will, since Chelsea Hobbs has confirmed she won't be back.Frown

Did she confirm she isn't coming back??? Such a shame for the show. I feel like she needs to come back for one more season to wrap it up. I mean come on, its only really 13 episodes.

TracyTrouble

[20]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 10
    Well going onto IMDB it appear Neil Jackson will probably not be returning as Sasha (I'm gutted if that's true as he was one of my favorite characters). The MIOBI section states him as starring from 2009-2011, he also seems to have moved onto other projects.....not sure if that's an omen for the show. Might be prudent to check other stars and see what their profiles say?