Make It or Break It Forums

ABC Family (ended 2012)

Emily Kmetko PREGNANT?!

leylahh

[1]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 1

I just watched a youtube video with season 2 episode 15's plot and when emily takes a drug test they find out she's pregnant!

Follow the link guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH5CUy1Cgsc&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I hope it's true, this show just gets more and more exciting!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rapturerogue

[2]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 45
    leylahh wrote:

I just watched a youtube video with season 2 episode 15's plot and when emily takes a drug test they find out she's pregnant!

Follow the link guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH5CUy1Cgsc&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I hope it's true, this show just gets more and more exciting!

This is actually old news, because the Chelsea Hobbs (Emily) is pregnant in real life. That's why Emily hasn't done any gymnastics these last few episodes, she's filmed from the ribs up, and is always wearing a hoodie of some sort. You can really see her baby bump in the second episode when she's walking around the gym.

jamieagain

[3]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 5

This is ridiculous, after everything that has happened and everything they've all worked so hard for to lose it all because she didn't want to wait the test of love. Absurd *done*

MaySomeday

[4]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 1

They didn't have much choice considering the actress is pregnant. But yeah, it's ridiculous. It also makes the fact that these are not real gymnasts even more obvious. Most (if not all) gymnasts will not get their period until they stop training, and they can't get pregnant. Of course Emily is a special case since she's supposed to have only started real training 2 years ago...

The writers did what they could with the cards they were dealt. You can't film a gymnast from the waist up forever.

alirk

[5]May 3, 2011
    • level: 22

I'm wondering how her story is going to play out...

aliSuz

[6]May 18, 2011
    • level: 8

They could have just had her get injured and stay in bed for a few short scenes here and there. They do that on plenty of shows. This pregnancy storyline is ridiculous.

talielle

[7]May 4, 2012
    • level: 4

Okay I know this is old news but I just started watching the show. (love it btw)

I think this whole situation was just... I don't know... Kinda annoying. I understand the situation that the actress was pregnant, but I feel like they could have handled this better. Why not just make her injured or something so she doesn't have to do the gymnastics?? Kind of like Payson and Kaylie. They also could've made her leave for a while then come back after the baby. Ugh in just annoyed because I felt it could have been felt better. I know the writers did their best... But in this situation I'd even prefer changing the actress.

I didn't like her exit either... *sigh* oh well... Just seems a waste after everything she went through.

LilPeregrine

[8]May 15, 2012
    • level: 6
    I totally agree.
    I'd rather have Emily die than choosing to have her baby. This storyline is beyond ridiculous!
    1) She should not even have her periods (and get pregnant) since she's an athlete,etc.

And even if she could:
    2) She's a smart girl! How could she have sex and think "oh, since it's my first time, I can't get pregnant!"?!!? What year are we? If bad reality TV told us anything, it's that there is NO safe unprotected sex!
    3) Her boyfriend is a smart boy too! How could he not have condoms! Or go get some! They'd waited enough before: a 5-minutes trip to the pharmacy could not have been that difficult!

And even if they did have unprotected sex:
    4) How come sex ALWAYS ends up with a pregnancy? What's wrong with you ABC? Do you really expect us to believe this? Or do you simply have utter disrespect and disgust for couples who can't conceive?

And even if she got pregnant:
    5) In what world could a professional gymnast, who trained this hard for so many years, choose her baby over her career? She sacrificed everything! Her family sacrificed everything! And she just goes "Oh, ok, screw that! Being a teen mom seems like more fun than being an olympic gymnast!"? NO! If the writing was good, she would have gotten an abortion. And maybe we'd have an intelligent storyline about how dealing with this kind of things can be difficult, and psychologically damaging, instead of "THE ONLY OPTION IF YOU HAVE SEX IS TO RAISE A BABY ALONE AT 17!"
    6) The team traveled to Eastern EUROPE to get Sacha back. How could they not get their asses to Nevada and take Emily back? Even if they did not succeed, they could've at least tried! At least this attempt would have made a little sense.

This storyline was WRONG in so many ways... I've rarely been so disappointed in a TV show.

AllieCavenagh

[9]Jan 2, 2013
    • level: 3

I stopped watching after this storyline!