Make It or Break It

ABC Family (ended 2012)

rapturerogue

Make It or Break It Fan Reviews (50)

• No sence

A drama about going to the gym and performances? Yeesh! This whole show is clearly melodramatic.
  • Make It Or Break It

I love this show! Its very sad, because it was canceled. And it should have a better final for Emily Kmekto

(with Damon) and Nicky Russo too.
  • Get Nicky Russo back on the show

I like the show but I thinke cody longo "nicky russo" shoud be more in the up coming episode pleas!!!!!!!!
  • A good show, though a bit over dramatic and predictable at times...

Monday, June 22nd was a big night for me and TV. After watching several awesome season premieres on various channels I was too lazy to pick up the remote and decided to give new show, Make it or Break it, a try. Make it or Break it follows gymnast as they duke it out for a spot on the Olmypic team. New girl to the gym, Emily, isn't rich or well known but after only one day at Rocky Mountain gymnastic center it's clear she's the one to beat. She has a brother in a wheel chair and a flakey mother. There's also a mean girl and rich father trying to get in the way, a cute kid who just wants to try her darnst, a girl and a guy who are seeing each other in secret etc. Yes, it gets very predictable. Yes, I'm well aware of the fact Emily will probally prevail by the series end...but there are SOME good twist. The ending was a nice cliff hanger that keeps you interested enough and there were some really sweet moments in between. Though as someone who watches the Olmypics in real life and goes "Er...they did good right?" I couldn't really tell you what was going on in the competion other than that Emily was hanging on to 3rd/4th place and Mean Girl (as I've taken to calling her) messed with the distance she was supposed to vault (apprantly that's dangerous). Another thing I had a bit of an issue with was how overly dramatic it was (and that's coming from a Secret Life, fan people). At times it seemed they were trying TOO hard. But all in all it was good and I'd reconmend it if your into gymnastic (and a girl) or just over the top dramas with a few nice relationship moments in between.
  • Make It or Break It: Fun Summer Entertainment, but It Doesn't Raise the Bar

Maybe it's just because it's summer, and I'm feeling seriously deprived of network TV, but I'm kind of digging this show.

Make It or Break It is about a bunch of Olympic-level gymnasts and the drama that goes on behind the scenes on their way to Nationals. Yeah, it's on ABC family. And yeah, it's full of cliches. But it is well done and promises a lot of addictive teen soap action.

Biggest Weakness: The characters in this show are really one note: Lauren (Cassie Scerbo), the villain of the piece, is an ambitious and manipulative brat who will (and does) betray her friends to get ahead in the competition. Emily Kmetko (Chelsea Hobbs) is a plucky scholarship student who is torn between her dream and wanting a normal life. Payson (Ayla Kell) is completely focused. And Kaylie (Josie Loren) is clueless.

That said, all the lead actresses play their parts well. The performances from the cast of parents and paramours are solid also.

It's hard to get really excited about this show- nothing truly awesome or awful about it. The show is fun and has some pretty great moments (The gas station scene at the end of Episode 2 had me laughing out loud.), but it doesn't take enough chances to separate it from the rest of the tween-dramedy pack. B+

For more reviews and thoughts about TV, check out http://randomrantstv.blogspot.com/
  • Do NOT cancel, great family show!

Great family show, there is not a lot that you can watch with your kids and actually enjoy the show or worry about what is going to air that your not comfortable with your kids seeing.

This shows kids about hard work, dedication, realistic let down, as well as the good that comes with hardwork.

Bring it back, my college aged child still loves this show!
  • I love gymnastics

i love this show.. properly balanced all the characters..
  • pretty upset that they cancelled this show...

I really wish they would've kept it. It always taught me a lesson and made me feel good for watching it
  • love the show

hey love the show cnt get enough of it serioulsy think im addicted not good.but anyway im a gymnast my self nt as good as that do.struggling wit a bac injury hope wat happened to passin doesnt happen to me. ahh sometimes ijust want to grab laurens nek nd strangle her ahhh she can be so mean soo can that one ellen. this show has inspire me to work harder on my gymnastics hope i get as many chances as that. wait the review has to be longer than 100 words it lke an esay for school except you lke cnt fail haha.
  • Show is dramatic, a bit predictable, but powerful performances

I love Emily's relationship with her mom. one episode they like each other, the next one they dont like each other. this is one of the reasons why i love this show. Some other shows are like this but this is the first ever gymnastic show that actually shows their normal lives and how egotistical most gymnasts are. Kaylie is getting a bit annoying, i think its time she stands up to her so called best friend who made out with her boyfriend. Which leads us to Carter. The so-called nice boyfriend. One thing i love about him though is that he still loves Kaylie and knows he did a stupid thing. I love Payson but she gets annoying sometimes. Sasha is just good looking that's all i have to say and i think that now that Payson's dad is gone, her mom and Sasha might have a thing going
  • good shiw

i love this show
  • my hope

i like for the show to continue
  • DO NOT WATCH ABC FAMILY!

Okay please read this, Since they cancelled Make it Or Break it we have to show them that we REALLY love that show. So here is what were gonna do, DO NOT TURN/WATCH abc family at ANY Circumstances . Then MAYBE they will bring back MIOBI.!!!
  • Lets hope for the best

I hope they renew make it or break itI loved that show as well as my 6 & 8 yr old so I pray they bring it back it is one of the better shows!!!
  • I'm am a mother of a teenage daughter and I like watching the shower for several reasons. I like the gymnastics part of course, but I watch with my daughter& discussing the choices that the girls make in their "life", is a great bonding teaching time.

• Brings out the reality of what some gymnasts may go through ... but a bit over dramatic.

Whether it has to do with money issues, friends, or just trying to stay qualified for the next round in your career, its all in this show. And may I just say, a lot of it is so true! The competition is so tough, that its hard to keep yourself together. Make It Or Break It is one of the best gymnastics shows (if not the only) and really brings out the true colors in the characters in this show. Which all the conflicts they face, whether its with each other, with themselves, or with the sport, you can see what its like, and their batle to go for the gold.
  • awesome show

Really good show, definitely the best sports related after "Friday Night Lights" and "One Tree Hill"
  • Make It or Break It

This show is inspiring to so many people. I love this show so freaking much! They cancelled it at such a bad spot!! We needed to see how the Olympics would go and what relationships would remain!
  • Make it or Break it

I absolutely positively loved this freakin show. ! thats all i have to say lol
  • make it or break it

Make it or break it was the best show ever, it should still be on tv even if it did lose some fans. There are more people out there that still want to watch the show. Personally, I would love to find out which girl got the gold metal, if their friendship lasted after the Olympics and how Lo's character grew into a better person.
  • I <3 Gymnastics

I love this show!!! The drama makes it good!!!!

I <3 Gymnastics!!!
  • Bring Back "Make It Or Break It"!

I see many fans of "Make It Or Break It" saying they would like for the show to continue. But will you just say so, or will you actually do something to show this? If you want "Make It Or Break It" to come back, search Facebook for "Bring Back Make It Or Break It" and click Like to the page that you find. They need every Like they can get, if there is any chance for this to work. Will you do this one click of the mouse to help "Make It Or Break It"?
  • Why take the negative side?

This show is inspiring to everyone even non gymnasts so why on earth would you cancel it? you named it Make it or break it. I guess you took the negative end on this one. There was so much more to be showcased and now a story is left untold.
  • MAKE IT OR BREAK IT

I LOVE THIS SHOW AND I CAN'T STAND WHY DID THEY CANCELED IT! IT IS MY FAVOURITE SHOW AND I REALLY MISS IT!!!!! IT INSPIRED ME, I AM A GYMNAST SO THAT WAS A VERY BIG MOTIVATION TO ME. I AM FROM POLAND AND I REALLY WISH ABC FAMILY COULD MAKE ANOTHER SEASONS! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!!

IT WAS A REALLLLLLYYYY GOOD SHOW AND SOOO MANY OF MY FRIENDS AND I WANT IT BACK AS IT WAS THE GREATEST SHOW!!!!

PLEASE BRING SEASON 4 OUT! THE USA DID SO WELL AT THE OLYMPICS AT LONDON 2012 SO I DONT SEE WHY THE SHOW CAN COME BACK ON!!! PLEASE

• MAKE IT OR BREAK IT

THIS SHOW IS THE BEST SHOW IN THE ENTIRE WORLD AND I WANT SEASON 4 AND I HOPE SOMEONE THAT MATTERS IS READING THIS. THAT SHOW INSPIRED SO MANY PEOPLE AND THERE ARE MORE GOOD REVIEWS THAN BAD. SO I BET NOW PEOPLE WILL WATCH IT. PLEASE I WAS CRYING WHEN IT WAS OVER AND I KNOW THIS PROBABLY WONT BE ENOUGH BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE A VOTE ON THE ABC WEBSITE ON THE MAKE IT OR BREAK IT PAGE. 2 CHOICES YES I WANT THE SHOW OR NO I DONT WANT THE SHOW BACK. PLEASE YOU CAN AT LEAST TRY. THANK YOU FOR ANYONE READING THIS ANDTAKING IT INTO CONSIDERATION.

P.S. SORRY MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON WAS STUCK SO ITS ALL IN CAPS LOCK.
  • we want season 4!

I love this show!

please please please tell me there id going to be a season 4 , if not please i request who so ever the person is that manages it to turn it back on PLEASE!

• PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW ON TV

THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW I EVER WATCH I WATCH IT SO MUCH I GO ON ON DEMAND AND WATCH THIS THE BEST SHOW MY LITTLE GIRL WATCH IT SOME MUCH MY LITTLE GIRL WANTS TO DO GYMNASTICS SO MUCH THAT SHE WANTS TO GIVE UP DANCE BUT SHE SAID SHES SO HAPPY ABOUT GYMNASTICS SHES GOING TO DO DANCE AND GYMNASTICS.AND SHE IS VERY SAD ITS NOT COMING BACK I WISH THESE PEOPLE WOULD KEEP THIS SHOW ON PLUS THEY HAD A GOOD JOB DOING THAT.
  • I love this show

return the show .. it gives the athletes understand how to operate, invest only a .. and leaving no time for personal life .. about friendship and forgiveness .. return the show
  • They should put it back

i wish it would go back...the people who made it should of kept it going its my favorite show ever.. why did it even stop?!!?!?!
< 1 2