Make It or Break It

ABC Family (ended 2012)

rapturerogue

Make It or Break It Fan Reviews (52)

• A good show, though a bit over dramatic and predictable at times...

Monday, June 22nd was a big night for me and TV. After watching several awesome season premieres on various channels I was too lazy to pick up the remote and decided to give new show, Make it or Break it, a try. Make it or Break it follows gymnast as they duke it out for a spot on the Olmypic team. New girl to the gym, Emily, isn't rich or well known but after only one day at Rocky Mountain gymnastic center it's clear she's the one to beat. She has a brother in a wheel chair and a flakey mother. There's also a mean girl and rich father trying to get in the way, a cute kid who just wants to try her darnst, a girl and a guy who are seeing each other in secret etc. Yes, it gets very predictable. Yes, I'm well aware of the fact Emily will probally prevail by the series end...but there are SOME good twist. The ending was a nice cliff hanger that keeps you interested enough and there were some really sweet moments in between. Though as someone who watches the Olmypics in real life and goes "Er...they did good right?" I couldn't really tell you what was going on in the competion other than that Emily was hanging on to 3rd/4th place and Mean Girl (as I've taken to calling her) messed with the distance she was supposed to vault (apprantly that's dangerous). Another thing I had a bit of an issue with was how overly dramatic it was (and that's coming from a Secret Life, fan people). At times it seemed they were trying TOO hard. But all in all it was good and I'd reconmend it if your into gymnastic (and a girl) or just over the top dramas with a few nice relationship moments in between.
  • Brings out the reality of what some gymnasts may go through ... but a bit over dramatic.

Whether it has to do with money issues, friends, or just trying to stay qualified for the next round in your career, its all in this show. And may I just say, a lot of it is so true! The competition is so tough, that its hard to keep yourself together. Make It Or Break It is one of the best gymnastics shows (if not the only) and really brings out the true colors in the characters in this show. Which all the conflicts they face, whether its with each other, with themselves, or with the sport, you can see what its like, and their batle to go for the gold.
  • Make It or Break It: Fun Summer Entertainment, but It Doesn't Raise the Bar

Maybe it's just because it's summer, and I'm feeling seriously deprived of network TV, but I'm kind of digging this show.

Make It or Break It is about a bunch of Olympic-level gymnasts and the drama that goes on behind the scenes on their way to Nationals. Yeah, it's on ABC family. And yeah, it's full of cliches. But it is well done and promises a lot of addictive teen soap action.

Biggest Weakness: The characters in this show are really one note: Lauren (Cassie Scerbo), the villain of the piece, is an ambitious and manipulative brat who will (and does) betray her friends to get ahead in the competition. Emily Kmetko (Chelsea Hobbs) is a plucky scholarship student who is torn between her dream and wanting a normal life. Payson (Ayla Kell) is completely focused. And Kaylie (Josie Loren) is clueless.

That said, all the lead actresses play their parts well. The performances from the cast of parents and paramours are solid also.

It's hard to get really excited about this show- nothing truly awesome or awful about it. The show is fun and has some pretty great moments (The gas station scene at the end of Episode 2 had me laughing out loud.), but it doesn't take enough chances to separate it from the rest of the tween-dramedy pack. B+

For more reviews and thoughts about TV, check out http://randomrantstv.blogspot.com/
  • Show is dramatic, a bit predictable, but powerful performances

I love Emily's relationship with her mom. one episode they like each other, the next one they dont like each other. this is one of the reasons why i love this show. Some other shows are like this but this is the first ever gymnastic show that actually shows their normal lives and how egotistical most gymnasts are. Kaylie is getting a bit annoying, i think its time she stands up to her so called best friend who made out with her boyfriend. Which leads us to Carter. The so-called nice boyfriend. One thing i love about him though is that he still loves Kaylie and knows he did a stupid thing. I love Payson but she gets annoying sometimes. Sasha is just good looking that's all i have to say and i think that now that Payson's dad is gone, her mom and Sasha might have a thing going
  • love the show

hey love the show cnt get enough of it serioulsy think im addicted not good.but anyway im a gymnast my self nt as good as that do.struggling wit a bac injury hope wat happened to passin doesnt happen to me. ahh sometimes ijust want to grab laurens nek nd strangle her ahhh she can be so mean soo can that one ellen. this show has inspire me to work harder on my gymnastics hope i get as many chances as that. wait the review has to be longer than 100 words it lke an esay for school except you lke cnt fail haha.
  • I love the show

I love the show its so entertaining and family friendly and also it motivate you to work as hard as the characters to achieve goals and to stay healthy it also teaches lessons about eating disorders and that there bad and to get help if you have them.

• this show is awesome and i love it.... i really hope the get picked up for a season 3..... its amazing the work they do in making these films and the shw may be t dramatic but what life is not dramatic.

this show is awesome and i love it.... i really hope the get picked up for a season 3..... its amazing the work they do in making these films and the shw may be t dramatic but what life is not dramatic. i so can't wait for season 2 to be out on dvd.... i'm not gonna write any spoilers but if you guys end it the way you do without a season 3 i would be very upset.... because i think shows deserve a good ending not matter what. Anyways keep going because im loving every minute of it.
  • Make it or break it is a realy good show ever time it comes on I got to to see it, it also expiers me in some ways like i'v been thinking about doind gymnastics and when I saw the show now I know I want to do it and I can't wait to see the next show.

Make it or break it is good show and if you haven't seen it you should and if I miss a show I find ways to watch it because you get hooked on the show befor and you want to see what happens on the nexts and the nexts and beofr you know it your in love with the show so I hope to see it again and again so member if you havn't see it go see it now don't waste nomore time go see it it to good to miss and the girls who are in the show keep on doing your best and you will always do good.
  • I'm am a mother of a teenage daughter and I like watching the shower for several reasons. I like the gymnastics part of course, but I watch with my daughter& discussing the choices that the girls make in their "life", is a great bonding teaching time.

• A fun show set in the rather exclusive world of competitive gymnastics. The pressures and issues and career choices these characters have to make at such a young age is realistic & daunting. The "behind-the-scenes" drama is a delicious bonus to the show.

Let's get this part out of the way. These actors are not going to be winning any Emmys in the near future, the direction and editing is sometimes a little slow, and the storyline can be somewhat predictable... even the "twists" can be predictable. HOWEVER - I can't get enough of this show!!! I'm officially adicted.

It's got that wonderful ability to draw you into their tense, strict world of high pressure training and you can't help but cheer them on as they compete at the top level and also try to balance social and family demands. Sure, lots of people juggle careers with friends, family, study and maybe even a second-job... but we usually do it when we are "adults". Not 16 years old, with raging hormones, parents who are still huge influences in our personal choices... or quite as much drama as these Gym Families (epecially the mothers) bring to the table.

Plenty of frustrating, exagerated chracters and behaviour, but that's typial of TV. There's the villian, the angel, the one with the boy, an the new girl - suffering those all too familar problems of trying to break into a world that just doesn't want you as extra competition. The actors are improving their skills as the season moves on. The guys are cute, the girls are pretty, the parents are crazy and I think it's a great, fun show. When I grew up, I was envious of girls doing gymnaticas or competing in athletics... and now I'm more grateful I got to live a normal childhood and that this was not my own reality!! If you like these movies/shows, then I think you'll like this show:
    Bring it On
    Stick It
    Whip It
    Desperate Housewives
  • I just love this show!!

I'm 30 yrs old and I love love this show. I can't stand Lauren though. I wish something would happen to put that girl in her place. I love all of the others though. It can be a bit over the top a times but it is still good. I think that they could make the girls a little more street wise, with their verbal comebacks and with the insults...lol. Payson is a pain to watch sometimes, but I just love love kmetkcos mom. I'm so glad everything is working out for her. She reminds me a lot of myself.
  • my fav

this show rocks ...... I want to do gymnastics but i like soccer
  • make it or break it lets get another season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABC FAMILY PLEASE KEEP MAKE IT OR BREAK IT FOR ANOTHER SEASON!!!! http://twitition.com/r3xds
  • dont you dare

pleaze make another season i love the show and im a gymnast my self and pretty please let there be another season,

i hope they do
  • why is the show being cancelled ???

please make another season im not ready for it to be over for good
  • Lets hope for the best

I hope they renew make it or break itI loved that show as well as my 6 & 8 yr old so I pray they bring it back it is one of the better shows!!!
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Why is it that anyone who has money can have a stupid reality show, but this show that has a FANTASTIC storyline and is not all about money, sex & drugs can't make it? I enjoy watching this happy show where the twists and turns are simply problems between girls & the competition for the Olympics.

This is by far my favorite show EVER.

I will be so upset if it is cancelled.
  • I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY R CANCELLING THE SHOW!!!!!!!!

This can't be happening!!!!!....... i really loved this show and i wanted to see who was gonna take gold in the olympics..... Kaylie? Payson? Lauren? WOW!!!! i can't believe its all gonna be over after tonight...

even though Holly Sorenson said that they had to cancel it due to the drop in ratings but i have one thing to say to that: you cant punish the people who LOVE this show...

It included almost everything: drama, romance, the amazing sport of gymanastics, friendship and so much more........

Anyway i cant be all mopy so all i am gonna say is that this show was really cool to watch and i knew that it was gonna be a great hit ever since the very first episode (pilot) just like glee......

My ultimate favourite series r make it or break it, glee, and 90210......

FAREWELL MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!!!!!!
  • Absoloutely Gutted It's been Cancelled!

Can't believe they have cancelled MIOBI!! Was my favourite show ever, absoloutely Gutted. :( WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH :(
  • CANT BELIEVE THEY ENDED IT!!!

I agree, I wanted to see them compete in the Olympics too! Its the only show thats good for kids to watch that they can look up to! Please bring it back!!!
  • SADNESS!

I am very sad that this great show in ending! I have watched every episode and I think its unfair that we do not get to see how they do in the olympics! I guess we will never know!
  • They say it had bad ratings....i just want to say

Make It or Break It" Returns to Series Highs in Key 18-34s; Grows by Double-Digit Percentages Over Last Summer's 2A Premiere Across Target Demos; Ranks as Monday's No. 2 Cable Telecast in Females 12-34, Behind Only "Secret Life"

....im sure 2nd isn't so bad :)
  • DO NOT WATCH ABC FAMILY!

Okay please read this, Since they cancelled Make it Or Break it we have to show them that we REALLY love that show. So here is what were gonna do, DO NOT TURN/WATCH abc family at ANY Circumstances . Then MAYBE they will bring back MIOBI.!!!
  • Show should not be cancelled !! !! !!

Bunheads is stupid. Make it or Break was the best show ever. They should of never canceled it! They should of showed the girls going to London. Fricking Furious!
  • please dont cancel make it or break it :) sign the petition!!!! :D

if u dont want make it or break it to be cancelled please go to this link and sign the petition!! :) were almost there!!! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/808/896/836/keep-make-it-or-break-it-on-abc-family/#sign
  • Can't believe you are cancelling the show

I loved this show I can't believe you would cancel it mid season. If are gonna cancel it you should have cancelled after the olympics or never made season 3. I'm so pissed off. It needs to be brought back so we can see the olympics or at least make a movie out of it.
  • Love this show! Should NOT be cancelled!!!!!!!

This is my FAVORITE show! There is no way that it could be cancelled. It should be brought!!!
  • Can Not Believe.

I can not believe that ABC Family cancelled the show. I had gotten so into it! Why the heck would you cancel it!! I love this show and I can't find any like it. Please bring it back!!!!!
  • They should put it back

i wish it would go back...the people who made it should of kept it going its my favorite show ever.. why did it even stop?!!?!?!
  • Do NOT cancel, great family show!

Great family show, there is not a lot that you can watch with your kids and actually enjoy the show or worry about what is going to air that your not comfortable with your kids seeing.

This shows kids about hard work, dedication, realistic let down, as well as the good that comes with hardwork.

Bring it back, my college aged child still loves this show!
< 1 2