Making Fiends

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2008)

Making Fiends Fan Reviews (16)

• Making fiends is awesome!!

I love this show alot! So this show is about a girl named vendetta who controlls the town of clamburg and everybody is scared of vendetta and no one dares to icnore vendetta and they always do what she says beacause vendetta always makes these these very scary fiends but then one day a nice,always happy girl named charlotte who is not scared of vendettas fiends and thinks there her friends.she also believes that vendetta is her best frined and never leaves her alone and so vendetta tries to find ways to get rid of charlotte.I love this show and i hope they make new episodes soon!
  • Couldn't Really Get Into It But Maybe That's Just Me.

Making Fiends is a show I could never really get into. When it first aired on Nicktoons Network, It just didn't appeal to me. However, that does not mean I don't think it's a great show. Making Fiends found a way to appeal to all ages by mixing dark nature with heartwarming moments, by that I mean, the way Vendetta makes fiends and Charlotte makes friends. I know it started out as a web cartoon, but I seriously never saw it back then so I probably wouldn't know if it was better or worse. Nonetheless, Making Fiends is a decent show and heck, it's worth watching if you know, you like seeing fiends and friends.
  • Decent, but......just not my cup of tea.

4.5
    When I first heard about this show on Nicktoons Network, I wanted to check it out. After all, creepy little girls making monsters on a regular basis? What could be better?!

Then I saw the show, and, to be honest, I wasn't too entertained. The art style I find adorable, and the idea is great, but the show itself bores me. Personally, I can't sit through an entire episode without wanting to change the channel, and Charlotte's voice gets rather irritating after a while...I suppose it's supposed to be funny, too, but I haven't laughed once while watching it.

An okay show, but I've never really saw the appeal. :/
  • This show was originially a webshow by Amy Winfrey. It's about Charlotte and Vendetta, two girls that are total opposites. Vendetta makes fiends and Charlotte makes friends.

I've only watched this show for three weeks and I am way obsessed now! It's creepy, yet cute. I watched the webshow, which I was very impressed with, then I saw the show. Considering that Nickelodeon has a tendency to ruin good shows, I was a bit questionable about it. After watching it, I found it to be just as good, if not better than the web series. I love how Charlotte's so cheerful when she says stuff. (Example: "You got hit by train!") It's also fun to see Vendetta get "tormented" by Charlotte. Minor characters, such as Malachi, Marvin, and Marion, make the show even more awesome. Amy Winfrey is a freaking genius! I give this show an A+
  • Charlotte is everything that Vendetta hates, and is too blissfully unaware to be intimidated by Fiends.

Making Fiends is definitely a unique show. On the surface it may seem as if there are some morals to the stories, but after watching several episodes, I have found none. The great thing about this show is that it is really up to the viewer to decide who is the victim.
    Charlotte does seem to be a very sweet girl; polite and courteous, but she is oblivious to other people's suffering. Not only does she continually annoy Vendetta, but she never really seems to realize that the whole town is in utter fear of Vendetta and her Fiends. So, while she may seem to be "good" she is very disturbed in her own ways, no one should be this happy.

Vendetta has the knowledge to make fiends to do her bidding. She has decided to use them to make the entire town fear her, and live as basic leader. That is, until Charlotte came. Charlotte continually avoids Vendetta's plans to destroy her, as they all backfire.
    So, it is a matter of opinion which is the hero. Personally, I see neither of them as heroes. Both have serious problems, which makes for great entertainment.
  • Cute Show with Dark comedy

This show is very funny. Vendetta's dark personality in sharp contrast to Charlotte's sweet persona make this show worth a million laughs.

Charlotte's cluelessness about Vendetta's hatred towards her leaves me in stitches. This isn't my favorite show but I have to admit it is pretty good!

• a really boring show..ZZz here are my reasons

I used to watch nicktoons network because It used to show all my favorite old shows but then for some reason they thought it would a good idea to show low budget shows that are either spinoff of movies or some crappy flash cartoon and to show the new shows they are currently airing on nick so one day i was really bored i started to watch a couple of episodes of this new show and I thought phinease and ferb was boring and badly drawn this show has stick figure characters as If it was drawn by kindergardener but at least they put some effort into there artwork unlike this show that dosent even draw any good details the story if I remeber correctly is about a girl who just moved to this new school meets here nemises who threatens everyone In school the voices are extremley awful Its like they didnt want to hire good professional voice actors I really think this show is targeted to pre schoolers because of the very poor writing and humor but It dosent teach pre schoolers anything and for some reason this show is the highest rated show on nicktoons network I dont know if thats a suprise the only shows i see on during the day time is this and the awful iron man and speed racer
    after watching this show I gave up on nicktoons network and I hardly watch this channnel anymore Id rather watch boomerang 2.0 out of 10 i gave a 2 because Im shocked at the fact they made this into a show
  • Just an amazing show.

This is a very original show created by the extremely talented animator Amy Winfrey. I first saw the web series in 2008, a couple of months before the TV series premiered.

The TV series is so much better than the web series. They have expanded the universe a lot with new characters, such as Charlotte's grandmother and Vendetta's parents. And new locations, such as the local onion stand and a fancy restaurant named Le Mayonnaise. The animation is improved as well. The character designs are mostly the same, but with brighter eyes and better drawings. The backgrounds are outstanding! Just perfect!

The cast is clearly amazing. Amy is fabulous as Charlotte and Aglaia Mortcheva does a great job as Vendetta.

Nick made only 6 episodes (18 7-minute segments). I really hope they will make a full season someday with at least 20 episodes.

Making Fiends is a perfect dark comedy!
  • My favorite show!

"Making Fiends" is my favorite show ever! Every Saturday morning when I get home from baby-sitting I make sure that it's set to autotune on my DirecTV receiver. And I couldn't be happier that Nicktoons is making Valentine's Day weekend a fiendish threekend! I have every episode set to record on my mom's TiVo. I am such a complete fangirl when it comes to this show - I love Cosplaying Vendetta. Why, just this morning when I came downstairs, I was wearing my long sleeved green nightgown, I had my hair in pigtails with green hair ties, and I had my giant pink teddy bear (posing as Grudge) sit at the empty spot at our dining room table. When my parents got up and saw me setting the table for breakfast, my mom rolled her eyes and my dad cracked up. As I added the blueberries to my waffle batter I said, "This fiend will certainly be the end of Charlotte. Heh heh heh heh." Then after breakfast was over, I saw my little brother's paper hat on the floor which gave me an idea. I then put the hat on and said, in Vendetta's voice obviously, "See!? Isn't that funny? I'm a sailor! I go on long and boisterous voyages across the stupid sea! No, wait. Wait! It's a thinking hat! When I wear it I think of good ideas to rescue foolish kittens!" And then I really got into the act and climbed up on one of the wooden benches and said, "See? I am Charlotte! I think of GOOD ideas, by singing, like this! I am wearing a stupid hat, so I can save some scrawny cat" - I then jumped off the bench - "from falling down and going splat...upon the pavement!" Then my little brother finally realized what the heck I was doing, found his toy hammer and said, in as deep of a voice as a five year old kid can get, "No...singing." I of course realized he was being the fiend with the giant mallet and the chase was on. My mom wanted to kill me for jumping off one of her good benches and finally after about ten minutes of being chased through the house by my fiendish brother she told me to go do my schoolwork (I'm homeschooled). So yeah that's how much I love "Making Fiends".
  • Quite good, i must say.

Review: This is a quite underrated show that makes me feel good, i don't really think this show is better than spongebob, but better than the most junk on Nick. The show follows a Green girl Called Vendetta, who's an expert at Making Fiends. She invades the town called "Clamburg" with her Fiends. Then, this Blue girl, y'know comes to town, named Charlotte. She's not afraid of Vendetta, so she wants to be friend with her. Vendetta, now, want to kill Charlotte, to get rid of her once and for all. I was a little worried that Making fiends hasn't been making any new episodes. And Fiends, but overall, fiends, or episodes, or episodes. Did i say Fiends? Hope it didn't get cancelled.

Thanks for me!
  • Tee hee

Making Fiends is the best show you've never seen. If only Nickelodeon had the guts to air it on their main channel, instead of sweeping it aside onto Nicktoons :( The show deserves far more respect than it's been given!

I've been a fan of the web cartoon since the very beginning, and I have to say that I'm super pleased with what Amy and crew have done with the TV version. Everything I loved about the web show is there, multiplied by like a million. I especially love seeing Vendetta's parents, and the mystery of Charlotte's parents. Hooray for fiends!
  • In Nicktoons Network, there is a bunch of weird shows in their lineup. But, among all, there is one that surppases this kind of weirdness into a whole other level. I am of course talking about the wacky and possibly wonderful, Making Fiends.

Now, you may have seen what the animation looks like. And, you might be really turned off because most of it looks like 8 year old drawings.

Hold on, people! That's not the point, animation. The point is the innovation and, rather, wackness of the show, which - suprisingly, is charming.

So, the plot goes as follows; Vendetta is a young girl scientist who goes and builds some of the creep out monsters that her town has ever scean. One day, a light girl Charlotte comes. Vendetta wants to scare around ALL of them away, so she tries the best trying to get rid of Charlotte. Yeah, it's a bad innovate, but, it's based on the web show of the same name, so, it's pretty funny.

Now, let's go on sound effects; voices and sound. The sound I will say, has a bit of a darker feel. And, might I add the voices are no one you heard of. But, for some reason, they deliver the lines of each character pretty well.

And, finally, we get to humor. Now, when I first saw it, I really thought "What, is this supposed to make me laugh?" But, then, I watched it a second time, and I started laughing a bit. It has that Avatar-ish dark feel in it, too, so you know it's a good cartoon.

Overall, on the weirdest show I've ever scean. You might struggle with the problems that the show has, but, overall, if you can get out of it - or if wacky is in your blood - give this show a chance.
  • from a webshow to the small screen

ok, for those of you who don't know here is my brief history of MAKING FIENDS, this show used to be a web show. a very popular one at that. and nick picked it up for a telivision show. but then something strange happend. nicktoons network won the prize to air this show. it aired on October 4th 2008 at about 8 in the morning. the show won over the hearts of critics, gaining mostly good reveiws, and more importantly winning over new fans. there you have it. the show itself is very funny and corney at the same time. and that's not a bad thing! so if your at home thinking, "i can't beleive they made a show like this, the animation will be bad and it won't be funny... etc" your wrong. give it a shot.
  • A good show.

Making Fiends is a show that just came to Nicktoons Network. It looked interesting so I gave it a good try, and I ended up liking this show. Since the show is New, I'll give you a short summary. The show is about a new kid [named Charlotte] moving to this new town, where everyone is afraid of a person named Vendetta. Vendetta dosen't like Charlotte and constantly tries to get rid of Charlotte by making creatures called fiends. The show is a good one. If you like cartoons, check this show out. - a n d e r s o n 5 8 7
  • Delightdul, Dark and Fun!

This should be a fun series. Based on Amy Winfrey's wonderful webisodes (which used to be found at www.makingfiends.com ,my family and I found the original series charming and filed with humour. If you have a chance to catch the webisodes, don't pass it up and while you're there, check out Big Bunny as well.

I do hope that this series captures the dark humor rife in the original series. Vendetta's quest for control and dominationn through the creation of an ever-changing collection of fiends strikes terror into her classmates and teachers - all except for Charlotte the new kid, who simply and mindlessly going about making friends.

Enjoy
  • I thought this series was just a new series that a stealer idea of "Perils of Penolpe Pitstop", but instead it seems to be a great series about Vendetta triing to get rid of Charlotte the girl Vendetta thinks is stupid which she's not!

Vendetta needs to give up on getting rid of Charlotte she's got to learn that Charlotte is just knowing a way to escape her traps. She's not stupid, and is great and made to be thinking differnet than others. I love this series and want more episodes. I wish for more than just 20 episodes i want more. So, who's with me. My favorite character is Charlotte she makes friends and is friends with Vendetta even though Vendetta doesn't want them to be friends. Charlotte is in danger even though she doesn't notice it and she better leave Mu Elementary School and go back to the school she went to before. If she doesn't, she'll never get to have fun again with her friends. I love this series and wish for more.