Making the Band 4 Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2009)

Why the heck are these groups continuing to work for Diddy?

kareeb

[1]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 8

The most recent episode that I've seen has the bands struggling for money. I mean what is the deal with Diddy capitalizing off of them and not giving them any money? I would NEVER work for Diddy, you shouldn't have to pay someone to work for them. Any thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fr95

[2]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 3

Who knows! After tonight's episode, I'm about to stop watching.

http://tvmoviesmusiclife.blogspot.com/

WiZZLa_

[3]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 11
    It had to do with their contract negotiations and them not being booked anywhere. You need to learn how the record industry works.

ebony_kunoichi

[4]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 13
    Amen WIZZLA. A lot of people think that once you make a record then BOOM your rich and famous. No it takes on the average about 2 hit records to finally make some money and more especially if you're in a group where the pay is split between the members. The first album is paid for by the record label. The record label books the studio time, promotion, artist advance, touring cost, etc. The record label is basically taking a chance on you and that your album will sell. If you flop they are out of that money. If it is a hit then the money made goes to pay back the record labels up front cost. All record labels work the same way. Diddy is a hit maker and business man. He knows what he is doing