Malcolm in the Middle

A.A.

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Mar 05, 2006 on FOX

• I loved this episode!

Lois and Hal visit Francis to celebrate one year of sobriety. Lois learns that Francis is blaming her at the meetings and telling horror stories about her. Francis also wants a business loan from his parents. Malcolm, Reese and Dewey are home alone and Dewey discovers Hal's spare key to the car. Malcolm and Reese plan on destruction, but Dewey doesn't let them have the key. They try everything on him like torturing and being nice, but Dewey outsmarts them. Lois learns that Francis isn't really an alcoholic. He just knows that he and Lois had a problem, but now he's better and that Lois needs help.

This episode was great! It was good seeing Francis and Piama again! The Dewey/Reese/Malcolm things were funny! This episode gets a 10!
  • Some ups and downs with this episode.

Lois and Hal go see Francis in celebrating his one year anniversary in A.A. I thought to myself, Francis never drinks but it made it sense at the ending when he mentioned that "you don't have to be an alcoholic." The Malcolm, Reese, and Dewey part was pretty funny. Dewey has the spare key and wants to go to the arcade but Malcolm and Reese want to go across town and torture people there until Dewey swallows the key. It was unexpected but it still was a good plot. I thought that this episode was well-written. Too bad, they're not coming back next season :(