Malcolm in the Middle

Bomb Shelter

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Apr 02, 2006 on FOX

• It was very entertaining.

I liked this episode of Malcolm in the Middle. It had everything. The comedy was decent, storyline was good, and I thought that the writing was good as well. I think that it was a good show for what it was worth as I liked the bits here and there. My favorite parts had to be where Hal tricks Reese and Dewey. I thought that Hal would have been caught a long time ago, but he managed to hang in there for quite some time. I also thought that Malcolm was okay, but he was annoying in a sense. Overall, a good episode. Thank you.
  • Funny!

Malcolm goes to dance class for a girl, but when she is clumsy and has an accident, Malcolm starts dancing with Danielle, a very good dancer, but not so good beauty-wise. Malcolm starts to like her, but then when she says that she only likes him because he's not that good-looking, they don't get along. Reese and Dewey find a bomb shelter. They trap Hal inside and it's small and lonely at first, but when Hal discovers that it's big and full of luxuries, he stays down there. Reese and Dewey do the board of Hal's To Do things hoping that he won't be mad at them for locking him down there. Hal discovers another exit and goes back and forth from the house to the shelter. Lois enters a contest to win a new truck. In the end, it's down to her and another tough woman, but Lois wins.

This episode was great! I would love to be down there in the bomb shelter! That place had a lot of cool stuff! I would also want to enter a contest like Lois did. This episode gets a 10 out of 10 from me!
  • An excellent episode.

First of all, I was very impressed that the show did not decide to go with the cliche in the dance plotline. I definitely expected Malcolm to reject Danielle and then at the dance competition realize that she is actually hot when she lets down her hair and takes off her glasses (like in She's All That or any of the other teen movies).

I liked the Lois plotline. Very typical of her character.

Even Hal's story was good this week. He wasn't half as annoying as he usually is. I thought it was funny that the boys decided to do his chores and that "Change Dewey's diaper" was actually on the board.