Malcolm in the Middle

Butterflies

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Apr 10, 2005 on FOX

• It was decent.

I liked the fact that it was a decent episode. Nothing spectacular and nothing bad. It was pretty much right in the middle for my rating. I must admit that it was somewhat better than I thought it would be. The writing was okay, the comedy was decent, and the plot was good. I especially liked the plot with the guy living inside the store. I always have thought living inside a store would be fun, yet difficult. Reese was okay in this episode, although I have to say that he needs to grow up and stop being such a pain to society. Thank you.
  • I loved it!

Malcolm finds a man living in Lucky Aid. Because Malcolm has a crush on an employee and the man knows them all, Malcolm lets him stay while he gives information on her. Lois and Malcolm are working the graveyard shift with Craig. Reese's new job is pest control, but the boss makes him spread bugs around hoping to get a call. When he is arrested, Reese gets all the catepillars to himself. He keeps them as pets and is responsible with them. Lois wants Hal to throw them out, but he lets Reese keep them. They turn into butterflies and scare Reese. Dewey gets his own bed for a while since Malcolm is working the graveyard shift. His crush disses him after she thinks he stalked with her because he has all that information.

This episode was great! The butterflies were cool! That would be kind of cool to live in a store, but also kind of weird. I give this episode a 10 out of 10!
  • Great episode!

Reese takes like a thousand worms to his place and wishes for them to become great and beautiful butterflies after his boss is arrested, but when they do, Reese realizes that they are too many and that they are uncontrolable. Meanwhile, Malcolm finds a guy, Norm, living in the Lucky Aide in order to escape from the world, Malcolm says that he will keep the secret if he keeps helping him with his crush, but when Lois finds out, things turn out to be wrong, and also for Malcolm's crush. It was a cool episode!
  • Love that Norm guy!

What an idea! A man living in the store for over three years! I thought it was original and great. When Malcom finds him behind the balls, then it cuts to commercial I couldn't wait to see what happens!

What an interesting concept. I thought that it was the best idea of the episode. Of course, Jane K. makes the series though. Another fine example of her acting.