Malcolm in the Middle

Sleepover

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Feb 20, 2000 on FOX

• Sleepover

Malcolm spends the night at Stevie's, but his overprotective parents prompts malcolm to take him to the video game arcade. While there however, Stevie's wheelchair is stolen. Now Malcolm and Stevie have to find it so they do not get into any trouble.

Reese wants to stay up all night to watch a Chucky movie. Lois says he can, if he puts Dewey to bed. In the end Reese crashes.

A group of older cadets is making life Hell for people at Marlin Academy. Who's next? Francis.

A pretty funny episode with a line near the end that always seems to crack me up.
  • I loved it!

Malcolm goes to a sleepover at Stevie's house. It's the first time that Stevie has had a sleepover. His parents are super strict and don't even let Malcolm and Stevie make a model dinosaur. They have to be in bed before 8 and they only have 4 minutes to chat before falling asleep. Oh, I'm sorry, Stevie's dad said that he knows what it's like to be a guy, so he sets the timer to 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Of course, Malcolm wants to have some real fun, so he and Stevie sneak out and go to an arcade. Stevie's wheelchair is stolen. When Stevie and Malcolm get it back and head home, the police are at Stevie's house and Malcolm runs away. Francis is tired of these bullies at the military school, so he stands up to them. Reese wants to watch an R-rated movie, so Lois agrees only if he gives Dewey a bath and puts him to bed. Lois and Hal spend their precious time alone together.

This was a great episode! Man, I would hate to have Stevie's parents! Talk about strict!! This episode gets a 9.5 out of 10!
  • Malcolm and Stevie snick out from Stevie's house in order to go to an arcade, but it all turns bad when someone steals Stevie's wheelchair.

I think that this episode was one of the best episodes of the season, because Malcolm and Stevie sneak out in order to go on and I think that this episode was not that bad and I think that this episode was actually really good indeed, and the first time that I see Stevie doing something that is against the rules...
    Besides, Reese tries to make Dewey to go to bed in order to watch the movie of Chucky, but Dewey ends up watching it instead, I think that this episode was really cool indeed and I think that it should have gotten a better score.
    It was funny!
  • As the title suggests, there's a sleepover involved!

This is the first episode to have Stevie as a main character as he is crucial to Malcolm's plot in this episode where he sleeps over at Stevie's overprotective parents' house and helps him escape for the night.

I had to deal with no television and unreasonable bedtimes at an embarrassing age but I never had to deal with alarms being installed in my room to ensure that I couldn't escape and this episode definitely does exaggerate the idea of overprotective parents which makes it so funny.

Whether it be Francis stating that his mother would always be a greater evil than the "cult" or Malcolm stealing the guard's chair, this episode is definitely entertaining.