Malcolm in the Middle

Smunday

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM May 14, 2000 on FOX

• Sick

Lois is really sick and thinks that the boys are still grounded from a punishment {she thinks it is Sunday}. But it is Monday, and Malcolm, Reese and Dewey convince her it is Sunday so they skip school. But Francis needs their help. Later they learn it was Francis' fault they were grounded. Will they help their older brother or will they give him a taste of his own medicine?

Main plot was good and creative, it was pretty funny and the thing they do at the end was funny. Sub plot was random but it fit into the episode
  • One of my favorite episodes.

I have to say that this episode was brilliant. I thought that the writing was good, acting was good, and the comedy was great. I can't believe the brothers pulled one over control freak Lois. I have to say it was hilarious to see them fool her and it was a great show. My favorite parts of the show had to be where the brothers keep asking Lois questions and she spills her guts. I thought that it was really funny. I also thought that Hal was funny when he was being pressured to buy a sports car. Overall, a great episode. Thank you.
  • Hilarious!

Lois has a fever of 104. Malcolm convinces her that it's Sunday and not Monday. They are techinically free from grounding, but they can't do anything or else Lois will punish them more. Malcolm, Reese and Dewey find out that Francis ratted on them. They plan to get revenge by showing her a letter of what Francis did. She gets really mad and they boys feel bad so they do something to take the focus off Francis. Hal buys a new car.

This was a great episode! I can't believe what happened in the end! Malcolm is really smart with his genius plan! This episode gets a 10!
  • Great!

Cool episode! This episode I think that is really cool, the boys decided to trick Lois to make her thought like if it is Sunday instead of Monday in order not to go to school, but soon find themselves with nothing to do, and well I think that is really cool and is one of the funniest episodes of Malcolm in the Middle, the part when Richie makes an appearance is really funny!
  • One of the best endings ever!

Malcolm's plan going wrong was a terrific plot since they could stay home from school, Lois being too sick to know it wasn't Sunday but not sick enough to know that the boys were grounded from TV and leaving the house, making the boys stay at home almost as boring as if they'd gone to school and if they had, they wouldn't be in trouble for doing something boring.

Francis' letter made the plot even better as did Lois becoming a human truth-teller, Dewey's only question being "What's your favourite colour?"

The end is hilarious but I won't give it away for those who haven't seen it but it collides both plots in a big way.
Zoo