Malcolm in the Middle

Water Park (1)

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM May 21, 2000 on FOX

• Water Park

The family go to the water park, except for Dewey who has to stay home.

Malcolm and Reese get in a lot of fights and do mean pranks to each other all day.

Francis has been hustling at pool, and Commandant Spangler finds out, so they have a match to see who is better.

Dewey stays home and has a fun time with his weird babysitter, until she dies.

Dewey finds a balloon, chases it, and in the end he is in a strange location, and the episode ends in a To Be Continued.

A funny episode and one of their all-timer bests! Love it
  • Dewey is left home alone, while the family go off to a waterpark.

This review includes spoilers, of the tv movie "Waterpark". If you have not seen the season finale, please don't read.

PART I
    Real hilarious, in the season finale and first tv movie. It was fun to see Dewey with a babysitter, but sad to see her die in an accident. The family (excluding Dewey and Francis) go off to a waterpark and Francis faces off in a pool challenge. It was funny, how Malcolm, Reese, and their mother all go down and get pushed down the water slide. I give, Part I, a 9.5. A great beginning to start off a tv movie, and ending a season finale.
  • Great!

Malcolm and the family go to a water park, but Dewey must stay home with an old babysitter. Reese and Malcolm are fighting at the park, while Hal and Lois try to be romantic. Dewey and the babysitter aren't having fun, until Dewey comments on one of her buttons. She is driven to the hospital after dancing. Francis plays Edwin Spangler in pool. Both are good and it's just really confusing what goes on. Dewey gets lost.

This was a great episode! I can't believe Dewey was like in China or something. That was weird. This episode gets a 9.0 out of 10!
  • The family goes to a waterpark.

The family, except Dewey go to a waterpark. When Dewey's babysitter goes to the hospital, Dewey is left alone. At the park, Malcolm and Reese cause trouble. So much the whole family gets kicked out. The episode ends with Dewey chasing a balloon downt the street. I really ejoyed this episode and I note it as one of the classics.
  • it was a good episode i liked it it was funney

i realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy funny it was probaly one of my favorite vidieos i thienk it had some awsome acting in it also i thienk the older ones are better it realy just brings out the actors feelings for the show . not all actors care about acting as much as they do im shure all of yo agree with me also it would be preety hard not to cuzz malcoulm in the middle is a veary veary veary veary veary veary veary veary veary veary veary veary veary veary veary vearyy veary veary veary famile oriented film and this is probly the best way to relax with your family with a veary classy film like u no cuz its like awsome and like amazing if u belive there is another way to spend a better way with your family then speek up laoud cuz if u agree with me theen good 4 u cuzz it is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yep awsome
  • The family go to an uneventful day at the water park - oh wait, it's Malcolm's family - that's not possible!

I really want to see the second part to this episode and that is the marks of a good cliffhanger.

While Dewey's plot started out boring, the babysiter's death brought it much humour and Dewey ends up lost after chasing a balloon so out of that plot I would give it an 8.8.

The Malcolm and Reese embarrassment war was hilarious with great jokes and visual humour throughout and that plot is definitely worthy of a 10.

Francis' plot is pehaps the funniest plot of the episode in the "whoever loses, wins" plot (another 10) though Lois down the waterslide is the best ending with the claws of death yanking Reese and Malcolm down with her.

Overall, (I'm not good at math so I'll just guess), the episode has the score of 9.7 in my opinion and is a terrific cliffhanger.
  • Malcolm and Reese fight in a water park, Dewey is with his babysitter, and Francis plays pool against Spangler.

This episode is very good, first of all Malcolm and Reese fight against each other in a water park, causing a very big chaos between the brothers, that ultimately, ends up being a problem for Lois who wants to spent the perfect with Hal. Meanwhile, at home Dewey makes his babysitter to died after they sing a song together, and Francis plays pool against Spangler to see who is the worst.
    This is such a great episode, perfect for being the season finale's episode. Just love it.
  • Malcolm and Reese fight at a water park; Dewey is left home with an old, irritable woman; Francis and Spangler face off in a game of pool

7.9
    The family goes to a water park, except for Dewey, who has an ear infection and is instead left home with a nasty old woman for a babysitter. It looks like things will go fine until Reese mentions Malcolm's sinuses problems and shows everyone that he brought the noseplugs. Malcolm, upset that he'll have to walk around with noseplugs all days, gets back at Reese when they get to the park. The two fight back at each other the entire trip. Meanwhile, Francis realizes Spangler knows he's been letting him win. Spangler demands a rematch where Francis tries his hardest, and with painful consequences if Francis loses. This is the finale for the first season, and it's an okay episode.