Malibu Country Forums

ABC (ended 2013)

Reba 2.0?

keramarie

[1]Jul 12, 2012
    • level: 10

I absolutely loved the tv show Reba that ended in 2007 but, I have mixed feelings about this show. I will definitely watch it and I bet I am going to enjoy it. Come on, Reba's a legend! It seems like this show will be very similar to Reba: cheating husband, cooky family, signature red-headed daughter... I just hope that it is somewhat original. She is a country singer in this show, when she was a housewife in Reba. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darnok69

[2]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 3

Yeah Reba was and still is a funny show and is still playing here in Australia but am looking forward to the new show too.

RebaFan1996

[3]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 1

I thought "Reba 2.0" at first as well but perhaps that's only because many of the same production team are involved. Really enjoying the fact with this show we'll get new music from Reba on a regular basis.

PhantomDragon16

[4]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 8

I also thought this show reminded me a lot of Reba, but more like an alternate version or "what if" story (like, what if Reba was a country singer instead of a housewife, or had an annoying next-door neighbor instead of an annoying "woman who [my] husband cheated with and suddenly thinks she's [my] best friend").

Although now that I've seen the third episode, oddly enough, I'm thinking Hannah Montana. Is that weird? It would be like "what if" a country singer got discovered at 40 instead of 14? Is that a weird opinion?

NikiMattson

[5]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 11
    There are a couple similarities, like Kim on MC reminds me of BJ on Reba, the same bubbly, wholesome kind of person.
    I recently just got into Reba with reruns, and I think I will really like MC too. Maybe as much as I like Reba.

rebachick94

[6]Jul 23, 2013
    • level: 16

I've only seen a couple episodes, but I thought the same thing. During the pilot, I was like, "Poor Reba, she's always getting left by the cheating husband!" I found the new show quite funny, and I definitely want to watch the entire season.

Edited on 07/23/2013 2:33pm