Mama's Family

NBC (ended 1990)

boechsner

Mama's Family Fan Reviews (43)

• To be honest the syndicated version of the show was much better too bad they couldn't have had that cast first.

This is my all time # 1 show ever. Maybe not the first run version, but lets just say I love WTBS. I can't remember the last time TBS took it off the re-run circuit. Vicki lawrence is so funny as Mama Harper that I would have loved to have a mama like that. This show is so corny I love it, the jokes about Pia Zadora are still funny today. I loved the addition of Iola also, she was so strange at first actually coo-coing over Vint in the first few seasons, and then it was like she was a unich. This show makes me laugh even though I have seen every episode probably more than 10 times each. And my year was totally brightened 1000% when I heard they were releasing MAMS FAMILY on DVD..... I called everyone I knew, and I pray they have outakes. I recently saw Mama and her One woman show and in the middle of the show( Vicki's change into Mama) they showed some outakes, and I never laughed to hard in my life. If you haven't seen Vicki in her "One Woman Show", it is worth the trip.