Man in a Suitcase

ITV (ended 1968)

Gislef

Man in a Suitcase Fan Reviews (2)

6.7
  • Richard Bradford was born to play McGill! He gave him depth, strength, credibility and, in my opinion, he created the best cult TV action hero of them all!

McGill wasn't a 'super hero' but in fact a man who sometimes had more integrity than those who employed him. He was loyal and would refuse higher offers made to him, taking only what he'd previously agreed on by whoever had hired him. He was a loner, an enigma, and this for me, helped keep the series/characterisation alive and intriguing! The shows could have downbeat endings - something almost unheard of then! Another realistic aspect in the production, was he didn't have the flashy cars or the dollybirds on each arm. Get the dvds and prepare to be entertained!
  • GREAT TV SHOW !

Recently bought the DVD set. I wish there had been more than one season. McGill, who is played by Richard Bradford, is a former CIA agent who is wrongly accused of treason and is force out of the service. With only a suitcase and a gun, McGill travels Europe using the only skill he knows-undercover espionage. Unlike many other like minded '60s shows, McGill is a rough and tumble, no nonsense character that makes the show realistic.