Manimal

NBC (ended 1983)

Manimal Fan Reviews (10)

• I liked this show

I`m suprised that this is one of the worst shows of all time. It rocks! I loved every minute of the show and the plots really get all my undivided attention.
  • Manimal Rules!

People are still haters after all these years. There are far worse shows than Manimal and not as many shows have such an original story. For some of us that was into comic books and things this show was made for us. A crime fighter who could change into any animal! The hawk was nice, The panther looked cool. But what can you do when you're going up against Knight Rider.
  • Man morphs into any animals he wants to fight crime.

Hey, this show was so bad now that I think about it but it was also 20 years ago, Also, this was the most repeated show in Colombian TV for that time.

It was so famous that all of my friends would pretend to be Manimal and we would shift-shapes. It didn't matter if it was the same 7 episodes over and over again, all we wanted was to see the cool (for that time) morphing of Jonathan into these wild animals.

As I was saying, now that i think about it, this show was BAD, it is lame and I see why i got the axe only after 7 episodes, IT SUCKED!
  • This is simply a dreadfully bad show. Acting, writing, and special effects are all painfully bad.

I remember when this show premiered back in 1983. At the time there was a bit of a trend of stories about humans who turned into animals, and there was actually a lot of hype surrounding this show's debut.

I was 9 years old and certainly tuned in on the first night. At the time, I thought it was pretty cool and developed a picture in my mind of what the show looked like. I especially had created an image of what the guys animal transformations were like.

Over the years, I must have embellished my memory a bit, because recently I finally managed to get my hands on a VHS copy of the show to finally see it one more time.

Unfortunatly, I discovered that the show is actually horrendously bad. So bad, that most of us in the room watching it were laughing at its ineptness.

On just about every level the show was a disappointment. Acting, and writing were especially bad. But even the animal transformation scenes, which I had remembered being pretty cool, were just horrible. Even by the standards of when they were done, the special effects were bad. Not only bad from a technical standpoint, but bad from an artistic standpoint as well.

Its an ugly trainwreck of a show. Without a doubt, there are others like me who have a nice memory of this show. Hunt it down if you must, but be prepared to find a show that is much worse than your childhood memories would lead you to believe.
  • Whoever created this disaster should be in prison.

1.5
    Ok, I barely remember it but I do remember feelings of feeling like I was going to hurl chunks. Ok, I need another 80 words since the minimum number of words for a review is 100. Its not as bad as My Mother The Car, but that doesnt rally matter. Only 50 words to go! Make that 43. Ok, well what more is there to say? "Surf Nazis Must Die" was Oscar material compared to MANIMAL. Maybe they could make a series about SNMD? It could star Kurt Russell as Adolf and Madonna as Eva Braun. Well, ok I finally made it to 100 words. Tootaloo.
  • Manimal, a british playboy/detective, also had the power to morph into animals. This was no easy feat - he had to concentrate very hard and breathe deeply until his skin started to bubble and he began growing a beak, fur or snakeskin. Great special FX!

7.7
    This is one of those shows you can't believe even existed. Manimal is one of those things (like Automan, or Hardcastle & McCormick) that are buried deep within the dumpster regions of our brains, and occasionally, the winds of random memories (or drugs) give us a whiff of them. Manimal came out in the extremely fertile Knight-Rider 80's, where there was no such thing as "ridiculous" in a TV-show. The makers apparently thought it would be cool to have a Magnum-PI type character who could turn into an animal. This show was a huge hit in Italy for years.
  • barely remember it

5.1
    i was like nine or ten years old when this show came out. it was one of the worst shows from the 80's but i remember it fondly. but what the hell did i know, i was only nine or ten years old. the actor that played the lead, i don't remember his name, but i remember seeing him in things later on, so i'm glad to see this show didn't ruin his career.
  • I grew up in Germany and when returning home to the West, one of the first shows I got into - now that we had english channels - was Manimal.

7.2
    This show was one of the coolest that I remember from my childhood. It sparked much imagining on my part and helped mold me into the sci-fi and action adventure buff that I remain today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see all the show's but hope to catch it on DVD soon. Glad to see there's still a crowd out there showing the appreciation for risk-taking imaginative shows such as this and others like "Misfits of Science." C'mon, how can you not like shows involving superpowers?!
  • THE BEST SHOW THAT HAS EVER BEEN ON T.V!!

OH MY GOD!!! Manimal is officially the best show ever!! And it's actually Spelt Simon MacCorkindale!! I am a massive fan of his work! I have his autograph and I am currently perchasing many of his earlier work on dvd!!

Manimal is the best show ever because for 1 thing it stars Simon MacCorkindale, it's soooo funny as well...they should bring it back!! Think of how good it would be now!! In this day of age, the graphics of the transformations would be fantastic!! My only queery is that if they bought it back that Simon wouldn't be starring in it, it wouldn't be the same manimal!!
  • C'mon, it's 'Manimal'!

2.1
    Come on, we're talking about Manimal! Really, it's man plus animal = manimal! Cmon. Really. What did you expect? Manimal!

As a show about a man plus animal = manimal, it succeeds brilliantly.

Simon Mackorkindale! Is that how his name is spelled? It doesn't matter, because he'll always be known as 'Manimal,' and also the cocky guy from 'Jaws 3-D' whose semi-eaten arm was stuck in the shark's mouth, still clutching an underwater grenade. This grenade allowed Dennis Quaid and Bess Armstrong to vanquish the evil, vengeful shark who had grown angry with Calvin Bouchard (Lou Gossett Jr.) and his Bouchard Gardens theme park.