Marcel's Quantum Kitchen

Monday 10:00 PM on Syfy Premiered Mar 14, 2011 Between Seasons

Marcel's Quantum Kitchen Fan Reviews (4)

5.1
  • Last time I checked the Sci-Fi channel was not a place for cooking shows.

It seems that TV seems to be getting worse everyday now. CN is struggling to get back to its roots. Nickelodeon is now shambles of its glory. Even Sci-Fi channel has fallen to the ever growing problem with TV, and this show is a prime example. In Marcel's Quantum Kitchen it centers around an owner of a catering company named Marcel and his use of scientific knowledge to create delicate foods. There are 2 main problems with this show alone the first is the host Marcel. Marcel was originally a contender on Top Chef, and truth be told I never really watched that show, but I have seen Marcel on T.C., and he was an arrogant jerk who flies off the handle. He eventually says that it was due to him being a perfectionist, but I don't think that's a real good reason. He's no better on this show at all though. Marcel still acts like a pompous jerk to everyone, and treats everyone like an inferior person to him. Also Marcel is such a terrible cook, and his food looks terrible. I am not that much of a cook, but I could do a much better job than him. The second problem of this show is that it's on the Sci-Fi channel. I mean when did we need these type of shows on Sci-Fi. That would be like putting a horror movie on Noggin. It's way out of place, and unneeded garbage. Also the science this show claims to have is nearly nonexistent. The show is 75% cooking, 24% of Marcel being a jerk, and only 1% of science. Now while some of the food cooked up like the meat, and even the Dragon Fruit Drinks were OK I didn't want to see this stuff on a place for Sci-Fi. There is no joy in this show at all with an arrogant jerk of a host, lack of science, and the fact that this is a cooking show in Sci-Fi channel this show needs to be taken off the air ASAP. If anyone from Sci-Fi is reading this now please cancel this show now, and go back to making Sci-Fi shows only please. Don't become like what has happened to Nick, CN, and so many more channels. Even if you are a cooking fan, no matter what do not ever see this show ever, and go to Food Network, and watch Good Eats, Top Chef, or any other cooking show than this. It's not worth it no matter what.