Marcus Welby, M.D.

ABC (ended 1976)

RoxieVelma

Marcus Welby, M.D. Fan Reviews (3)

7.7
  • Great G rated classic that is often just as pertinent today as it was nearly 40 years ago.

I watched this show as a child and loved it then, as I still do now. My own child, who is 6, loves to watch it today as well. WE are lucky that Retro Network is currently carrying Marcus Welby in reruns. We simply record it on the DVR and watch it together on the weekends or before bed.I do not have to worry about violence, or sex, or drugs or bad language. I am very protective over what my child watches on TV for the most part. I also believe in discussing social issues and what is going on in the world, even today the show still opens up opportunities for discussion. People have got to remember a great TV show doesnt need to cost a million dollars an episode, it doesnt need flashy computer graphics, sex, drugs, rock and roll,car chases or lots of flash. A truely great TV show or movie is about the story line and the characters. I compare the old tv shows to something more along the lines of going to the theatre and watching the characters develop with very little in the way of special effects or flash. I hope that a new generation will fall in love with Dr. Welby, Dr. Kiley and Conswelo. I am blessed to have a family doctor that is much like Dr. Welby, although he stopped making house calls when i was in high school. He is a general practioner that has delivered babies, set simple fractures and will still actually treat a patient instead of shipping them off to specialist.. it is an awesome show, take the time to watch it if you get a chance.