Martha Speaks

Weekdays 3:30 PM on PBS Premiered Sep 01, 2008 Between Seasons

bluecatcinema

Martha Speaks Fan Reviews (9)

7.7
  • Fun show for kids and adults alike.

I had always enjoyed the "Martha Speaks" book series when I was a kid, so when I heard that it had graduated into a TV series, I naturally wanted to see how it turned out. Before watching an episode, I was afraid that they would stray from the books a lot, but I was wrong and pleasantly surprised! This is a very sweet show.

Plotlines: Almost all, if not all of the stories are well thought out and have an easily identifiable beginning, climax, and ending. They are also imaginative and original, which is sure to enchant all who listen to them. Characters: The characters on the show, particularly Martha, are fun to watch and learn about. I like how they are all so well-rounded and they each have a purpose in the series. My favorite character other than the dogs is probably TD, because he has been the source of many a comical moment on the show.

Educational Value: The writers do a fine job of incorporating new vocabulary words in every episode. It may annoy some people how the same words are used several times throughout the show, but I believe that is a good thing as it shows kids how they can use the words in real life. Arbitrary, consensus, and audible are examples of words they use on the show.

Miscellaneous: - The animation and art is clear and consistent.
    - The voice actors are talented for their ages and the voices fit the characters.
    - Many times the episode contains a moral.

Overall: I love watching "Martha Speaks" and I hope it continues to be as good as it is now.