Martha Forums

Daily 10:00 AM on Between Seasons

Joey?

TheTSArt

[1]Mar 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    I'm just curious if anyone has any opinions on Joey, the audience warm-up guy. He seems to be getting a lot of airtime lately. I kind of like him, but he's also a bit annoying too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stillcountry

[2]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 5
    TheTSArt wrote:
    I'm just curious if anyone has any opinions on Joey, the audience warm-up guy. He seems to be getting a lot of airtime lately. I kind of like him, but he's also a bit annoying too.

I have to agree with you, I thought I was the only one who thought he was a little annoying after a few minutes of Martha talking to him. I guess a little bit of him goes a long ways...haha...although I have never seen the show in person he must do a good job of warming up the show..he has a friendly smile....but like you I confess I kinda like him too...

RoxieVelma

[3]Mar 29, 2006
    • level: 60
    He used to get on my nerves when he was on Rosie's show so much. He was her old warm up guy as well. He's not as irritating now to me. Either he has warmed me over or I'm just used to him.

TheTSArt

[4]Mar 30, 2006
    I didn't realize he was on Rosie, too... although I didn't get to see her show as much.

I'm glad he seems to not be on the show as much now, a little of him is okay--not everyday, though.

I don't think I could stand an hour, half-hour--whatever of him if I ever went to an actual taping the show.

Loswellias

[5]Apr 1, 2006
    • level: 12
    I like Joey

stillcountry

[6]Apr 1, 2006
    I thought he was annoying on the "April Fools Day" episode. You could see him waving his arms about everytime the camera panned to him...

TheTSArt

[7]Apr 4, 2006
    stillcountry wrote:
    I thought he was annoying on the "April Fools Day" episode. You could see him waving his arms about everytime the camera panned to him...

ROFL! Too true!

stillcountry

[8]Apr 20, 2006
    I had to laugh at him on today's episode...Martha asked him something about his daffodils and he rambled a quick response and she said "can you talk any faster" and he just nodded his head...LOL...

TheTSArt

[9]Apr 21, 2006
    Yeah, that was funny! I've also noticed he hardly ever finishes a sentence...he just kind of trails off into.........

stillcountry

[10]Apr 22, 2006
    you are right!! LOL

stillcountry

[11]Apr 29, 2006
    Hey TSArt.....did you notice on Monday's show (4-24) Joey's son in the audience?...oh my gosh..did you see the resemblence?? He looked like a lil ole Joey sitting there

TheTSArt

[12]May 10, 2006
    Stillcountry, I did see that show, and I saw the family... However, I was so shocked that he had a wife and kids that I didn't really notice what they looked like!

dramafreezone

[13]May 12, 2006
    • level: 16

I think that Joey is in above his head working around Ms Stewart.  She makes Leona "The Queen of Mean" Helmsley look like a mormon sunday school teacher.  I wonder if she's aware that having class means not patronizing and degrading others...i'd say no, she's rude, crude and completely unhinged with reality.  I think the next time Martha's nasty to him, Joey should slap the ex-con and walk....this would be the only reason to take another view of this monsterous joke of a show.

TheTSArt

[14]May 13, 2006
    Considering how much time Martha has allowed Joey to be on air, I'd say she's been extremely nice to him!

Perhaps, if you are actually watching the show, you should open your eyes and actually see who Martha really is. Everyone I know who criticized her, who has also now seen her, show has a completely different view of her. She is not the highly polished, every word is correct and perfect Martha we knew from her old show.

I will give you one point, slightly. "Unhinged with reality." We are ALL hinged to our own reality, one way or another. For her, she is a millionaire, and sometimes she forgets that not everyone has access to the resources she does. It usually does hit her though later on and she has fun at her own expense because of it. I don't begrudge her this, because I know she worked hard to get where she is.

stillcountry

[15]May 31, 2006

TheTSArt wrote:
    Stillcountry, I did see that show, and I saw the family... However, I was so shocked that he had a wife and kids that I didn't really notice what they looked like!

LOL...on the shock of him having a family...but if that episode repeats, look at his son...wow! what a resemblence.......

stillcountry

[16]May 31, 2006
    dramafreezone wrote:

I think that Joey is in above his head working around Ms Stewart.  She makes Leona "The Queen of Mean" Helmsley look like a mormon sunday school teacher.  I wonder if she's aware that having class means not patronizing and degrading others...i'd say no, she's rude, crude and completely unhinged with reality.  I think the next time Martha's nasty to him, Joey should slap the ex-con and walk....this would be the only reason to take another view of this monsterous joke of a show.

I know you are entitled to your own opinion, like we all  are.....but I find this post very condescending, rude, and crude cause you need to open your eyes to see the show..I have never seen Martha be nasty to Joey...what show are you watching??....I have been a fan of Martha's since she had her first PBS special in the 1980's and when her first book "Entertaining" hit the bookstores....
    Edited on 05/31/2006 5:03pm

TheTSArt

[17]Jul 18, 2006
    Since regular episodes of everything has ended, I've not been on here much... (plus, I've had a few major things happen in my life).

I haven't been watching the Martha repeats but caught one this morning... It's really interesting that they've got new Martha introing clips from the past season and throwing in a few new tidbits here and there.

I wonder what I've missed?! I hope there haven't been any entirely new shows...

stillcountry

[18]Jul 30, 2006
    TheTSArt wrote:
    Since regular episodes of everything has ended, I've not been on here much... (plus, I've had a few major things happen in my life).

I haven't been watching the Martha repeats but caught one this morning... It's really interesting that they've got new Martha introing clips from the past season and throwing in a few new tidbits here and there.

I wonder what I've missed?! I hope there haven't been any entirely new shows...

Hi...I hope everything is going good for you!! No you havent missed any new shows, I think they start Sept. 12th...your like me on the intros...I was like "hey this is new" all they did was add new taped intros and tidbits, they even did a week of "good thing summer shows" but now they are showing repeats again....

TheTSArt

[19]Aug 18, 2006
    That's interesting... I'm not familiar with other shows ever doing that. I wonder what the purpose was.

BTW, thanks... all is okay here, just some unexpected changes.
    Edited on 08/18/2006 11:22am

stillcountry

[20]Sep 24, 2006
    I too thought that was interesting as how they marketed the show for summer and kept it going....more shows could learn from that....but that is our Martha....way to go...keep the audience interested and then have them wanting more...I couldnt wait for the new season and its been great so far....and who hasnt entered the KB Homes giveaway...what a great contest and fun to play too.......