Martha Forums

Daily 10:00 AM on Between Seasons

Joey?

stillcountry

[21]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 5
    BTW..TSART.....I am glad everything is ok your way.........
    Edited on 09/24/2006 3:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheTSArt

[22]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 10
    Stillcountry, thanks!

I'm really sad to say though, that none of my local stations are carrying Martha this year. The station the used to carry it is airing Rachel Ray in her place, which just isn't the same. You can watch full episodes of Martha (minus the opening theme) on her website, but it just isn't the same sitting in front of the computer staring at a small box in a browser window. So far I've only watched two episodes online this season.

stillcountry

[23]Oct 16, 2006
    Oh that figures..and here they said several networks were keeping the Martha show and several more were picking it up..luckily (for now if I dont jinx myself-lol) I have 2 local networks that carry the show..that is good though you can watch it on her website, but like you said its not the same as watching a televison..I would rather watch it on televison..gee..what did we do before all this technology...lol...lol....oh and you said its the whole show minus the theme song opening..well...I havent seen it yet this far...either the Martha show has stopped using it or they cut it too at the stations...I liked it too.....and oh my so much Joey this season...lol....

TheTSArt

[24]Oct 21, 2006
    So that's where my Martha went... over to your city! No fair, you got two Marthas, give one back! hahaha

Well, that's interesting, I wonder if they did drop the opening all together? I know a lot of programs do that so they can have more time for the show, but I'm a sort of theme junkie and really think they add something to shows.

I just watched the episode with Andy Dick. I'm really not a fan of his, but he did get some great reactions out of her!

Even more Joey? Oh my, perhaps it's for the best I'm not seeing it on a daily basis!

dude6363

[25]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 60
    I actually met Joey @ Martha's 'Good Things' event. I got an autograph and spoke to him for a minute. Very nice guy. He warmed us up too at the event lol. Also I got to meet Martha! Shook her hand, hug, autographs (2!!!!). Best day of my life!

stillcountry

[26]Nov 23, 2006
    TheTSArt wrote:
    So that's where my Martha went... over to your city! No fair, you got two Marthas, give one back! hahaha

Well, that's interesting, I wonder if they did drop the opening all together? I know a lot of programs do that so they can have more time for the show, but I'm a sort of theme junkie and really think they add something to shows.

I just watched the episode with Andy Dick. I'm really not a fan of his, but he did get some great reactions out of her!

Even more Joey? Oh my, perhaps it's for the best I'm not seeing it on a daily basis!

I am with you, I enjoy the TV theme songs..they stick with us all of our lives..but I have heard too a lot of shows have dropped their theme songs and/or openings..Television sure has changed.
    Yes I have 2 Martha's...hehehe...I will try to send 1 your way...hehehe...

stillcountry

[27]Nov 23, 2006
    dude6363 wrote:
    I actually met Joey @ Martha's 'Good Things' event. I got an autograph and spoke to him for a minute. Very nice guy. He warmed us up too at the event lol. Also I got to meet Martha! Shook her hand, hug, autographs (2!!!!). Best day of my life!

Lucky you...sounds like you had a great time..the event sounded like it would be so fun..and how great to meet and hug Martha..I hope to someday

dude6363

[28]Dec 21, 2006
    Stillcountry, Martha genuinly is a very nice woman. It was such an honor to be with her. We chatted even though all the people were there. I cherish the picture of me and her. I also have some amazing shot of her up really, really close that the tv never shows. I accidently got such an unflattering picture lol. It shows brown splotches on her face and it's a shot that shows the inside of her nose!! She chatted for a considerable amount of time considering the amount of people at the event and the limited time she was out. She talked on a stage for an hour and a half which rocked. She signed a copy of Living I own and a t-shirt I bought from the event. You'll never catching me wearing that! I'd wear 10 bibs to drink!! he he

TheTSArt

[29]Dec 30, 2006
    That's really neat! Glad to hear that you found her nice in person too (although it doesn't surprise me). I had heard about event, was it in her studios? Do you live in NY or did you go there specifically to see her?

dude6363

[30]Jan 22, 2007

She rented a warehouse that she completly re-vamped. There was lots of space which was nice but to get from one thing to something directly across could take a minute or two. I went to NY just for it cause I don't live there but it was only about a two hour drive. If you want all the details I love giving them to all who wish to hear. So far that's been about three friends. I can give you everything or a small summary or nothing if you wish.

TheTSArt

[31]May 28, 2007
    Haven't been back here in a while...  January, I guess!  Love to hear details about your visit, if you get back here to read this! 

stillcountry

[32]Feb 26, 2008

dude6363 wrote:
    Stillcountry, Martha genuinly is a very nice woman. It was such an honor to be with her. We chatted even though all the people were there. I cherish the picture of me and her. I also have some amazing shot of her up really, really close that the tv never shows. I accidently got such an unflattering picture lol. It shows brown splotches on her face and it's a shot that shows the inside of her nose!! She chatted for a considerable amount of time considering the amount of people at the event and the limited time she was out. She talked on a stage for an hour and a half which rocked. She signed a copy of Living I own and a t-shirt I bought from the event. You'll never catching me wearing that! I'd wear 10 bibs to drink!! he he

That sounds wonderful...lucky you...I hope to visit NYC someday and see the show...

stillcountry

[33]Feb 26, 2008
    I rarely get on here....but I have noticed on this season Joey hasnt been so bad and I love the banter between he and Martha...It sems very relaxed now and more informal with Martha and the staff...The woman is just wonderful. Great products at Macy's also and I still get things of her's at K-Mart.....

dude6363

[34]May 19, 2008
    I love her ads for Macy's really playful. Is it just me, or are they're no more celebs on her show? She used to have all sorts of stars and now the guests are more relevent.